No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. USF Game Thread 12-22-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got so stressed that I went to the kitchen and baked sugar cookies at the half. I am willing to do that every game, since it seemed to turn it around.

Comment

• Does anyone have a clip of the tyson dunk. I had to listen on keyn

Comment

• 2 and 0 in the conference. I really like Bilau, CJ, RC4, TE, and Porter on the floor.
        I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
          I guess I don’t get the negativity... was it perfect? No... we’re they tough in the second stretch? Yes....
          these guys will not be national champs ... but they are WAAAAY better than I thought they would be....
          go Shockers! Great win! Get better!!!
          While I agree, they are better than probably most of us expected, a lot of the frustration comes from controllable mistakes. It seems like we put together a good stretch but then shoot ourselves in the foot when we’re about to get over the hump. And controllable mistakes being AG protecting the ball better, Trey or Clarence jacking a wild 3, Mo forcing a shot, not getting back on defense, not boxing out, etc. Again, I totally agree they are better than we thought. But all of those mistakes are either carelessness, lack of effort, or lack of BBIQ

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
            This is an atrociously coached team, plain and simple. Other problems, but coaching has been D+ at best tonight.
            Could not disagree more. Second half adjustments were outstanding, and I didn't notice a single foul on a 3-point shooter by IB.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktop23 View Post
              Does anyone have a clip of the tyson dunk. I had to listen on keyn

Bonus ricky dunk

Comment

• NM

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Yes. I think AG needs to be more of a floor general and less a needed scorer.
                  I understand where you're coming from...but when he's out there with the starters...who has shown ANY abilility to score against decent competition (except TE)? He almost has to make things happen at times. If TW, DD, or MU become any sort of threat then hopefully he can reign it in.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

While I agree, they are better than probably most of us expected, a lot of the frustration comes from controllable mistakes. It seems like we put together a good stretch but then shoot ourselves in the foot when we’re about to get over the hump. And controllable mistakes being AG protecting the ball better, Trey or Clarence jacking a wild 3, Mo forcing a shot, not getting back on defense, not boxing out, etc. Again, I totally agree they are better than we thought. But all of those mistakes are either carelessness, lack of effort, or lack of BBIQ
                    They’re all fixable things and we’re 6 games into the season. This team has a pretty high ceiling IMO.

Comment

• Very nice second half, shot selection and passing were much better. Etienne, what a second half. Love our new players they bring in lots of energy. If we can get any sort of inside game we will be a tough team to beat. It’s wide open in the American. Houston and then it’s wide open. Two road wins is huge

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post
                        Also, man. How about those dunks from Tyson and Ricky? Could watch those on a loop.
                        TE should be SportsCenter Top 10, RCIV could be as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          How in the holy hand grenade is Bradley beating Missouri?
                          Bradley has a pretty good team. They should have beat Xavier on the road. They did lose to South Dakota State at home which was a little puzzling. Brian Wardle is a good coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

They’re all fixable things and we’re 6 games into the season. This team has a pretty high ceiling IMO.
                            Yep I totally agree. I didn’t mean to sound too complainy, just trying to explain the source of peoples’ frustration. I think we have a really exciting future ahead of us, both short and long term. Also IB is the man.

Comment

• Great win for the guys! Feel like I went to the game - am almost hoarse from screaming at the TV. So very happy for the team and coaches!!!!

And since we have no thread police....To the linx, caddy!

Comment

• Personally, I thought literally everyone who played had their moment. We battled through a dismal first half and a massive foul discrepancy after all.

As far as coaching goes, coaching won the game. The decision to switch to a zone completely flummoxed USF, and them not being able to adjust was the difference maker. Half-time adjustments and rotations are about all a coach even can do with 9 newcomers and barely a few weeks of practice time. If anything, this team is hurt by not having enough coaching, rather than bad coaching.

I continue to think this team has a better head on its shoulders than any team we've had the past few years. I never see bad body language, and we have plenty of reasons to show it. More than anything, I feel confident that guys want to do the right thing and play at the right energy level. Lots of stutters on the way, but I'm happy with tbe direction and honestly where we are right now. A few dumb fouls won't change my thoughts in that matter. There is honestly a good chance we'd be undefeated and possibly even ranked if we had the full roster from day 1 and I haven't seen anything but fight from our dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X