2020-21 AAC games/discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Pie you really crack me up. LMAO. Why does it feel like the color commentators are Big 10 homers? Because they are. !!!!!!
    Obviously the three I listed are because they played or coached at Big 10 schools. Mark Adams is one example of a non-B10 hack. Just seems odd that they assigned three of them to the American. Do they work any other conferences?

Comment

• So Houston probably won 1 game by more points than we've won combined in league play!

Comment

• Sampson apparently hinted that they will be playing Cincy now. So good chance they will be giving Houston enough games to tie our win percentage even though they have more losses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          Sampson apparently hinted that they will be playing Cincy now. So good chance they will be giving Houston enough games to tie our win percentage even though they have more losses.
          Is Temple definitely off for next weekend?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Is Temple definitely off for next weekend?
            Not officially. Gotta hope that it comes through

Comment

Not officially. Gotta hope that it comes through
              Just noticed Tulsa is playing northeastern state on Thursday.

Comment

Sampson apparently hinted that they will be playing Cincy now. So good chance they will be giving Houston enough games to tie our win percentage even though they have more losses.
                This whole thing stinks to high heaven. We've had 6 games ppd, Houston 4 ppd. They could end up making up 1 or 2 of them. Meanwhile, we will have gone with 12 days off between games, probably rusty, and may get 1 of our 2 remaining games cancelled. Houston could end up with 17-18 conference games and we end up with 12-13. I call some serious BS on the AAC really trying to get our games rescheduled. I might be off a game somewhere, but right now, I hope we win our remaining game 1 or 2 games, while Houston loses to Memphis. Please correct me if I missed something.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

This whole thing stinks to high heaven. We've had 6 games ppd, Houston 4 ppd. They could end up making up 1 or 2 of them. Meanwhile, we will have gone with 12 days off between games, probably rusty, and may get 1 of our 2 remaining games cancelled. Houston could end up with 17-18 conference games and we end up with 12-13. I call some serious BS on the AAC really trying to get our games rescheduled. I might be off a game somewhere, but right now, I hope we win our remaining game 1 or 2 games, while Houston loses to Memphis. Please correct me if I missed something.
                  Wasn't it said that it is up to the "individual schools" to get the rescheduling done? The AAC only announces the rescheduling. Or was I dreaming? But if true this might not be on the AAC.

Comment

• Crunching the numbers, if we only play, and win, one more game, our win percentage would be 83.33%. That's with a final record of 10-2. If Houston is able to schedule Cincinnati this week, they would have 2 more games. If they win both of those, they also end up with 83.33% and a 15-3 record. I smell a major screw job coming! We need games!

Does anyone know how the tie breakers work in the American?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Wasn't it said that it is up to the "individual schools" to get the rescheduling done? The AAC only announces the rescheduling. Or was I dreaming? But if true this might not be on the AAC.
                      Are you saying Boatright strikes again? Or if a school just doesn't want to fit you in, tough sh*t?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                        Crunching the numbers, if we only play, and win, one more game, our win percentage would be 83.33%. That's with a final record of 10-2. If Houston is able to schedule Cincinnati this week, they would have 2 more games. If they win both of those, they also end up with 83.33% and a 15-3 record. I smell a major screw job coming! We need games!

Does anyone know how the tie breakers work in the American?
                        First is head to head

Second goes down the standings and comparable records. Memphis likely becomes the tie breaker in which case they would win. They would have beat Memphis once and we lost.

That said, apparently Sampson walked back his statement and said he doesn't expect any changes to their schedule. So a Tulane win should lock it in if the Temple game gets cancelled

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I think it's a little of both. I believe the AAC takes the lead in rescheduling but a school does not have to accept the adjustments. Penny turned down playing us here because it would have been too many road games in a row for them.

Comment

• The only rational I can think of is that if we win the regular season, we're the auto-qualifier. Houston is a shoe-in. They don't need to win either the regular season or AAC tournament.

If Houston wins the regular season, they name the tourney winner the auto-bid hoping to get a third team in. They have until before the AAC tourney starts don't they?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                              The only rational I can think of is that if we win the regular season, we're the auto-qualifier. Houston is a shoe-in. They don't need to win either the regular season or AAC tournament.

If Houston wins the regular season, they name the tourney winner the auto-bid hoping to get a third team in. They have until before the AAC tourney starts don't they?
                              They had to notify the NCAA of any changes to who gets the auto bid by Feb 26. So unless they did and didn't announce it ... I'd assume that's not the plan

Comment

They had to notify the NCAA of any changes to who gets the auto bid by Feb 26. So unless they did and didn't announce it ... I'd assume that's not the plan
                                As much as I would selfishly like for us to be the autobid out of the conference championship, that just wouldn't be right for all the other teams. Gone would be the ability for ECU to make a magical run, win the American tourny and punch their ticket to the dance. Wouldn't be cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X