No announcement yet.

2020-21 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come no talk about the Drake sweeping the Moonshiners? Springpatch wondering why their top 5 recruiting class ain't running away with the Valley.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      How come no talk about the Drake sweeping the Moonshiners? Springpatch wondering why their top 5 recruiting class ain't running away with the Valley.
      I have tried to watch several MVC games on ESPN plus but they have been blacked out in Topeka. Drake may be real but beating the bears twice doesn’t prove much.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

I have tried to watch several MVC games on ESPN plus but they have been blacked out in Topeka. Drake may be real but beating the bears twice doesn’t prove much.
        Don't kill the buzz.

Also, I got the espn+! Well, my son got it last week to watch some MMA event, but it all works out for me!
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I think a bigger story might be how wretchedly bad KSU is... I think Baylor players were trying not to laugh at them....KSU finish dead last in the valley and it would not be close...

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
            I think a bigger story might be how wretchedly bad KSU is... I think Baylor players were trying not to laugh at them....KSU finish dead last in the valley and it would not be close...
            I think you are over estimating some of the bottom feeders.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
              I think a bigger story might be how wretchedly bad KSU is... I think Baylor players were trying not to laugh at them....KSU finish dead last in the valley and it would not be close...
              I think you are forgetting about Illinois State, Evansville and Valparaiso. The Cats would beat them like a mule.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

I think you are forgetting about Illinois State, Evansville and Valparaiso. The Cats would beat them like a mule.
                More like a rented mule...
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• WTF is happening in Lawrence? Jayhawks down to TCU 19-18 at the half.
                  #bluebloods

Comment

• I’m hopeful they lose their fourth in a row so they can move down only one spot

Comment

• Michigan State catching "jayhawk" disease. Lose to Rutgers 67-37. Looked like they were only missing one of their regulars (plays 18 mpg).

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        How come no talk about the Drake sweeping the Moonshiners? Springpatch wondering why their top 5 recruiting class ain't running away with the Valley.
                        That 42-20 2nd half the Geese put on the Bares was impressive. Especially after being down 15 at the half. I suppose Loyola could get them, but otherwise they are going to have a gaudy record come March.

Comment

• Watched much of NMSU @ GCU tonight. Mitgaard isn't an All American, but if you don't scheme him he'll beat you to death, especially "at that level". GCU led pretty much the entire way and handed CJ his first WAC defeat. Midtgaard didn't miss a shot, 12 and 9 I think. NMSU did everything to shut him down, but probably payed too much attention to him.

I wish the kid was still here, but you know what? GCU is a unique place, and AM seemed to be having the time of his life, and you just can't not be happy for anyone like that. Well done Asbjorn.

At this point in the season, he's certainly All Conference and probably leader for POY in the WAC. Same two go at it again tomorrow, same Lope time, same Lope channel.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Watched much of NMSU @ GCU tonight. Mitgaard isn't an All American, but if you don't scheme him he'll beat you to death, especially "at that level". GCU led pretty much the entire way and handed CJ his first WAC defeat. Midtgaard didn't miss a shot, 12 and 9 I think. NMSU did everything to shut him down, but probably payed too much attention to him.

I wish the kid was still here, but you know what? GCU is a unique place, and AM seemed to be having the time of his life, and you just can't not be happy for anyone like that. Well done Asbjorn.

At this point in the season, he's certainly All Conference and probably leader for POY in the WAC. Same two go at it again tomorrow, same Lope time, same Lope channel.
                            Watched much of that game as well. He was always the kid I wanted to see more of when he was here. Now that he’s getting more playing time, he’s putting it together. I realize the “competition” issue, but....who knows how he’d do here this year. And, you’re right - he looks like he’s having a blast. Teammates love and respect him, and in last night’s game - second half, following a time-out, they had a set play for him where he handled a very tough pass for a lay-up. GCU isn’t bad, got a number of talented transfers who can play. 2nd 7-footer who can handle the ball, and I believe leads the conference in 3-pt percentage. Good for Asbjorn.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post

Watched much of that game as well. He was always the kid I wanted to see more of when he was here. Now that he’s getting more playing time, he’s putting it together. I realize the “competition” issue, but....who knows how he’d do here this year. And, you’re right - he looks like he’s having a blast. Teammates love and respect him, and in last night’s game - second half, following a time-out, they had a set play for him where he handled a very tough pass for a lay-up. GCU isn’t bad, got a number of talented transfers who can play. 2nd 7-footer who can handle the ball, and I believe leads the conference in 3-pt percentage. Good for Asbjorn.
                              I'm not disagreeing with the "competition" issue as a whole, but in GCU's 3 losses, probably the best teams they've faced (Colorado, AZ St, and San Fran U), he excelled:

95 minutes (31.7mpg) / 23-28 FG (.821) / 28 rebounds (9.3 rpg) / 48 points (16 ppg).

Comment

• I'm sure you all remember me always defending his play on BOTH ends of the court and was always posting
                                that he deserved more PT. He was not the problem it was the rest of the team who just wouldn't get him the
                                ball and/or 3G who didn't demand it. I think now AM leads the country (D1) in FG% and around ten boards a
                                game also. He always had the ability but little emphasis from 3G and teammates to get him the ball. I was
                                probably the most disappointed fan here when he transferred but happy that he seems happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X