Isaac Brown Named Interim Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Eric Brown is the new Interim Head Coach of the Wichita State Shockers (done deal).
    Is he related to Isaac?
    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Is he related to Isaac?
      Probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We can do WAY worse than getting Penny level results IMO
        Coach Penny is the definition of squandered talent.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Coach Penny is the definition of squandered talent.
          That has performed at a similar level to our coached up talent the last 2 years. Including winning 3 of 4.

Comment

Eric Brown is the new Interim Head Coach of the Wichita State Shockers (done deal).
            Glad you’ve decided to accept reality so quickly.

Comment

Penny is dirty. Marshall is just mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That has performed at a similar level to our coached up talent the last 2 years. Including winning 3 of 4.
                It took penny loading his roster like a video game to do it. No thanks.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Is he related to Isaac?
                  As a testament to Eric's coaching prowess, he has developed players such as Rob Baker and Malcolm Armstrong.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I'm fine with Eric hitting it out of the park as long as his locker is cleaned out by the end of the season. Nothing against the man. He's just not capable of leading a team as demonstrated by his job history. Wichita State... ain't his big break. If we were to skip out on legitimate proven head coaches at the end of the season due to some Cinderella run by Eric, it would be the biggest disaster next to firing Gregg Marshall.
                    I’m not advocating for the guy as the long term solution by any means, but it should also be pointed out that every coach works as an assistant before getting the big gig

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

As a testament to Eric's coaching prowess, he has developed players such as Rob Baker and Malcolm Armstrong.
                      That's only because he was given the tools he needed from ADCB.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

You wanna know something really funny? I thought Eric was the dude that Marshall hired recently that played PG for him at Winthrop. I obviously don't pay much attention to "the help" unless they really stand out. Good luck to Eric, but developer and head coach are two vastly different job descriptions.

Comment

Coach Brown was entering his 7th season on 3G's staff so that is ab out as much exposure and loyalty to 3G as any assistant has had. Jans 6 years before he took the BGSU job and then 2 years as a special assistant after returning from exile before taking the NMSU job. Heiar was here for 6 years before leaving for LSU. Earl Grant was with 3G for 3 years at Winthrop and 3 years at WSU.

Not sure what that means but glad Coach Brown is getting the interim head coach gig and, hopefully, a nice boost to his paycheck even though it may only be for the rest of this season. I think whoever is hired as the permanent head coach, if not Coach Brown which is probably not likely, might want to give some consideration to keeping Coach Brown around if both parties are open to that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            I think whoever is hired as the permanent head coach, if not Coach Brown which is probably not likely, might want to give some consideration to keeping Coach Brown around if both parties are open to that.
                            If Chris is hired, I think it could be very possible to keep both Isaac and Lou.

78-65

Comment

I wish Coach Brown all the best.
                              What a terrible position to be placed into.
                              I root for our players and hope they do well.

Just not sure if I am rooting for this University any more.
                              Loyalty means something to me.
                              Sad at this result and disgusted by it.

Probably will watch a couple of games, but won't be setting my calendar around it like I did for the past 50 years.

Comment

Originally posted by David Rahm View Post
                                I wish Coach Brown all the best.
                                What a terrible position to be placed into.
                                I root for our players and hope they do well.

Just not sure if I am rooting for this University any more.
                                Loyalty means something to me.
                                Sad at this result and disgusted by it.

Probably will watch a couple of games, but won't be setting my calendar around it like I did for the past 50 years.
                                Good poem.
                                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
                                X