Mizzou look ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mizzou look ahead

If Sunday happens, if Mizzou makes it here, if we have players and if the game gets played. Mizzou basketball has a lot of positives going for it.

Seniors (5), Juniors (5). Two 6'10" players that get considerable time. 4 (almost 5) players scoring in double figures. 35-40% 3 ball pct. and they average almost 10 makes a game.
    Shocks are down players. No crowd to support them. First year coach and a team coming from an off season that I would be happy to never see again in my lifetime. Shocks going to need all the good vibes we can give 'em.
    Last edited by JVShocker; December 3, 2020, 09:32 AM.

I will be cheering them on. Hoping for the best. Anything can happen..........

But......

1-1 is better than 0-2!!

Just want these guys to continue to figure each other out. A lot of them haven't played together much and with COVID that just makes it worse. I just hope for no injuries, no additional COVID cases and a chance for the guys (and coach) to continue to figure it out together.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Hope we have everyone available. Gonna' need em to keep it respectable.

Comment

Presuming the game is played...
        Mizzou looked good last night beating a good Oregon team. Very experienced, talented guards.
        Tilmon and Smith will not be any fun to deal with in the paint. But Pinson is the guy who makes them go.
        The other Smith is a nice player too. Pairs well with Pinson in the backcourt. Glad we have Gibson to deal with them.

That is all.
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
          Presuming the game is played...
          Mizzou looked good last night beating a good Oregon team. Very experienced, talented guards.
          Tilmon and Smith will not be any fun to deal with in the paint. But Pinson is the guy who makes them go.
          The other Smith is a nice player too. Pairs well with Pinson in the backcourt. Glad we have Gibson to deal with them.

That is all.
          I guess it could be argued that we have one of the most experienced point guards in the country. Along with TE, and apparent depth at both positions, I think we can at least compete pretty well with their 1 and 2.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I guess it could be argued that we have one of the most experienced point guards in the country. Along with TE, and apparent depth at both positions, I think we can at least compete pretty well with their 1 and 2.
            I don’t see any physical reason why Trevin Wade can’t defend opposing teams guards game in and game out. Can he be good enough on the other end to justify keeping him on the floor against better teams? How good is Craig Porter and will he possibly play Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I don’t see any physical reason why Trevin Wade can’t defend opposing teams guards game in and game out. Can he be good enough on the other end to justify keeping him on the floor against better teams? How good is Craig Porter and will he possibly play Sunday?
              Doesn't sound like he will be available until Monday, but maybe that will change if the rules get updated. HCIB has been very high on Porter coming into the season. At VU, he lead team in assist, rebounds and blocks. He was second on the team in scoring and rebounding. Potential is there for a hell of a guard rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                Glad we have Gibson to deal with them.
                Did you mean Gilbert?

In any case, Mizzou will probably have to have an off-night and the Shocks will have to have play one of their better games of the year to win this one. Dexter is going to have to be much better than he was against ORU. You know Tyson will be a marked man.

Generally, I think our group of guards are quite capable of playing with most guard groups the will be facing this year. The same can't be said regarding our 4/5's.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 3, 2020, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I have been told we have a new promising walkon, Rob Barker. Can play multiple positions.....good defender

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Did you mean Gilbert?

In any case, Mizzou will probably have to have an off-night and the Shocks will have to have play one of their better games of the year to win this one. Dexter is going to have to be much better than he was against ORU. You know Tyson will be a marked man.

Generally, I think our group of guards are quite capable of playing with most guard groups the will be facing this year. The same can't be said regarding our 4/5's.
                    I think we can keep Pinson relatively in check .. I think Tilmon is going to eat us alive though

Comment

I'm scared to play Mizzou

This is peak 2020

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Did you mean Gilbert?

Dave Dahl called him Gibson on last night's post game show.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

This is peak 2020
                          It's 2020 for them also!!

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

This is peak 2020
                            Seems like an overreaction...
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Dave Dahl called him Gibson on last night's post game show.
                              ... and he called 'Poor Bear' "Pooh Bear" during the pre-game...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X