Wichita State vs. USF Game Thread 12-22-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

Look, go Shox, but I stand by my comments, You don't make all those mistakes down the stretch and put all the blame on the players. Coaching has to get better. Players are reflections of their coaching. Ya'll need to open your own coaching representation firm--they would certainly buy into what you're selling.
    You are the only one on this hill. The halftime adjustments got us back in the game. The switch to zone was big.

​​​​​​No coach tells his players to make those stupid fouls. That's like saying Marshall was responsible for stevenson hacking someone on the run outs after he bricked a 3 ... That's just a dumb play. Players have responsibility and accountability too

Comment

• Once we got ahead, we never trailed.

Comment

• A good win for the guys. They never gave up and kept fighting to get the win.

Go Shocks!
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• I need a brain scan after watching that

Comment

• 2-0 AAC start on the road. Hasn't necessarily been pretty but they don't award style points.

Comment

• People bitching about the fouls: Gilbert was not good. Blame IB if you want.

How was ETNs a foul? That was one of the worst calls in a crucial spot I’ve ever seen. Not only is IB not responsible. Neither is ETN!!!!! It wasn’t a foul! Not close. So stick it in your crock and crack it.

Comment

• The BBIQ isn't always the greatest yet. But you can tell this team never has the look on their faces like they won't win. Gotta love that.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  I will certainly take a 2-0 start on the road in conference play.

This team has great potential if they can put 30-35 good minutes together.
                  A stud rebounder must develop to put this team over the top. Maybe RC IV is that guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

A stud rebounder must develop to put this team over the top.
                    Yes....100%%%%
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• The "bench" shot 50% from the field (13-26) and 5-6 from the line.

Comment

• Big block by Mo early in the OT which I think led to Craig's layup to push the Shocks into the lead in OT.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 22, 2020, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• An ironic plus is having so many newcomers and a new coach. Other teams don’t know how to scout us yet.

Comment

• Insane calls and poor bbiq plays aside, this team has much better body language and chemistry than last years team. Big shock, I know. Hope
                            we can keep most of this core of guys together.

Comment

• Wow. Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory then pulled it out of our ass! We were the better team but just got screwed by reffing and also committing dumb fouls.

Great freaking win though. 2-0 with two road wins? Never would have expected that after the way this season started.

Really big win. How big will obviously depend on how we perform going forward but this team has only scratched the surface I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

A stud rebounder must develop to put this team over the top. Maybe RC IV is that guy.
                                Or even if our bigs could just be average rebounders. Tonight Udeze, Poor Bear and Bilau combined for 4 rebounds in 44 minutes of playing time. Durr and Yetna had 28 rebounds combined for USF.

Comment

Working...
                                X