Mizzou look ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Dave Dahl called him Gibson on last night's post game show.
    Okay. I did not hear that.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Dave Dahl called him Gibson on last night's post game show.
      To be fair, he called Gilbert's name correctly 100% of the time in 3 of the last 5 games.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
        I'm scared to play Mizzou

This is peak 2020
        Lulz. That is too good of a joke to take offense!

I have to admit that all I really know about Wichita State this year is lots of turmoil, Gregg Marshall is gone, you have like 8 scholarship players right now with COVID, and that we have both played Oral Roberts.

No fans at all on Sunday...is that right? That definitely is favorable for us. We are used to playing in empty gyms. That is more of an SEC basketball joke than a Mizzou joke for the record. SEC schools have pumped a lot of money into basketball but no one seems to care until March. I miss the Big XII from a basketball perspective.

The Mizzou analysis I have seen here thus far is pretty good. I have to confess that I have paid more attention to college basketball in the last 12 hours or so than I have in the entire time from April until yesterday. And I am a season ticket holder. I would just say that Pinson is very talented but plays out of control a lot. So if you can get him to speed up, he makes a lot of mistakes, and Cuonzo has shown the propensity to bench him for long stretches when that occurs. There was a real sign of growth last night where Pinson was very much out of control early, but Cuonzo stuck with him and he settled down. Tilmon tends to be overly aggressive and picks up two quick fouls pretty frequently. So the key for Mizzou is keeping him on the court.

I haven't followed the Marshall saga all that closely but I feel for the Wichita State fans. That's a tough deal. I feel like we have a lot in common: similar color scheme, we have significant overlap in the schools we dislike, and both schools have transitioned to new conferences in the last 6 or 7 years. I'd love to play Wichita State regularly. And in other sports too. It would be a nice regional rivalry.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
          I'm scared to play Mizzou

This is peak 2020
          Let’s lace them up and get after it! I’m looking forward to see some improvement for the 2nd game. I wish we could have played in SD but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou Man View Post

Lulz. That is too good of a joke to take offense!

I have to admit that all I really know about Wichita State this year is lots of turmoil, Gregg Marshall is gone, you have like 8 scholarship players right now with COVID, and that we have both played Oral Roberts.

No fans at all on Sunday...is that right? That definitely is favorable for us. We are used to playing in empty gyms. That is more of an SEC basketball joke than a Mizzou joke for the record. SEC schools have pumped a lot of money into basketball but no one seems to care until March. I miss the Big XII from a basketball perspective.

The Mizzou analysis I have seen here thus far is pretty good. I have to confess that I have paid more attention to college basketball in the last 12 hours or so than I have in the entire time from April until yesterday. And I am a season ticket holder. I would just say that Pinson is very talented but plays out of control a lot. So if you can get him to speed up, he makes a lot of mistakes, and Cuonzo has shown the propensity to bench him for long stretches when that occurs. There was a real sign of growth last night where Pinson was very much out of control early, but Cuonzo stuck with him and he settled down. Tilmon tends to be overly aggressive and picks up two quick fouls pretty frequently. So the key for Mizzou is keeping him on the court.

I haven't followed the Marshall saga all that closely but I feel for the Wichita State fans. That's a tough deal. I feel like we have a lot in common: similar color scheme, we have significant overlap in the schools we dislike, and both schools have transitioned to new conferences in the last 6 or 7 years. I'd love to play Wichita State regularly. And in other sports too. It would be a nice regional rivalry.
            Good post.

Comment

Hopefully we can get some more guys back and/or coach remembers IPBC is there because we may be saying 'oh crap, another cramp' quite a bit on Sunday.
              Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

To be fair, he called Gilbert's name correctly 100% of the time in 3 of the last 5 games.
                Mic Drop

Comment

Does anyone know what Dahl’s deal is with his stats in “5 of the last 6 games” is? Of all of the irritating commentary that you can hear on sports broadcasting, that ranks way way up there.

Comment

Majestic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Does anyone know what Dahl’s deal is with his stats in “5 of the last 6 games” is? Of all of the irritating commentary that you can hear on sports broadcasting, that ranks way way up there.
                      I have never understood it. It's obviously meant to make a stat seem better or more meaningful than it really is, but for most of us, it doesn't make much sense.

But making that joke will never get old.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I always wonder what happened in that other game.

Comment

In other words... “Sixty percent of the time it works... every time.”
                          Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Oh good, we’re getting Mark Adams to call this game.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Did you mean Gilbert?

In any case, Mizzou will probably have to have an off-night and the Shocks will have to have play one of their better games of the year to win this one. Dexter is going to have to be much better than he was against ORU. You know Tyson will be a marked man.

Generally, I think our group of guards are quite capable of playing with most guard groups the will be facing this year. The same can't be said regarding our 4/5's.
                              Yes, I meant Gilbert. Good catch.
                              Our backcourt is experienced, talented and matches up well with anyone and that includes UH.
                              The problem is in the 'man zone' and as mentioned, unless JB is the second coming of Carl Hall, is going to be this teams Achilles heel throughout.
                              Teams are going to extend their defense to overplay WSU's guards, due to little concern with the paint personnel.
                              TW works hard, but is undersized. MU is MU and Poor Bear... never mind.

Mizzou has two 6'10" kingpins in the paint and Sunday could get ugly.
                              Actually, a lot of Sundays could get ugly for the next couple months.

That is all.
                              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Depends on the exact data, but it makes sense to me. Is the one game an anomaly? For example, during George Brett's .390 season he hit around .270 at the beginning. So to close the season he was hitting .420 or better. So in September, facing George Brett, are you facing a .390 hitter or .425?

Comment

Working...
                                X