Isaac Brown Named Interim Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

You sign the best coach you can sign and it doesn't matter when you do it. If Thad Matta shows interest you light the entire arena on fire if necessary. Eric Brown and the entire Marshall Legacy is a sunk cost at this point. We must be looking at the next 7-10 years and that requires a VERY solid hire.

Only an amateur would worry about the current recruits and what happens this year. This year is SHOT. Thad Matta could sign tomorrow and field the team with his neighborhood kids and I wouldn't care. Big picture folks.
    Except Matta has already said he's not interested...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Except Matta has already said he's not interested...
      I don’t think those were his exact words, were they?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

It was reported through a reporter as coming from him or someone close to him. More that he isn't interested in coaching this season. Maybe in the future, but he is not an option now.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          This is the correct and only move at this point. Speculation on the future will be interesting.
          Welcome back Sub!!!

Congratulations to Issac Brown. Wishing you and the Shocks success!!!
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

It was reported through a reporter as coming from him or someone close to him. More that he isn't interested in coaching this season. Maybe in the future, but he is not an option now.
            Right. It’s already a done deal that Isaac Brown will be the interim head coach this year. We aren’t hiring someone until next year so I don’t take his comment that he won’t be the coach at WSU this year as meaning he is not interested in the job at all.

Comment

The quote was he wasn't interested in taking the job THIS YEAR. Very important wording IMO.

Comment

Right. It’s already a done deal that Isaac Brown will be the interim head coach this year. We aren’t hiring someone until next year so I don’t take his comment that he won’t be the coach at WSU this year as meaning he is not interested in the job at all.
                A "done deal". Whatever does that mean sir?

As far as Wichita State Basketball goes, Coach Eric Brown should have about has much "placeholding authority" in Koch Arena as a door stop. He doesn't get a name tag on the door and he shares the phone and the crapper with the receptionist.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Romeo Crennel
                  Just give the guy a chance for crying out loud!

Comment

Who is Isaac Brown?

Yeah... umm... let's not test the fragility of the program that Marshall has built on a dude that has spent his entire coaching career rolling balls out at practice. We ain't Duke folks. We could go straight back into the shitter in a blink of the eye. Don't believe me? Ask all the big money from the 80's if they thought in a million years we wouldn't win another NCAA game for 25 years after they dumped Smithson. Stay REALLY lucid Shocker fans.

People on here thinking we've joined some sort of permanent high-major club. ROFL! That confidence you have is due to a top 15 coach spending 13 years shedding blood, sweat, and tears for us.

The Program needs to be working feverishly day and night looking for the big hire. I mean no sleep until the ship is secure again. If we just let it ride for a season with Eric Brown, we triple the probability of a deep slide backwards.

It's time for our competent and wise athletic director to work his magic... oh wait.
                    Who is Eric Brown? :)
                    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

As far as Wichita State Basketball goes, Coach Eric Brown should have about has much "placeholding authority" in Koch Arena as a door stop. He doesn't get a name tag on the door and he shares the phone and the crapper with the receptionist.
                      He said a done deal as the interim coach for this year....
                      as in, temporary

Comment

A done deal means he’s already been announced as the interim head coach for this year lol. How much more done deal do you need?

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

Just give the guy a chance for crying out loud!
                          I absolutely hope HCIB hits it out of the park. Was just giving an example of a players coach who couldn’t cut it as the head coach. In no way is a slight toward Coach Brown.

Comment

A done deal means he’s already been announced as the interim head coach for this year lol. How much more done deal do you need?
                            I'm taking that "done deal" with a grain of salt if you don't mind. I don't even like the sound of it.

Here's ADCB's statement: Wichita State games will be led this year by our competent assistant coaching staff; meahwhile, a non-stop, 24/7, worldwide coaching search is underway as we speak. We will be interviewing promising candidates momentarily. Boom!

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Who is Eric Brown? :)
                              Eric Brown is the new Interim Head Coach of the Wichita State Shockers (done deal).

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

I absolutely hope HCIB hits it out of the park. Was just giving an example of a players coach who couldn’t cut it as the head coach. In no way is a slight toward Coach Brown.
                                I'm fine with Eric hitting it out of the park as long as his locker is cleaned out by the end of the season. Nothing against the man. He's just not capable of leading a team as demonstrated by his job history. Wichita State... ain't his big break. If we were to skip out on legitimate proven head coaches at the end of the season due to some Cinderella run by Eric, it would be the biggest disaster next to firing Gregg Marshall.

Comment

Working...
                                X