2020-21 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I do not see this offensive one single bit.
    I am a free speech guy and think people are way oversensitive on this stuff. I can see where he feels the need to apologize, but after that it should be done. It is a common saying. Obviously there are racial undertones to it from back when none of us were alive. It doesn't make him a racist or anything of the sort. Everyone should accept the apology and move on.

If we all want to live in a non racist society, we all need to stop looking so hard to see it and find it everywhere.

This guy has done more good for kids of all races than most of us will ever do. (Even grown men...Gibbs).
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

I am a free speech guy and think people are way oversensitive on this stuff. I can see where he feels the need to apologize, but after that it should be done. It is a common saying. Obviously there are racial undertones to it from back when none of us were alive. It doesn't make him a racist or anything of the sort. Everyone should accept the apology and move on.

If we all want to live in a non racist society, we all need to stop looking so hard to see it and find it everywhere.

This guy has done more good for kids of all races than most of us will ever do. (Even grown men...Gibbs).
      Wonderful.

If only more people possessed this level of intelligence and common sense.

Comment

• Bubble Games to watch tonight:
        Clemson vs Syracuse - Root for Clemson
        Uconn vs Seton Hall - both on the bubble, Uconn more secure so root for Uconn
        SIU Edwardsville vs Belmont - Root for SIU-E

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

It's a weird analogy, but certainly not racist.

For as much as he's maligned on this board simply because he's the CU coach (and hey, that's great with me), McDermott is a good dude. This crap is ridiculous.
          Put me in the category as maligning him just because he’s Creighton’s head coach and Creighton’s attitudes towards Wichita, but do you really know he’s a good dude? Maybe and maybe not.

Comment

• The Creighton situation shouldn’t be a cancel but if liberals are going to cancel, I can’t see a better place for it except for maybe the N. E. Hawks.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Wonderful.

If only more people possessed this level of intelligence and common sense.
              Thank you...exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Bubble Games to watch tonight:
                Sorry, but can't find it in myself to root for UConn.

Comment

• It's predictable that Shockernet see's nothing wrong with Creighton's coaches comments considering the demographic of Shocker fans. Red state KS, mostly middle age and older white males. It's interesting how right wing politics keep popping up on Shocker Basketball Forum. I think it was a stupid racist comment. Does that mean the coach is racist? No it doesn't, but of all of the analogies to inspire a team to stick together why would you choose that?

Comment

• Originally posted by gmoney View Post
                    It's predictable that Shockernet see's nothing wrong with Creighton's coaches comments considering the demographic of Shocker fans. Red state KS, mostly middle age and older white males. It's interesting how right wing politics keep popping up on Shocker Basketball Forum. I think it was a stupid racist comment. Does that mean the coach is racist? No it doesn't, but of all of the analogies to inspire a team to stick together why would you choose that?
                    Did you just assume my gender?

Sexist pig.
                    The Assman

Comment

It's predictable that Shockernet see's nothing wrong with Creighton's coaches comments considering the demographic of Shocker fans. Red state KS, mostly middle age and older white males. It's interesting how right wing politics keep popping up on Shocker Basketball Forum. I think it was a stupid racist comment. Does that mean the coach is racist? No it doesn't, but of all of the analogies to inspire a team to stick together why would you choose that?
                      Yet here you are popping up politics on the Shocker Basketball Forum.

Comment

What up G? Don't be offended, but is this attitude one that will engender unity? Seriously.

You can't imagine that a white middle-age Kansan might dislike your attitude, and maybe even you, because they think it's totally wrong?

Comment

Dripping with irony...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Bubble Games to watch tonight:
                            Stanford @ USC: A win for Stanford gets them back closer to IN. USC
                            New Mexico @ Colorado State: New Mexico
                            Biggest Bubble Game of the night........... : WSU @ Tulane. GO SHOX!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              This is so clearly a malapropism it's ridiculous. He was trying to say that his team needs to not go off the "reservation". That is such a well known metaphor there is even a wikipedia page for it: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/go_off_the_reservation
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

No it doesn't, but of all of the analogies to inspire a team to stick together why would you choose that?
                                Malapropisms aren't intentional.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X