No announcement yet.

2020-21 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching Drake play today is kind of like watching the Shockers when they were in the Valley. Precise offense combined with 94' of defensive pressure.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• 2 Dudes just overruled the girl ref that called for the 2 shot foul. Things may get chippy in Des Moines.

Comment

• Drake up 30. Coasting. SIU might score 40. Might.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• 63-29. Under 10.

Comment

• SIU looks like the Washington Generals or a bad HS team. Really hard to judge the Gooses.

Comment

• Drake looks the part.

As good as Loyola 2 years ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

UNI currently down 45-29 with 13 to go .... In the game. 29 pts in 27 minutes ...
                In UNI's defense how would the Shocks be doing if ETN went down?

Comment

• Drake is good. I don't care who they have not played. The reason they ae good is that they got a smart athletic point guard that plays within himself. He doest seem to make mistakes.. He can also get to the cup and more importantly he can distribute the basketball to the many shooters on Drake. They got a lot of guys that can shoot. "Coach GM use to say shooting is the great equalizer in college basketball. I got feeling all those arrogant power 5 schools are not going to be happy when they have to play Drake.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

In UNI's defense how would the Shocks be doing if ETN went down?
                    Better than that?

Comment

• From 2018-2020 (the three seasons after our departure), the Valley only had two teams in the top 100 at KenPom. Man, that conference was rough. But Drake and Loyola are both legitimately good teams this season. UNI would be doing better than they are if not for Green's injury.

I don't hold resentment towards the Valley, but they were holding us down. I still cheer for them in the tournament because I remember what it was like. Well, unless it's Illinois State...although it looks unlikely they'll crack the top 100 anywhere for the next few seasons, so I don't need to worry much about that.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Comment

• Drake has Loyola and Mo State the next two weeks. Should give a better indication of how dominant they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            Drake has Loyola and Mo State the next two weeks. Should give a better indication of how dominant they are.
                            Dominant is a strong word. Drake is good, dominant might be an overstatement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Better than that?
                              I hope to never have the opportunity to find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Tennessee might be pretty good.

UT fired Hermann this morning and apparently is hiring Alabama's OC. Some places good isn't good enough.
                                Big money donors demand big things from big money coaches. Some or the current players were telling signees not to come to Austin. When their next 5* local quarterback pulled his commitment, that crossed the line for Herman. Herman is not loved in Austin. He was given an open checkbook to make improvements on weight room, locker room and just about anything else he needed to recruit and win.
                                UT is a little like the NY Yankees. Lots of money and never accepting anything less than a championship, but can't seem to find their way there.
                                Last edited by Atxshoxfan; January 4, 2021, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X