No announcement yet.

2020-21 AAC games/discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memphis is BAD - in the good way. If they get in the tourney, no one is going to want to be on their side of the bracket. That swarming D with traps any time a perimeter player dribbles toward a sideline can be deadly unless a team has practiced against it. Memphis is quick enough to recover if a ball handler breaks down the trap. They're not at all like what they were at the beginning of the season.

The Houston/Memphis game IN HOUSTON was war and it was a well-played game. Houston is a legitimate top-20 team and Memphis is right there with them in their ability to win a game.

There 's a decent chance that Memphis gets the AQ by beating the Shox in the finals of the conference tourney.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      I have never seen a program where the coaches and players consistently argue and b**** about officiating like Memphis does.
      Don't forget their fanbase. The worst of the worst.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• So glad Penny and the P***ies ate it at the buzzer like that. I hope that sinks their hearts and they get chumped in their first game in Fort Worth.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Memphis is BAD - in the good way. If they get in the tourney, no one is going to want to be on their side of the bracket. That swarming D with traps any time a perimeter player dribbles toward a sideline can be deadly unless a team has practiced against it. Memphis is quick enough to recover if a ball handler breaks down the trap. They're not at all like what they were at the beginning of the season.

The Houston/Memphis game IN HOUSTON was war and it was a well-played game. Houston is a legitimate top-20 team and Memphis is right there with them in their ability to win a game.

There 's a decent chance that Memphis gets the AQ by beating the Shox in the finals of the conference tourney.
          I'd say there's more than a decent chance they get the AQ if they beat us in the finals. Maybe as high as 100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I'd say there's more than a decent chance they get the AQ if they beat us in the finals. Maybe as high as 100%.
            Sorry if I missed it, but did the AAC announce that the winner of the tournament gets the AQ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Sorry if I missed it, but did the AAC announce that the winner of the tournament gets the AQ?
              Yes.

Comment

• The best chance for the AAC to get 3 teams dancing is for us the play Memphis for the championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Yes.

So, they went with hoping Houston gets upset in the tourney to be able to assure 2 teams. Guess I question the logic at the time the decision needed to be made. Houston was in, lose the regular season, lose in the conference tourney. Best avenue to get not only 2, but possibly 3 in, IMHO, was to have the regular season title winner the AQ. Thanks for the vote of confidence AAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                    The best chance for the AAC to get 3 teams dancing is for us the play Memphis for the championship.
                    Also the best way to only get 1.

Comment

Also the best way to only get 1.
                      If we play Memphis in the championship I bet you 10k that the American gets at least two teams in the NCAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

If we play Memphis in the championship I bet you 10k that the American gets at least two teams in the NCAA.

One can play war games, but I think the best odds for 2 or 3 was to name the regular season champion. We've won 7 in a row already. We will need to make that 9 to assure a spot. Memphis may have already had their best chance to beat Houston. Houston didn't get the season title. They will badly want the tournament title.

Comment

One can play war games, but I think the best odds for 2 or 3 was to name the regular season champion. We've won 7 in a row already. We will need to make that 9 to assure a spot. Memphis may have already had their best chance to beat Houston. Houston didn't get the season title. They will badly want the tournament title.
                          I only meant that if specific scenario mentioned occurred - WSU vs Memphis in the final - that the AAC would definitely get two bids because Houston is in regardless and whoever won the champ game would also be in.

I’m with you on whether or not that scenario plays out. There are no guarantees because I don’t think Temple and SMU are guaranteed wins by any means. We should beat them if we’re locked in but Temple seems to always play us close so who knows. SMU is a wild card. We know they’re a good team but they haven’t played in over a month.

Memphis vs Houston rematch might be the game of the tourney. I don’t think the close matchup was a fluke, Memphis is a good team capable of beating Houston.

Comment

Name the regular season champ the auto bid and there's no reason for other teams to even go to the conference tournament. What the hell would they be playing for? Why the hell would fans make the trip if there's no light at the end of that tunnel? Why would ESPN want to broadcast games that mean absolutely nothing?

Why would the AAC have made that decision while Houston was in 1st place? Using your logic, at the time that decision had to be made, it would have been a dumbass call by the conference.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I don't think the conference could even do that?? Lol. They can't just arbitrarily decide that the regular season champ is the AQ. I guess unless they decide to cancel the tourney. Asinine thing to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                I don't think the conference could even do that?? Lol. They can't just arbitrarily decide that the regular season champ is the AQ. I guess unless they decide to cancel the tourney. Asinine thing to do.
                                Yes they can. Every conference has the ability to choose who gets the AQ. Most just want to hold the tourney .. its a $$$ thing.

The NCAA sent out guidance that they just needed to know by Feb 26th this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X