Isaac Brown Named Interim Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    Excited to see what IB can do with this group to kids. Wish that he didn't have to take the reigns in such a **** storm, but lots of players get their chance to shine because of injury. This is no different.

Let's Go Shox!
    Isaac is about as best as we can hope to guide us through this year. He was likely involved in recruiting nearly every one of these players. He now has a year long Head Coach interview IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      Excited to see what IB can do with this group to kids. Wish that he didn't have to take the reigns in such a **** storm, but lots of players get their chance to shine because of injury. This is no different.

Let's Go Shox!
      Agree. I see IHCIB as a bridge to Jans -- but I hope to hell he makes it a very difficult decision.
      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

There's an AC spot now open right? Any ideas if we get someone to fill that role? Can we bring a guy like Antoine in for a year as an assistant?
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          There's an AC spot now open right? Any ideas if we get someone to fill that role? Can we bring a guy like Antoine in for a year as an assistant?
          Or Adrian?
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Or Adrian?
            I don't see Adrian leaving Toronto to become an assistant here.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I don't see Adrian leaving Toronto to become an assistant here.
              If Adrian is the way the AD wants to go then HCIW.

personally, I think he would be more penny than Kerr.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

If Adrian is the way the AD wants to go then HCIW.

personally, I think he would be more penny than Kerr.
                We can do WAY worse than getting Penny level results IMO

Comment

Is it possible he was “universally loved” because he was an assistant and that was his job, to be the players friend?

I’m not trying to imply he’s going to flip a switch and become an asshole now that he’s head coach.

It’s also possible that he’s a great coach who is more in tune with how kids nowadays want to be coached and takes the baton from Marshall and doesn’t miss a beat.
                  Last edited by pie n eye; November 17, 2020, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                    Is it possible he was “universally loved” because he was an assistant and that was his job, to be the players friend?

I’m not trying to imply he’s going to flip a switch and become and asshole now that he’s head coach.

It’s also possible that he’s a great coach who is more in tune with how kids nowadays want to be coached and takes the baton from Marshall and doesn’t miss a beat.
                    Time will tell. I hope he's successful and gets an opportunity to interview for the position at the end of the season. But I hope we're keeping all doors open when that time comes.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Guess this will test the theory of if it’s more important to have a good HC or assistants around that coach

Comment

Jans is the only one I would have confidence in.

How do all your excitement meters read now? Now that we have forced out college basketballs best coach. Foolish

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                          Jans is the only one I would have confidence in.

How do all your excitement meters read now? Now that we have forced out college basketballs best coach. Foolish
                          TBH... I'm just ready to see the black and yellow back on the court.

Comment

Seems pretty ironic they reference a 2020 Stadium article that referenced Brown as a top assistant in this press release. Read the room people.

Wichita State Director of Athletics Darron Boatright has named Isaac Brown interim head coach following the resignation of men's basketball coach Gregg Marshall.

Comment

Will be an “interesting” season in many ways. 1. HCIB 2. COVID 3. Fewer fans 4. Single site NCAA tournament

Comment

Lets just wait to see if Isaac beats Creighton next week before we make hasty judgments.

Comment

Working...
                                X