2020-21 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I don't believe he'll be toxic next year (or maybe the year after) because he 'resigned' and wasn't 'fired.'
    I think you may be underestimating the wokeness, determination and reach of today's Cancel Culture.

Comment

• Someone will give him a shot because winning trumps all. While there was too much damage to keep him here, another school will not care and will give him a shot. Not sure he'd be interested, but a perennial bottom dweller in a P5 will come calling. Gregg has the ability to motivate and make kids believe they have been slighted and they should prove people wrong. He will have the added motivation of everyone thinking he can't resurrect his career. Think Minnesota (or similar) if little Ricky P is let go, which it's looking like he will be. Although they will go hard after Dutcher at SDSU given his familial ties to the school.

Comment

• Wow. BYU is tearing Gonzaga up. The Zags play very little defense. 5hat point guard for BYU is smart , athletic can pass the ball and shoot. He is controlling the game. ByU is also shooting lights out. If the Zags come back and win this they are no 1 team in the country.

PS I forgot to say its very hard to beat a team 3 times. That is what Gonzaga is trying to do.

Comment

• Oral Roberts up 21 in Summit Conference Championship game. 13 minutes left in the game. This would be 2nd tournament team we beat. 3 if Ole Miss gets a bid.

Comment

• Oral Roberts wins the Summitt league bid ... Decent chance all 4 of our non con teams could end up in the tourney.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Oral Roberts wins the Summitt league bid ... Decent chance all 4 of our non con teams could end up in the tourney.
              OR held on to win by 3. I just about jinxed them. LOL

Comment

• So, I guess WSU beat a tourney team, in their first game, with 8 players, and not being able to practice fully.

Won’t matter much, likely, but it makes a nice headline!
                The Assman

Comment

• Bubble Watch: Any of these teams losing would help us out. But all we need to be worrying about is 'Just Win, Baby'

Syracuse vs NC State
                  Xavier vs Butler
                  Duke vs Louisville

Comment

• Butler beats Xavier in overtime!
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Louisville losses by 14 to Duke.

Comment

• Wasn't Clemson still considered on the bubble. They lost to Miami.

Well, excuse me! Clemson was a 7 seed. Apparently, they didn't deserve that and should have been on the bubble.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          Louisville losses by 14 to Duke.
                          Predicted the Duke win in our house. A Duke win tomorrow night against FSU and they will be a sexy (unfortunately) pick by anyone on the committee. Bad news for a lot of non P5 teams.

Comment

• Thursday Bubble Games to Monitor:
                            Syracuse vs Virginia: This would give the 'Cuse a marquee win.
                            Seton Hall vs St. Johns: Two teams going in opposite directions. A St. John win could get them super close to the line.
                            Nevada vs Boise State: Gives us another one Grant!
                            South Carolina vs Ole Miss: Rebs
                            Duke vs Florida State: Lets not let this Duke hype gain steam..
                            Fresno State vs Colorado St: Dawgs

Adding some games that Taylor mentioned in his article today (I didn't think to start looking at games that could affect our seeding. I really would like our path as an 11 seed and not 10 seed)

Michigan State vs Maryland
                            Miami
                            vs Georgia Tech
                            Oregon State vs UCLA
                            Last edited by SkoShox; March 11, 2021, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• Duke is out of the ACC tournament due to COVID.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                                Thursday Bubble Games to Monitor:
                                Syracuse vs Virginia: This would give the 'Cuse a marquee win.
                                Seton Hall vs St. Johns: Two teams going in opposite directions. A St. John win could get them super close to the line.
                                Nevada vs Boise State: Gives us another one Grant!
                                South Carolina vs Ole Miss: Rebs
                                Duke vs Florida State: Lets not let this Duke hype gain steam..
                                Fresno State vs Colorado St: Dawgs

Adding some games that Taylor mentioned in his article today (I didn't think to start looking at games that could affect our seeding. I really would like our path as an 11 seed and not 10 seed)

Michigan State vs Maryland
                                Miami
                                vs Georgia Tech
                                Oregon State vs UCLA
                                UVA beats Syracuse on a last second shot
                                Maryland beats Michigan St
                                Duke has to forfeit due to Covid

Comment

Working...
                                X