Wichita State vs. Missouri Game Thread 12-6-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

Sounds like you guys forgot how lost AM seemed to be when he was in the game.
    not always. He had some very fine games for us as well. And he didn’t look as lost as our bigs did today. He also could make free throws.

Comment

• Sad for the loss. It was a difficult situation to be in, missing players from practice all week, covid protocol, new coaches, no fans, missed free throws.

the play was chaotic at times, and a bit ragged. I'm going to look at the glass half full here. Mizzou will be tough for any team. They are big and experienced. WSU is the polar opposite of Mizzou. There are things to like about this group. Looking forward to the next game. Hopeful it happens. Go Shocks!

Comment

I haven’t, he had a few moments but not near enough to make a difference. Mitguard was a good teammate though...

Comment

• Hey, we lost to Mizzou by 10 and Oregon lost by 8.

So we are only 2 points worse than Oregon with a new coach and missing guys..

That's how that works....right? Lol

#lookingforpositives
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Nice 1st post-game interview by C-Jack.

Comment

• Can’t say there was a lack of effort from our guys. They looked a little better on both sides today than their game against ORU. We played a great Mizzou team!
              I try not to be so critical of MU but it’s SO hard. I really hope for more improvement as the season continues. Maybe he feels pressure to perform under the current circumstances so is trying too hard to be the hero. Who knows....
              Best believe it would have been a closer game with the fans. I hope the newbies get to experience The Roundhouse with some sort of fan base this year.
              I LOVE CJack! His hustle never stops. I can’t wait to see how he develops over the years. He is a fun player to watch.
              Gilbert was what this team needed this year. Happy to see him in Shocker colors.
              Was happy to see some shots fall for DD. He is such a mental player offensively. I think people sometimes look past how well he plays defense. The shots will fall.
              Ty didn’t have the same game as last but he still did good in my opinion. He tried to create shots when his outside wasn’t falling and is someone who can make free throws.
              Overall am I bummed they lost? YES but it wasn’t a blowout (trying to stay positive here). The coaches have many takeaways from this game to help them next weekend. Always a good day when I get to watch some Shocker basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Doc was right..AM would be a stalwart on this team. Maybe not so much on talent, but at least someone who has the physique to play the part.

That is all.
                AM would definitely have the size at center, but I'm afraid he would have also been in foul trouble in this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

AM would definitely have the size at center, but I'm afraid he would have also been in foul trouble in this game.
                  I'm not entirely sure about that. AM did a really good job of using his body and maintaining verticality to avoid a lot of dumb fouls.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I don't have anything against AM. But sick and tired of hearing about AM. He couldn't make layups and was very slow. There is a reason why he is at a Division 3 school.

Comment

• I think this game will prove to be much more valuable for this team than a blowout win over a SWAC buy game.

Last year the Shocks played Texas Southern in their 2nd game and won a close 69-63 game.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 6, 2020, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• RC4 only had 1 day of practice and it was a short practice.

1 or 2 guys will be back on Monday and rest a day or two after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

not always. He had some very fine games for us as well. And he didn’t look as lost as our bigs did today. He also could make free throws.
                          AM is a career 49 percent ft shooter

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockersarelife View Post
                            Udeze and a 3 pointer
                            From what I have seen in 2 games he needs to stop. How about focusing on grabbing rebounds instead.

Comment

AM never got enough game time to really get lost. Given his limitations, he tended to play smart when he was in. He would have been a positive against a big frontline like Missouri's.

Comment

• Originally posted by 12eagle View Post

AM is a career 49 percent ft shooter
                                LOL Please don't bring up facts to the AM fans. They do not want to hear it.

Comment

Working...
                                X