Mizzou look ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    Etienne was the only one from last year's team hat I cared about losing. His game is not perfect, obviously, but he is the only player that is special, IMO.
    Might buy that comment if you only mean the people that were on the team last year. Gilbert and Jackson gave me a LOT to feel like there could be something special there. Still have 5 players we haven't seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Might buy that comment if you only mean the people that were on the team last year. Gilbert and Jackson gave me a LOT to feel like there could be something special there. Still have 5 players we haven't seen.

Correct. Just from last year's team.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

So, still no word on if the new guidelines will allow for additional reinforcements? I figured we would know something by now but maybe we won’t find out until game time.

Comment

I would think it would be in our best interests to not make an annoucement and keep Mizzou guessing what players we'll put on the court
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Does this guy have any eligibility left? He looks good in yellow and black.

Add a walk on small forward here...

a couple of centers and a few more bench players...

and we're all set to distribute some MISERY on Sunday.

Comment

I don't think we've even scratched the surface of Trevin Wade. They said he really lit it up in Juco. He's gonna have some games this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                I would think it would be in our best interests to not make an annoucement and keep Mizzou guessing what players we'll put on the court
                My guess is any changes to protocols would have to be communicated to Mizzou to allow them to make the decision if they are ok playing against those players too ...

Comment

My guess is any changes to protocols would have to be communicated to Mizzou to allow them to make the decision if they are ok playing against those players too ...
                  Just our luck! We just got two new walk-on recruits.

Rob Barker
                  Early Anthony
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Well looks like will get at least an extra body in Herrs back .. but no plan to have any of the scholarship guys back.

Comment

Well looks like will get at least an extra body in Herrs back .. but no plan to have any of the scholarship guys back.
                      CDC doesn’t matter for Wichita state basketball? Disagree on that. Where does he think the KDSHE and AAC are taking their cues from? I mean it’s one thing to say that he doesn’t expect the guidelines to be updated in time or even at all but the CDC guidelines definitely matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        I don't think we've even scratched the surface of Trevin Wade. They said he really lit it up in Juco. He's gonna have some games this year.
                        From the moment he stepped on the court I thought he was ready to go physically and athletically. He just looks like a grown man.

I was impressed with how he used his physical and athletic gifts on the defensive end while acting as a steady force on the other end. At least for one game he didn’t try to do too much, force shots, etc. He might have overdribbled the baseline a few times but he was under control.

Immediate upgrade over Stevenson/Sherfield IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

CDC doesn’t matter for Wichita state basketball? Disagree on that. Where does he think the KDSHE and AAC are taking their cues from? I mean it’s one thing to say that he doesn’t expect the guidelines to be updated in time or even at all but the CDC guidelines definitely matter.
                          I took it as while the KDSHE and AAC will look at the CDC guidelines, WSU is bound by the KDSHE and AAC so they can't unilaterally choose to follow CDC while ignoring the other two.

Comment

I took it as while the KDSHE and AAC will look at the CDC guidelines, WSU is bound by the KDSHE and AAC so they can't unilaterally choose to follow CDC while ignoring the other two.
                            For sure. I guess I was hoping he might reach out to someone at the KDSHE or AAC to get an idea when/if the new CDC guidelines would impact their own guidelines rather than just say “it doesn’t really matter”.

Comment

For sure. I guess I was hoping he might reach out to someone at the KDSHE or AAC to get an idea when/if the new CDC guidelines would impact their own guidelines rather than just say “it doesn’t really matter”.
                              He might have .. but probably a little harder to get an answer from those 2 groups.

Comment

From the moment he stepped on the court I thought he was ready to go physically and athletically. He just looks like a grown man.

I was impressed with how he used his physical and athletic gifts on the defensive end while acting as a steady force on the other end. At least for one game he didn’t try to do too much, force shots, etc. He might have overdribbled the baseline a few times but he was under control.

Immediate upgrade over Stevenson/Sherfield IMO.
                                yes. IMO, the best indicator for new guys is how poised they are the first time they play. I don’t really care about their stats the first few games, just wanna see how they handle themselves on the court - do they know where to be and do they hustle. Trevin did that and then some.

Comment

Working...
                                X