Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mizzou wins on the road at Florida!

Comment

• Interesting metric that most likely is meaning less.

The AAC's average non-con SOS vs D1 teams is 167.4 (UCF has the #3 toughest non-con SOS and WSU is #19 and Houston is #99)). The AAC is 36-13 (73.5% winning percentage) in non-con games vs D1 opponents.

The MVC's average non-con SOS vs D1 teams is 185.4 (Loyola is #222 in non-con SOS and Drake is #307)/ The MVC is 28-24 (53.85% winning percentage) in non-con games vs D1 opponents.

Data taken from WarrenNolan.com. Not sure why that caught my eye but it did.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
        Mizzou wins on the road at Florida!
        I think this good for the Shocks but I am not sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Interesting metric that most likely is meaning less.

The AAC's average non-con SOS vs D1 teams is 167.4 (UCF has the #3 toughest non-con SOS and WSU is #19 and Houston is #99)). The AAC is 36-13 (73.5% winning percentage) in non-con games vs D1 opponents.

The MVC's average non-con SOS vs D1 teams is 185.4 (Loyola is #222 in non-con SOS and Drake is #307)/ The MVC is 28-24 (53.85% winning percentage) in non-con games vs D1 opponents.

Data taken from WarrenNolan.com. Not sure why that caught my eye but it did.
          It sure seems like it is "meaning less" these days. The non-conferene W/L column used to carry a tremendous weight in the criteria for the selection committee. Wichita St. in FIRST place in the #7 conference in America with a non-conference SOS of #19 puts Wichita St. in the tournament EVERY freaking year!!!

Now with this slanted NET to favor umm-hmm the silver spoons...the goalposts has once again moved.

So I don't know...I mean if it's all about the NET now should we expect Kentucky with their yesterday's 8-14 record and a #65 NET ranking be talked about being in the 1st Four In category????

Ya know....I'm going mad...

download (1).jpeg
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Richmond loses to Duquesne in the QF of A10 tourney. *pop

Comment

• Bubble Games

Michigan St at Michigan- Need a Michigan win
              Arizona St at Colorado- don't know if Colorado is really on the bubble, but ASU win might help
              Wyoming at Utah St- Need a Wyoming win

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                Richmond loses to Duquesne in the QF of A10 tourney. *pop
                Is that a good thing for us or does it mean that A10 AQ is going to steal an at large bid now? I don’t know what the at large picture for that league looks like.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Is that a good thing for us or does it mean that A10 AQ is going to steal an at large bid now? I don’t know what the at large picture for that league looks like.
                  It's good...although Richmond isn't that high up in terms of at-large hopes right now. Their ship was taking on water and it has been sunk.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                    Bubble Games

Michigan St at Michigan- Need a Michigan win
                    Arizona St at Colorado- don't know if Colorado is really on the bubble, but ASU win might help
                    Wyoming at Utah St- Need a Wyoming win
                    Interesting setup with the MWC. SDSt, CO St, and Utah St are 14-3 / 14-3 / 13-4 (all with 17 conference games up to today) with Boise St 14-6 (20 games and lost their last 3). Utah St plays tonight and also at Fresno the 6th for 19 conference games, CO St plays tomorrow night and will end with 18 games, but SDS does not play again.

Comment

• I see Lunardi propping UCONN... this is not a bracketolgy question but a team question... did they magically get good since leaving the American? I’m kind of stunned

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                        I see Lunardi propping UCONN... this is not a bracketolgy question but a team question... did they magically get good since leaving the American? I’m kind of stunned
                        Big Least is overrated.

Comment

• The secret recipe isn’t to be better, just be in a better conference

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

A10 has 3 teams right on the bubble. Bonny, St. Louis, and VCU. Ideally a couple of those teams lose early. I don’t think any of them are locks but the best resume might be Bonny, so I guess root for them.

Comment

• Whatttttttttt? The mighty Jayhawks are down 14 at half to UTEP? At home? No frickin way. Can't be.

Comment

• KU is lucky they got Baylor when they did.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X