Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Bonus ricky dunk

Say what you will about Dex performance this year... But hes all in to this team. Notice in the background of the ricky dunk, he's on his feet waiting for it. Noticed he was the first out to pump up Poor Bear when he buried that 3 a couple games ago. In previous years we would have players that would be struggling on offense like dex is this year and they would spend their time on the sideline pouting.

At least right now, this team seems all in. They have a lot to fix .. but the "want to" is there.

Comment

Look at you being negative saying they won't be National champs!!! :)
      I’m repenting of that negativity as I speak!

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
        Please quit fowling
        Leave the poultry alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockersarelife View Post

No doubt about who is the vocal leader of this team
          You think anybody from last year's team saw that coming and didn't like it?
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Was tonight’s game or last year’s UConn game more stressful to watch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
              I watched the second half. Damn our fans are straight cheering for failure. 67% of posts are negative.

It’s a game. Enjoy the ride. Cheer the boys. It’s ok if they make mistakes. No one will die because of it.
              With the admiration and respect the fans had for Marshall, it's easy to think that if he were still coaching things would be better. That type of thinking makes people look for weaknesses and comment on them. Sometimes we didn't need to go looking for weaknesses to see them and comment on them, but comparing any performance to "just think how much better it would be with Marshall running the show" isn't going to go away any time soon. It may or may not he accurate, but it's not going to go away.

Comment

• Wonder why we are getting beat on the boards so bad? Effort? Personnel? Zone defense? Thoughts?
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• I like how we mixed things up on defense with a bit of zone. Our passing has been really good at times and we have been taking care of the ball. We have several players who can shoot off the dribble, guard play is our strength. Gilbert has a few head scratchers but he really does do a good job of creating shots, not just for himself but others also

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                    Wonder why we are getting beat on the boards so bad? Effort? Personnel? Zone defense? Thoughts?
                    Combination of being undersized at the 5 (besides Bilau), not having all 5 guys boxing out when every shot goes up, and not having a 5 man who rebounds with Clarence’s junkyard dog mentality. We can still be a successful rebounding team IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

And that's why I did "bench" in my previous post. Right now, I'm not sure we have but 1 sure fire starter. Any of the other 9 could start, if that was really that important.
                      I kind of like RC4 and C-Jack bringing their energy off the bench. OTOH Craig coming off the bench kind of brings a steadying influence and I like the way he gets the team into its offense. Mo and Poor Bear are pretty much interchangeable. I have a feeling Jo-Bee may progress pretty rapidly this year if he can stay healthy and get some decent minutes. Thought he showed some improvement tonight.

Would sure like to see Dexter contribute more on the offensive end and take a little heat off of Tyson.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 22, 2020, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• Hopefully that’s. Correctable . Quickly.

Comment

• I’m 100% on board with Gilbert. Definitely made some mistakes down the stretch that could have cost us the game but the good far outweighed the bad to me. ​​​​​​
                          • Porter is quietly such a good player. If there is a way to contribute positively to the game he does it.
                          • It’s been said a million times now but our guards are so much better this season.
                          • Would like to agree with everyone who said this team feels way more together and on the same page than the last two years.
                          • Bilau did a few things this game that were pretty nice for a raw 6’10 kid. The three headed monster contributed just enough.
                          • I knew we were getting beat on the boards but it didn’t feel as bad as the final tally. We have to get that cleaned up. I think the refs missed some over the back calls on USF.
                          • Lackadaisical transition defense started the comedy of errors during the great unraveling at the end. We went up six on a made basket and they scored a layup and free throw in less than 5 seconds. That just can’t happen if you want to win against the best teams.

Comment

Bonus ricky dunk

Neither one of them flexed or celebrated. They just went back and played D. "Act like you've done it before" seems to be a theme with this team. Probably because they have and they don't feel the need to brag about it when they do it again. Next year when there's 10K in the stands (I hope) they will understand they don't have to showboat for the crowd.

Comment

• I never thought that I would miss the refs from the MVC. Those guys were awful.

IB deserves credit for switching defenses in 2nd half.

This team has talent. We just need to have better rebounding.

AG can be frustrating but I am so glad he is on our team.

The bench was great again tonight.

2 road conference wins are huge.

Merry Christmas everyone. I’m a happy Shocker tonight!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I kind of like RC4 and C-Jack bringing their energy off the bench. OTOH Craig coming off the bench kind of brings a steadying influence and I like the way he gets the team into its offense. Mo and Poor Bear are pretty much interchangeable. I have a feeling Jo-Bee may progress pretty rapidly this year if he can stay healthy and get some decent minutes. Thought he showed some improvement tonight.

Would sure like to see Dexter contribute more on the offensive end and take a little heat off of Tyson.
                                Pretty sure TE welcomes the heat. Thrives on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X