No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Memphis Game Thread 1-21-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our guys didn't look too unhappy after getting clowned by Memphis. Kinda weird.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Hello darkness, my old friend, I’ve come to talk with you again...
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• That was an embarrassing display of Shocker basketball against a mediocre team.

Comment

• F’s all around tonight. Didn’t see much effort after shots didn’t fall.

Comment

• Couldn't make shots and got way athleticked tonight. Big boys league. A freshman of ours was the only player we had that looked athletic enough to be on the court. Oh...and we couldn't hit shots. That court...geez.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• We have potential.
              When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• Well that was a bad time to have a horrible game. That was terrible but its the first bad loss of the season. Hope this loss gets them hyped because they seemed flat and not wanting to play at all offense or defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  The most difficult thing about this game is not the awful offense. We have seen that and even persevered through it over the years.

It's the defense.

Without our smash-mouth, hair-on-fire defense, we don't have that unique edge that always keepa us in any game no matter how tough the opponent matchup is for us.

Without that defense, we don't have any hope.

Hopefully it's only left us this one night.
                  We let our offensive woes affect our defense and that’s not happened this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                    Our guys didn't look too unhappy after getting clowned by Memphis. Kinda weird.
                    We’ll see how IB responds.

Comment

• Who is getting the house that we built with all the bricks we've laid in Memphis the last 3 years? Did that go to Marshall in the separation agreement?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        AG may have had 9 points but how many times does he need to do a shot fake from 3 when he’s wide open? Nobody is falling for your damn fake. Work on that shot son.
                        I admitted the 3pt problem. But otherwise he definitely did better than every other guard for sure. I count Council as a wing.

4 assists in this game is amazing since no one wanted to even try to get open LOL.

Alot of blame to go around. And some falls on AG (shot selection). But he was far from the worse IMHO
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Have a long time to let this loss simmer...for better or worse

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                            Have a long time to let this loss simmer...for better or worse
                            Yeah I would rather have a game this weekend to try and rinse the taste out. But it's the way it goes
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                              Our guys didn't look too unhappy after getting clowned by Memphis. Kinda weird.
                              Wait until they watch the game from ESPN replay. They were laughed at all night! Maybe the smile will be wiped off their faces and some moxie will emerge.
                              When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• My wife just said, “sometimes you just gotta laugh...”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X