Mizzou look ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Does anyone know what Dahl’s deal is with his stats in “5 of the last 6 games” is? Of all of the irritating commentary that you can hear on sports broadcasting, that ranks way way up there.
    That's nothing compared to texas basketballs color guy. You would think that a program with all that money could get a guy that describes every positive as he/they did a "good job". I tried to count how many times he said it one game and I quit after 18 times in the first (approx) 13 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Does anyone know what Dahl’s deal is with his stats in “5 of the last 6 games” is? Of all of the irritating commentary that you can hear on sports broadcasting, that ranks way way up there.
      Really? That’s all y’a got?

Go Shocks!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
        Really? That’s all y’a got?

Go Shocks!
        I guess we now know who DUShock is now. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Yes, I meant Gilbert. Good catch.
          Our backcourt is experienced, talented and matches up well with anyone and that includes UH.
          The problem is in the 'man zone' and as mentioned, unless JB is the second coming of Carl Hall, is going to be this teams Achilles heel throughout.
          Teams are going to extend their defense to overplay WSU's guards, due to little concern with the paint personnel.
          TW works hard, but is undersized. MU is MU and Poor Bear... never mind.

Mizzou has two 6'10" kingpins in the paint and Sunday could get ugly.
          Actually, a lot of Sundays could get ugly for the next couple months.

That is all.
          Should be able to count on a pick me up from the Chiefs just about every week. Although I can envision a depressing day Jan 24 in which Shox have a bad day and get stomped by USF, and the Chiefs lose in the AFC champ game. Low odds of both those games being played on the currently scheduled dates, but if they do, fire up the booze early that day.

Comment

Originally posted by shox526 View Post

Should be able to count on a pick me up from the Chiefs just about every week. Although I can envision a depressing day Jan 24 in which Shox have a bad day and get stomped by USF, and the Chiefs lose in the AFC champ game. Low odds of both those games being played on the currently scheduled dates, but if they do, fire up the booze early that day.
            I have seen nothing from USF to think they are capable of "stomping" us

Comment

Comment

We still must play with only 8?

Comment

I really like Etienne but my gosh s just 1 ****** game. Come on Man!!!!!! Who will step up when Etienne shots are not falling? A bigger issue for the Missouri game will be if the Shocks can rebound better, if DD can pull his head out and have fun playing hard. And finally if MU can figure out that he should pass the dam ball out to open players when he is being doubled teamed or in traffic with three players surrounding him. Some of his decisions in ORU were terrible.

I watched the highlights of WestVirgina and Gonzaga and the big men on those teams put on a clinic on how to handle the double team. They pass the freaking ball and then they get it back so that they have the option of shooting when they have the advantage. MU is pretty decent going against 1 defender but not 2 or 3. Go Shocks.

Comment

That’s weird the Gonzaga bigs looked good in the highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                      That’s weird the Gonzaga bigs looked good in the highlights.
                      Their bigs can get to the cup off the dribble and they can shoot it too. I am not sold on their defense.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                        I really like Etienne but my gosh s just 1 ****** game. Come on Man!!!!!! Who will step up when Etienne shots are not falling? A bigger issue for the Missouri game will be if the Shocks can rebound better, if DD can pull his head out and have fun playing hard. And finally if MU can figure out that he should pass the dam ball out to open players when he is being doubled teamed or in traffic with three players surrounding him. Some of his decisions in ORU were terrible.

I watched the highlights of WestVirgina and Gonzaga and the big men on those teams put on a clinic on how to handle the double team. They pass the freaking ball and then they get it back so that they have the option of shooting when they have the advantage. MU is pretty decent going against 1 defender but not 2 or 3. Go Shocks.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Who will step up?

Gilbert sure looked like he was capable of stepping up ...
                          We all know Dexter can step up (see SMU last year)
                          We still have 5 guys we haven't ever seen on the floor .. maybe one of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

To be fair, he called Gilbert's name correctly 100% of the time in 3 of the last 5 games.
                            I like this a lot

Comment

Has anyone seen any talk at all about bringing the guys off early from quarantine? Seems like there would be a big push with the DCD change in guidelines, but seen nothing.

Comment

Etienne was the only one from last year's team hat I cared about losing. His game is not perfect, obviously, but he is the only player that is special, IMO.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X