Wichita State vs. Memphis Game Thread 1-21-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

They didn’t “give the ball to Cisse” everytime in the sense that he had an array of amazing moves in the post. He screened for his guards and they assisted him for dunks and layups. He played the role of the modern big man well. From our guards to our post and the helpers behind them we didn’t guard ball screens anywhere near well enough.
    Totally agree. Our defense sucked.

Comment

• I am only mad still because they are capable of much better. You knew they were going to shut down ETN, so it’s a disaster waiting to happen when Dex or TW or AG cannot pick up the slack. Come on Dex. You won’t even play in Albania if you cannot shoot above 35% on the 3 ball.

Defense...MU should have been yanked earlier. That’s on the Coach...and I am rooting for IB and this squad, but damn that was embarrassing.

Comment

• We had Memphis beat until Penny figured out Lomax should be playing. He changed the game on both ends, and Lomax manhandled Gilbert.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
          We had Memphis beat until Penny figured out Lomax should be playing. He changed the game on both ends, and Lomax manhandled Gilbert.
          I'm glad and feel fortunate that we have Gilbert, but it is clear why he left UConn and why he is here. Over the red-shirt year for RJ Cole at UConn it became more and more apparent that Cole was the PG of the future. UConn announced that AG was leaving on March 19 and announced he was coming to WSU on March 28. He was looking for a starting position with the best opportunity. Look no further than a quality program within a familiar conference where you are immediately inserted at PG with major minutes. A win / win for both AG and WSU.

Cole has been a very good, not necessarily great, replacement. He has a slightly better A/TO ratio, basically the same FG%, but better 3pt% and FT%. Some of AG's numbers have slipped from his previous year, some have improved. However, several of AG's number slipped from his junior to senior year at UConn.

As I said, I'm glad we have him. I do think we may have had too high of expectations. He pretty much has been who he was in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

As I said, I'm glad we have him. I do think we may have had too high of expectations.
            Me too....... I did.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
              I just want to see posts from everyone who used to post in Marshall’s defense that “he’s not shooting the ball”, or coach can not do so much - he’s not on the court.” It’s one freakin game.
              I don’t think I’d go there. We didn’t have to defend Marshall that much because he won so much that we were pretty sure the losses were aberrations. And he’s not shooting the ball.

Comment

• Hey we've got the replay on ESPNU...lets watch the disaster again!

Comment

Working...
                X