2020-21 AAC games/discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yes they can. Every conference has the ability to choose who gets the AQ. Most just want to hold the tourney .. its a $$$ thing.

The NCAA sent out guidance that they just needed to know by Feb 26th this year.
    That would be a dumb move by the AAC or any conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

That would be a dumb move by the AAC or any conference.
      Agreed. Its a Catch 22. The conferences that would really benefit are the one bid leagues that end up sending someone that got hot for a game rather than their best team. They also are the ones that need the extra revenue the most.

Comment

• I think there was also the risk that Houston won the league outright. If that happened, WSU and Memphis would know they had to win the tournament.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Name the regular season champ the auto bid and there's no reason for other teams to even go to the conference tournament. What the hell would they be playing for? Why the hell would fans make the trip if there's no light at the end of that tunnel? Why would ESPN want to broadcast games that mean absolutely nothing?

Why would the AAC have made that decision while Houston was in 1st place? Using your logic, at the time that decision had to be made, it would have been a dumbass call by the conference.
          OK. You convinced me.

Comment

• USF losing Collins as a grad transfer.

Comment

USF losing Collins as a grad transfer.
              Hate to see that.

Comment

• It's apparently Portal day. Elijah Joiner from Tulsa is in the portal.

Comment

It's apparently Portal day. Elijah Joiner from Tulsa is in the portal.
                  Yeah this list is about to explode now that seasons are done, coaches being fired, coaches leaving for better gigs....etc.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Guess that opens a spot for Chapman. This is, if he actually ends up there.

Comment

USF losing Collins as a grad transfer.
                      Ouch! That is going to hurt USF and the AAC if he goes to a different conference, which is likely.

Comment

• Gary Parish so salty about us winning the regular season championship. Listening to the podcast and just can’t accept the fact we won.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                          Gary Parish so salty about us winning the regular season championship. Listening to the podcast and just can’t accept the fact we won.
                          Parish is a Memphis homer. His guy Penny had every opportunity to prevent it. All he had to do is play the game in Wichita and beat us, but he chose not to. He should just shut up. We are the AAC champions.
                          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Gary Parish so salty about us winning the regular season championship. Listening to the podcast and just can’t accept the fact we won.
                            I usually like him but he can’t ever be taken seriously at a national level because of his Memphis fandom.

Enjoy the NIT, Gar.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Showing my age on this one....WEIRD SCIENCE, 1985....."Gary? Who's Gary?"

Comment

Normally Parish has been pretty pro-WSU .. but I guess the memphis fandom is blinding him. Memphis media in general is horrible. They have no problem going on slander campaigns with half facts anytime Memphis is slighted.

Comment

Working...
                                X