Wichita State vs. USF Game Thread 12-22-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

Look, go Shox, but I stand by my comments, You don't make all those mistakes down the stretch and put all the blame on the players. Coaching has to get better. Players are reflections of their coaching. Ya'll need to open your own coaching representation firm--they would certainly buy into what you're selling.
    So was he telling them to foul on those last two 3's? What as a coach can you do besides say don't foul. How much do you put on the players?

And I don't have time to open a coaching firm.

Comment

• - Alterique has to be better. Protect the ball better, more under control, etc.
      - Ricky > Dexter
      - Bilau > Mo and Poor Bear
      - Trey and Clarence are pretty much wildcards
      - Liked Porter’s game a lot, but not the attempt at the Rondo layup
      - Tyson is the man
      - just go do 5 v 5 rebounding for 2 hours a day next week in practice

Comment

• Ricky might start before year end. He’s confident and reliable. Good game for Clarence.

Comment

• I watched the second half. Damn our fans are straight cheering for failure. 67% of posts are negative.

It’s a game. Enjoy the ride. Cheer the boys. It’s ok if they make mistakes. No one will die because of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post
            - Liked Porter’s game a lot, but not the attempt at the Rondo layup
            Yeah, not his best decision but he probably got fouled but you can't depend on the stripes to make that call.

Comment

• 1. The zone won us the game
              2. We need more 4
              3. AG is frustrating
              4. TW was really bad at the beginning, really good at the end
              5. 29 fouls on WSU
              6. Tyson is pretty damn good
              7. JoBu played pretty well
              8. Yeah, we got a bad whistle
              9. 6 guys with 7 or more pts
              10. USF oughta be better than they were

Comment

• Love listening to IB, excited like a little kid at Christmas.

Comment

• SO ****ING PROUD!!!!!! WHAT A GUTSY ****ING WINNNNNNN
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

You are the only one on this hill. The halftime adjustments got us back in the game. The switch to zone was big.

​​​​​​No coach tells his players to make those stupid fouls. That's like saying Marshall was responsible for stevenson hacking someone on the run outs after he bricked a 3 ... That's just a dumb play. Players have responsibility and accountability too
                    Fo(u)ol me once, shame on you. Fo(u)ol me twice down the stretch, play a complete half of borderline unwatchable basketball, fail to run the clock out when given the opportunity ... shame on me. The coaches shoulder much of the responsibility, but that responsibility is certainly easier to stomach in the shadow of a W and 2-0 start in conference play. Happy for the W and very much appreciate the banter.

Comment

• So proud of our guys. Great win! Also, does anyone know a good cardiologist?

Comment

• Hell of line for Tyson: 25 points (6-14, 3-9, 10-12), 6 rebounds, 4 assists and 1 turnover and that was after a poor first half.

Second Half & OT: 21 points (5-8, 3-6, 8-10), 4 rebounds, 3 assists, no turnovers.

Comment

• Bench points: WSU 32 - USF 15

Comment

• Take the W. They won’t come easy. About, well ok, went nuts, very happy for this team!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Hell of line for Tyson: 25 points (6-14, 3-9, 10-12), 6 rebounds, 4 assists and 1 turnover and that was after a poor first half.
                              Great kid, too. Looks good in a Shocker uniform. Proud he represents Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

Great kid, too. Looks good in a Shocker uniform. Proud he represents Wichita.
                                No doubt about who is the vocal leader of this team

Comment

Working...
                                X