No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. USF Game Thread 12-22-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monzy’s defense is getting better. He knocks down open looks and has the athleticism and ability to slash off the dribble as long as he keeps it simple. He needs to forget about shooting in the first 10 seconds of the shot clock unless it’s a wide open dunk or layup but he is a scorer. Still a lot to work on but after a couple less than stellar games I thought he put it together pretty well tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
      For those worried about coaching... Gregg got his butt kicked at USF... some of tonight’s killer adjustments would not have occurred under HCGM.

Lots to like about the new guys. They are all pretty dynamic.
      Look,I am pleased for the team and IB but you’re just full of it at any point to say Gregg wouldn’t have won tonight and he wouldn’t have one that night and bla bla bla. He already won all those nights the last 14 years with the best winning record in our history. And nearly every night for the last 10 we expected to win. It doesn’t help IB to pretend he is already better than 3G nor does it help our tradition to badmouth our GOAT coach.

Comment

• Oh, and killer adjustments?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Look,I am pleased for the team and IB but you’re just full of it at any point to say Gregg wouldn’t have won tonight and he wouldn’t have one that night and bla bla bla. He already won all those nights the last 14 years with the best winning record in our history. And nearly every night for the last 10 we expected to win. It doesn’t help IB to pretend he is already better than 3G nor does it help our tradition to badmouth our GOAT coach.
          I would seriously doubt that IB "pretends he is already better than 3G". Do you have evidence that would show your statement to be remotely true?

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

I would seriously doubt that IB "pretends he is already better than 3G". Do you have evidence that would show your statement to be remotely true?
            I’m not saying IB pretends that but proshox seems to.

Comment

There is nothing worse than comparing any future coach to Marshall. Marshall is likely a HOF coach. He's a natty CoY. It's not realistic to compare current or future coaches to that standard, but Marshall is gone.

The big dollar guys who LOVED Marshall got the results of the investigation and they thought it was worth $7 mill to pay him off if he would just leave. To my way of thinking, the $$ guys thought their money would be better invested in WSU winning games by paying Marshall $7 mill to leave. Marshall's ability to recruit was damaged. With seven transfers going to seven different schools, the negative stories about Marshall were going to be commonly known to all recruiters.

I remember something from a Communications class at WSU something like 50 years ago. It is never necessary to deal with reality. It is only necessary to deal with the perception of what is real.

Marshall's reality became that he punched a player and choked an assistant. The accused denying that never works. It's impossible to deny that something never happened.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I’m not saying IB pretends that but proshox seems to.
                My comments about IB were in response to the idiots blaming him for the boneheaded fouls. Is IB the better coach? Of course not... Did IB solve something Gregg struggled with? Yes.

Look, the first 17.5 minutes of basketball looked exactly like the prior USF games. IB made some significant adjustments in attitude and tactics. From there WSU controlled the game and became very efficient. In the prior games it was forty minutes of being absolutely stuck in the mud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

There is nothing worse than comparing any future coach to Marshall. Marshall is likely a HOF coach. He's a natty CoY. It's not realistic to compare current or future coaches to that standard, but Marshall is gone.

The big dollar guys who LOVED Marshall got the results of the investigation and they thought it was worth $7 mill to pay him off if he would just leave. To my way of thinking, the $$ guys thought their money would be better invested in WSU winning games by paying Marshall $7 mill to leave. Marshall's ability to recruit was damaged. With seven transfers going to seven different schools, the negative stories about Marshall were going to be commonly known to all recruiters.

I remember something from a Communications class at WSU something like 50 years ago. It is never necessary to deal with reality. It is only necessary to deal with the perception of what is real.

Marshall's reality became that he punched a player and choked an assistant. The accused denying that never works. It's impossible to deny that something never happened.
                  So, your first paragraph was exactly my point.

Your 2nd, 3rd. and 4th paragraphs, deja vu, a lecture you have already so generously and mysteriously shared with me. Thank you again kind sir.

Comment

So, your first paragraph was exactly my point.

Your 2nd, 3rd. and 4th paragraphs, deja vu, a lecture you have already so generously and mysteriously shared with me. Thank you again kind sir.
                    I will try to be more careful with my posts in the future. The fact that you seem to be masturbating to them is kinda creeping me out.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

Fo(u)ol me once, shame on you. Fo(u)ol me twice down the stretch, play a complete half of borderline unwatchable basketball, fail to run the clock out when given the opportunity ... shame on me. The coaches shoulder much of the responsibility, but that responsibility is certainly easier to stomach in the shadow of a W and 2-0 start in conference play. Happy for the W and very much appreciate the banter.
                      You must think Marshall ruined Stevenson too.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                        Wonder why we are getting beat on the boards so bad? Effort? Personnel? Zone defense? Thoughts?
                        The personnel isn’t ideal for rebounding, however, if I were to put one thing on the coach, this would be it.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• I’m a fan of Gilbert. He’s a pure PG. does he over dribble? Sure, but he dribbles with purpose. He’s going places with the ball and breaking down defenses. PGs in the past would dribble in one place until the other 9 guys in the court were all set up. Gilbert breaks down the D and if there is an open guy he hits him. If not, he’s good enough to get a decent look.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Porter is fun to watch! He does great things on both sides of the court, and has the talent to execute. We are very fortunate to have Gilbert, Etienne, and Porter to play 80+ minutes a game.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• I did like the HCIB timeouts and then watching USF coach lose his mind after each one.

Comment

• Oh Ricky, you so fine! Can’t say enough wonderful things about this kid. We will get to see a lot more of him this season, and as we do I’m sure the warts will begin to show, but until then I will enjoy the ride and every time something goes the wrong way for the Shox I will yell at the TV, “PUT RICKY IN!”
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X