No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Missouri Game Thread 12-6-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having Porter and Bilau will make a difference.

Jackson was fantastic.

Tyson and Dexter will be fine.

Gilbert can't do it all himself, but can do quite a lot.

RC4 I'm excited to see more of.

The Wade Brothers have roles to play.

Surely Mo and IPBC can be better. They don't have to be great, but they have to be much better than today.
    Last edited by SubGod22; December 6, 2020, 03:23 PM.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Needs work - Transition defense
      Needs work - Post defense
      Needs work - Offensive execution
      Needs work - Post offense

Clarence Jackson - He can succeed against a quality opponent, too.
      Tyson Etienne - Never quits and will get and hit his shots.
      Dexter Dennis - Might be more of a glue guy like Cotton or Wessel, with the ability to get hot.
      Alterique Gilbert - He is going to keep us in some games.
      Trey Wade - Just an average undersized PF. Kind of disappointed in him so far, but it's early.
      Ricky Council IV - The potential is there. Needs to make good decisions with the ball.
      Udeze/Chandler - Need to get better quick or the verdict will be they need to play in a softer conference.

We really need to see what Bilau and Porter will bring to the rotation. It's going to be a long week until Saturday.

Comment

• Coach IB giving high fives after a 10 point loss. Kinda weird to see.
        I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Small ball with Jackson may be at least a consideration.?
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
            Small ball with Jackson may be at least a consideration.?
            Hopeful a lineup with Jackson at the 4 and Bilau at the 5 works.

Comment

• Ricky is the type of fluid athlete teams like Houston get and that WSU needs to start getting more of.

Hope the other freshman and Joseph are similar.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                Small ball with Jackson may be at least a consideration.?
                Against some teams possibly.

Missouri was so big in the post it wouldn't have mattered
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I kind of miss Stevenson’s body language.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    CJack is a beast. Major bright spot.

Our two centers have 3 combined rebounds and 8 combined fouls. That should never happen, regardless of the opponent.
                    Royal,
                    Correction...WSU has two persons in the paint. We do not have 2 centers.
                    Period.
                    There is reason MU attempted to transfer and didn't. The answer is not hard to figure out. He would be fine... in The Valley
                    Poor Bear is one of those players who has some talent, but it just doesn't register upstairs.

I've said it half dozen times. JB better be good or the sheet show that was on display today will be repeated multiple times this season.

Doc was right..AM would be a stalwart on this team. Maybe not so much on talent, but at least someone who has the physique to play the part.

That is all.
                    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

3 more second string players isn't a 12 point difference.
                      You don't think having enough players to run a practice, and more bodies to stay fresh would make a difference in a 10 point game? It's not that those players are so much better, but having a full bench means alot both during the game and in practice. Missouri is also likely just a more talented/experienced team at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Royal,
                        Correction...WSU has two persons in the paint. We do not have 2 centers.
                        Period.
                        There is reason MU attempted to transfer and didn't. The answer is not hard to figure out. He would be fine... in The Valley
                        Poor Bear is one of those players who has some talent, but it just doesn't register upstairs.

I've said it half dozen times. JB better be good or the sheet show that was on display today will be repeated multiple times this season.

Doc was right..AM would be a stalwart on this team. Maybe not so much on talent, but at least someone who has the physique to play the part.

That is all.
                        Sounds like you guys forgot how lost AM seemed to be when he was in the game.

Comment

• Sucks to lose but came away with much to be excited about. Will be nice to play a game with ALL of our team available. Bench Mo and Pooh, let JB start. Sorry, but he can't be worse.

Comment

• Not discouraged by this game. I thought going in the Shocks were over-matched. They hung in about as well as I expected they would and the effort was good. If the Shocker guards had shot the ball up to their capabilities they could have won this game. No doubt Mizzou's size and athleticism had something to do with that.

Clearly, as many others have noted, we have major deficiencies in the frontcourt with only C-Jack showing the ability to be a factor. Hopefully, Bilau will be an upgrade from Udeze, Morris and/or Trey Wade but that remains to be seen and if any of our guys need some floor time to get acclimated to game speed and play it is Bilau. So it may take a while for him if he does have the goods

RC4 showed some flashes of what he could be.

I don't think we will win a lot of games with Tyson, Dexter and Alterique making only 11 of 39 shots and the team only shooting +61% from the line.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 6, 2020, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

Sounds like you guys forgot how lost AM seemed to be when he was in the game.
                              I don't think they forgot anything.

That is just how bad Udeze and IPBC has been
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Hopeful a lineup with Jackson at the 4 and Bilau at the 5 works.
                                I think you might be right. We will have to see. But what I like in both of them is that they play hard and go after the ball for rebounds. Granted its only 2 games watching CJ and 1 game watching JB last year. I also like what I see in Trevin Wade in Ricky Council IV. We certainly need some rim protection too.

Comment

Working...
                                X