No announcement yet.

Isaac Brown Named Interim Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This place is going to erupt the first time iHCIB calls a timeout to stop a run....

Comment

Really curious as to the difference in coaching styles between him and GGG. Rashard says he will let the dogs run, so there's that. But same defensive effort? Pull players after a screwup? Time outs? Practicing free throws?

Comment

I question his ability to discipline and develop player accountability. I’m sorry but the coach has to be a little bit of a horses ass. I view Asst. Coaches as the key to develop friendships.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          Really curious as to the difference in coaching styles between him and GGG. Rashard says he will let the dogs run, so there's that. But same defensive effort? Pull players after a screwup? Time outs? Practicing free throws?
          I'd (hopefully) expect the same sort of defensive effort and rebounding tenacity. IB has been around long enough to know that's our calling card and how we have to play as a team. And I don't expect a lot of systematic changes in terms of sets we run, defensive schemes, etc. What I do think will be the difference is players playing a little more freely on the offensive end. I think that was a bit of a flaw for GM - there was such an emphasis on not turning the ball over, understandably, that some guys played a little apprehensively. Now, I'm not saying go do your best Stevenson impression and chuck up 8 3's a half, but you gotta have a little bit longer of a leash to play confidently. So I expect IB to let the guys play a little more, but its going to be important to tread the fine line of playing freely and protecting the ball.

**Another thing**

I hope people exercise patience with this team. Tons of new faces, weirdest offseason ever, gonna play in weird environments, and obviously the entire GM situation and IB being a first time head coach.... With that being said, I will be inconsolable/livid/disgusted with every loss
          Last edited by shockersx; November 17, 2020, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              Dude's been a model of restraint on the sidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                Lets just wait to see if Isaac beats Creighton next week before we make hasty judgments.
                This is the key, beat sCUm prove them overrated.

Comment

I apologize for being disrespectful towards Coach Brown. I was just talking ****. He's a good dude. And he got along well with Marshall for all those years so he must be a REALLY good dude. I suspect this 1-year coaching gig couldn't go to a better person.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Is he related to Isaac?
                    I think everyone is trying to recreate a gene stephenson / gene Smithson era.

Comment

• Did someone really throw race into this like it's a big deal? Does anyone here actually care if our coach is white/black/brown/blue/green/purple, as long as they put forth a team we can be proud of and works their asses off?

Sorry, I just get sick of people not being viewed on their own merits and as the individuals they are and instead as some group that is diverse and ahs no actual relevance to the person we're discussing.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        Did someone really throw race into this like it's a big deal? Does anyone here actually care if our coach is white/black/brown/blue/green/purple, as long as they put forth a team we can be proud of and works their asses off?

Sorry, I just get sick of people not being viewed on their own merits and as the individuals they are and instead as some group that is diverse and ahs no actual relevance to the person we're discussing.
                        Sub,
                        Good to see you again.
                        Yes, some idiot named mjbaker84 posted something about it. He makes some of the most dumbass posts on here as anyone.
                        I don't give sheet what color the next HC is @ WSU. Qualified and ready to continue the tradition is all that matters.
                        Oh... and just win, baby.

That is all.
                        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Who is Eric Brown? :)
                          He is the new WSU coach when you've spent too much time with your head resting on the microwave while heating up TV dinners after your shift at RadioShack 5 days a week for the last 20 years.

Isaac Brown is the name of the dude we are going with. I mean it's not GGG, so my bloods still boiling, but I can wait until we hire good ol' Rick Pitino next year. Gotta get another boy in mafia suits in there who knows how to shave and recruit.
                          Last edited by MiloPeterjohn; November 18, 2020, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiloPeterjohn View Post

He is the new WSU coach when you've spent too much with your head resting on the microwave while heating up TV dinners after your shift at RadioShack 5 days a week for the last 20 years.

Isaac Brown is the name of the dude we are going with. I mean it's not GGG, so my bloods still boiling, but I can wait until we hire good ol' Rick Pitino next year. Gotta get another boy in mafia suits in there who knows how to shave and recruit.
                            Can’t wait til KU gets what’s coming to them. Maybe Pitino will land there.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Can’t wait til KU gets what’s coming to them. Maybe Pitino will land there.
                              I hope it happens too! I'm not sure the pansies at the NCAA will do anything about them though.

Honestly, I think Pitino could do great things here, seemed like he loved WSU when we played them. Probably won't happen, but man I'd love it! Way more inspired then a lot of options out there

Comment

• with a temporary asst coach slot opening up, now is the time to ask Ron to join the staff for a season. He could teach the guards a lot and relate to these guys on another level, plus he's looking for something to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X