No announcement yet.

2020-21 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa took Maryland to the woodshed. 22 point win over Turgeon.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Anybody see the tale of two halfs in the Illinois vs. Northwestern game last night? Holy cow!

Northwestern was up 43-28 at half.

Illinois won the game 81-56

That means Illinois won the second half by a score of 53-13.

Comment

• Lol - I had a decent size bet on Illinois, got PO'd at half and went up to bed. My fiance comes up like 45 minutes later and says "Uhh did you see the Illinois score now?" Pleasant surprise!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          Anybody see the tale of two halfs in the Illinois vs. Northwestern game last night? Holy cow!

Northwestern was up 43-28 at half.

Illinois won the game 81-56

That means Illinois won the second half by a score of 53-13.
          Missed that one. Wish I had seen it...looks like a big one for NW!!!!

Comment

• AR having his best half of basketball since the Tulsa game at home his sophomore year.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              AR having his best half of basketball since the Tulsa game at home his sophomore year.
              He looks really really good.

Comment

• Austin Reaves scored 20 in the Oklahoma-Kansas game plus 9 rebounds and 3 assists. More importantly he played 39 minutes. Apparently no longer a fragile player thanks to the surgeries he got while at WSU.
                Last edited by N Crestway; January 9, 2021, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                  Austin Reaves scored 20 in the Oklahoma-Kansas game plus 9 rebounds and 3 assists. More importantly he played 39 minutes. Apparently no longer a fragile player thanks to the surgeries he got while at WSU.
                  And the year off to recoup.

Comment

• The main thing I remember about Austin’s game in addition to the already fore mentioned lack of physical play or finesse defensive play, was that he was such a streaky shooter when he was here. He would shoot the lights out fro 4-5 games in a row and at times carry our offense in a Big Game or two. But during other Big games, especially the AAC Tournament (2017 I think) he disappeared for the whole tournament. When he disappeared offensively, he became a liability because he just wasn’t a good defender (maybe he was ok). Imo, during the majority (not all) of Big games, he was a non factor.

An additional example of his finesse play in 2016-17, was that while he had good handles, teams like Houston would abuse him with their physical defense. He’s probably stronger and better now but at that time, he would have cleaned up in the Valley, but not physical teams like Cincy, UH, Memphis, etc.

Comment

• The last game this week by former Shockers:

Sherfield: 22 points / 8-19 FG / 2-6 3pt / 4-4 FT / 5 rebounds / 5 assists / 2 steals (playing again tonight)

Midtgaard: 19 points / 6-9 FG / 7-8 FT / 9 rebounds / 1 assist (playing again tonight)

Reaves: 20 points / 7-14 FG / 4-4 FT / 9 rebounds / 3 assists

Fernandez: 13 points / 3-5 FG / 3-4 3pt / 4-4 FT / 7 rebounds / 7 assists

Stevenson: 27 points / 7-11 FG / 6-9 3pt / 7-9 FT / 5 rebounds / 2 steals (of course he only scored 34 in the first 9 games)

Burton: 9 points / 4-8 FG / 1 steal

Keyser's team hasn't played for awhile, but through 4 games, he's 21.5 ppg / 55.6 FG% / 42.9 3pt%.

Comment

• Watched Sherfield a couple nights ago and again tonight. Just something about his game I don't like. He plays with no urgency or fire. The offense is just slow with him leading. Sure he gets his points but I struggle to see a floor leader and point guard.

Comment

• With him and JB at the point it was mostly east west ball until the shot clock dictated a long three ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

And the year off to recoup.
                            Probably part of the reason for his transfer plus Kruger reportedly a more player friendly coach. Still ticked me off watching him cheer on Oklahoma as they were drubbing WSU in Oklahoma City.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                              The last game this week by former Shockers:

Sherfield: 22 points / 8-19 FG / 2-6 3pt / 4-4 FT / 5 rebounds / 5 assists / 2 steals (playing again tonight)

Midtgaard: 19 points / 6-9 FG / 7-8 FT / 9 rebounds / 1 assist (playing again tonight)

Reaves: 20 points / 7-14 FG / 4-4 FT / 9 rebounds / 3 assists

Fernandez: 13 points / 3-5 FG / 3-4 3pt / 4-4 FT / 7 rebounds / 7 assists

Stevenson: 27 points / 7-11 FG / 6-9 3pt / 7-9 FT / 5 rebounds / 2 steals (of course he only scored 34 in the first 9 games)

Burton: 9 points / 4-8 FG / 1 steal

Keyser's team hasn't played for awhile, but through 4 games, he's 21.5 ppg / 55.6 FG% / 42.9 3pt%.
                              You missed some. How about DeAntoni Gordon,Tate Busse, and Kaelen Malone? How did they do?
                              Last edited by Shockm; January 10, 2021, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                                You missed some. How about DeAntoni Gordon,Tate Busse, and Kaelen Malone? How did they do?
                                Actually looked at the Northwestern Mississippi site, but Gordon's name wasn't listed in the box scores of the 2 games they.ve played so far. Maybe you can handle the other 2 for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X