X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gee, officer Krutwig.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
      Drake with a one point win. Critical illegal screen call wiped a three point basket inside 1 minute. Krutwig from Loyola called for the foul.
      Drake looks totally different without the big guy. Both thosec teams would be middle of the pack in the AAC or BE. They might be upper tier of the PAC. Neither is anywhere near Wichita State or Creighton.

On another note, Nebraska won their first conference game today, minus Teddy Buckets.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Drake looks totally different without the big guy. Both thosec teams would be middle of the pack in the AAC or BE. They might be upper tier of the PAC. Neither is anywhere near Wichita State or Creighton.

On another note, Nebraska won their first conference game today, minus Teddy Buckets.
        How long is TB gone for?

Comment

Teddy Buckets played today ... Actually think he scored the go ahead points.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            Gee, officer Krutwig.
            Mo Udeze would tear up Comrade Krutwig.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Teddy Buckets played today ... Actually think he scored the go ahead points.
              R U sure? Didnt watch the gsme but he was just suspended I think yesterday.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

R U sure? Didnt watch the gsme but he was just suspended I think yesterday.
                Official stats say he scored 14 points

Comment

• Yep he played. Nice discipline on the suspension Nubs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Official stats say he scored 14 points
                    He must have produced the fastest, most humble, most impassioned mea culpa in the history of fast, humble, impassioned mea culpas.

Dude can score, but the few games I've watched, he's a ball hog, poor choice shooting machine that is only so-so defensively. I'd take him long before I'd take The Process, though. I really don't think the kid would have meshed in FHCGM's system.

Comment

... I really don't think the kid would have meshed in FHCGM's system.
                      You mean "don't assault your girlfriend after failing three drug tests"?

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• It’s funny reading posters dismiss teams like Loyola and talk down about them as if we weren’t in the exact same spot 4-5 years ago.

They would be favored on a neutral court against us by 7-8 points. They have a handful of tall, athletic wings who can all guard 1-4 and play suffocating defense.

Do I think they’re the 10th best team in the country? Probably not, but they’re close and they’re damn good. And I think they would likely beat us.

They'll run into the same crap we did in 15-17 and end up as a 6-7 seed that no 2-3 seed wants to see on their side of the bracket.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                          It’s funny reading posters dismiss teams like Loyola and talk down about them as if we weren’t in the exact same spot 4-5 years ago.

They would be favored on a neutral court against us by 7-8 points. They have a handful of tall, athletic wings who can all guard 1-4 and play suffocating defense.

Do I think they’re the 10th best team in the country? Probably not, but they’re close and they’re damn good. And I think they would likely beat us.

They'll run into the same crap we did in 15-17 and end up as a 6-7 seed that no 2-3 seed wants to see on their side of the bracket.
                          Moser is a good coach. Even though we beat them, I always felt like his teams extended us because of him.

Comment

It’s funny reading posters dismiss teams like Loyola and talk down about them as if we weren’t in the exact same spot 4-5 years ago.

I remember well when when opposing players, some coaches, most all announcers, every prognosticator, ChickenHawk co-workers, J. Bilas, Dickie V., The Drive, Shockernetters, et al., used to bag on the Shockers back in the day when they was traveling those long cold Valley roads. "Yeah, but we just don't know how good they really are..."

This Rambler team might be as good as the team that ran the **** outta' the kittens vaunted Defense (got em dizzy from running in circles) in the elite 8 a few years ago. Or, they might be better. Hell of a win for Drake, who was playing without their best player, yet still played smart, hard, basketball.
                            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 15, 2021, 12:40 AM.

Comment

We generally played a good to tough non-con. I don't believe Loyola or Drake has done that this year, yet both teams have been ranked and are shown in the brackets.

Might I have their non-con wrong? I don't think so. Neither have had as good of win as @ Ole Miss. Our 3 point loss at home to OSU may have even been a better showing (I know, a loss is a loss).

Tougher conference....nope. Yet, the MVC has 2 teams in right now. AAC has 1 by good old Joe. Heck, he has the MWC with 4, WAC with 2, and A-10 with 2.

Right now, I don't see the disrespect of the Valley, Drake, or Loyola. Wonder how the AAC and the MVC compares?

Maybe we'd lose to both of them, but by their schedules, that pretty tough to back up.

Comment

• I think comparing Loyola’s program to ours is laughable. They have not sustained it like we did after our final four. Never mind the fact that they play in a high school gym and are an afterthought in the Chicago market.

They didn’t look so hot today, putting up 50 points in 45 minutes. Who have they beaten that proves they’re worth a damn? Drake? lol
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X