No announcement yet.

2020-21 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here are the teams that are without justification arbitrarily placed in the top 25 each year.. Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, Michigan State, and the chickenhawks. They then play each other in the so-called champion classic. What a fraud. But hey Clark Kellogg said on CBS this past weekend that he expects Duke, Michigan State and the chicken hawks to keep 5heir records alive and be in the tournament. No wonder other teams can not get a fair shake.

Comment

• Watching the San Diego State / San Jose State game and I had no idea Jean Prioleau was the head coach at SJSU. Good for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
        Don't forget, per the brilliant color commentator yesterday - “KU looks great until you actually watch them.” What a gem that was and pretty much sums up the AP/Coaches polls most years.

Why is team “X” ranked? They have 9 losses. Well, they were arbitrarily placed in the top 25 to start the season. They only played other teams who were also arbitrarily ranked to start the season in their non-conference. Then by the time they started losing in conference it had to be because the 10th place team was so dang good!
        KU upsets OSU tonight. Last time OSU was ranked and Kansas unranked in a game was when Bill Self was a starting guard for OSU. But like you say, KU looks better on paper this year and the assumption is that because they are Kansas they have to be good....until you see them in action making dumb plays.

Comment

• Welp, Teddy almost made it through a season without a disciplinary problem.

​​​​​​https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/men...d57faad02.html
          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
            Welp, Teddy almost made it through a season without a disciplinary problem.

​​​​​​https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/men...d57faad02.html
            My shocked face...looks like its back to Teddy "no" buckets.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

KU upsets OSU tonight. Last time OSU was ranked and Kansas unranked in a game was when Bill Self was a starting guard for OSU. But like you say, KU looks better on paper this year and the assumption is that because they are Kansas they have to be good....until you see them in action making dumb plays.
              KU beating OSU at home is not an upset.

In the handful of KU games I’ve tuned into they look fine to me. A borderline top 25 team which is pretty good. I wish WSU rebounded as well as they do even if they’re not elite statistically speaking.
              Last edited by pie n eye; February 9, 2021, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                Here are the teams that are without justification arbitrarily placed in the top 25 each year.. Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, Michigan State, and the chickenhawks. They then play each other in the so-called champion classic. What a fraud. But hey Clark Kellogg said on CBS this past weekend that he expects Duke, Michigan State and the chicken hawks to keep 5heir records alive and be in the tournament. No wonder other teams can not get a fair shake.
                Without justification? You mean the teams who won 5 of the last 10 titles and are typically annually favorites entering the tourney?

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Without justification? You mean the teams who won 5 of the last 10 titles and are typically annually favorites entering the tourney?
                  Correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Correct.
                    I'M GOING TO GET POPCORN.....

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

I'M GOING TO GET POPCORN.....
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

So teams should get rewarded in 2021 for what they did in 2015, 16, 17, 18, etc.? I thought that each year was a new one and every team had a chance with a blind resume. I expect those comments from blue blood lovers like Jeff *******, Jay Bilas, Bob Lutz, and Thurston Howell III, but not from Kal Varneson, and Horn28Clem here in the midwest. Have you no compass?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

So teams should get rewarded in 2021 for what they did in 2015, 16, 17, 18, etc.? I thought that each year was a new one and every team had a chance with a blind resume. I expect those comments from blue blood lovers like Jeff *******, Jay Bilas, Bob Lutz, and Thurston Howell III, but not from Kal Varneson, and Horn28Clem here in the midwest. Have you no compass?
                          Outstanding !!!!! A man that understands. For example because Kentucky won a championship in 2012 with a different team of players means that they should be ranked in the top 25 in 2020. Or the same with Duke who won in 2015. This is just bullsht. Some people can not see this preferential treatment for blue bloods, but a lot of people recognize it for what it is. Go Shocks.

Comment

• They should just not put out a top 25 ranking until after non conference.

Comment

• Absolutely I do. You think a team that is a constant contender with a top 10 recruiting class yearly isn't going to be ranked higher then a mid major team? And do I think when it comes to selection Sunday should it be taken into consideration when the resumes are comparable? Absolutely.

Comment

Absolutely I do. You think a team that is a constant contender with a top 10 recruiting class yearly isn't going to be ranked higher then a mid major team? And do I think when it comes to selection Sunday should it be taken into consideration when the resumes are comparable? Absolutely.
                                LMAO. Thank you for confirming that you are high on something. Other bluebloods suck ups want a hit too.

Duke pre season ranked in top 15 and are now 7-7. Meow Coach K wants to cancel the season. What a pu$$y
                                Michigan State preseason ranked top 20 now 9-7 next to last in conference. C Kellogg says they tournament worthy.
                                Kentucky presason top 10 now 5-12. Put them in the tournament because of their recruiting class.
                                North Carolina 14-19 last year but presason ranked top 20. Based on what? But hey they are 12-6 now and unranked

I know. blah blah blah next you are going to tell me Windmills cause cancer.

Comment

Working...
                                X