No announcement yet.

Isaac Brown Named Interim Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If ONLY we had someone in Toronto who could testify to his coaching abilities... wait...

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      This is the correct and only move at this point. Speculation on the future will be interesting.
      I agree. I hope Coach Brown does a great job but this season may not provide the kind of audition stage one would really like, assuming the season happens at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Lets just wait to see if Isaac beats Creighton next week before we make hasty judgments.
        The money says we won't lose (if you get my drift).

Comment

Am I dreaming thinking I have heard comments from Coach Marshall that he thought Coach Brown was ready to head up his own program? Of course, 3G may been thinking more in terms of a Valley or Big South kind of program than an AAC program.

Perhaps WSU and New Mexico State arrange a trade. Coach Brown to take over at NMSU and Coach Jans takes the helm at WSU?

Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 17, 2020, 02:02 PM.

Comment

This is the correct and only move at this point. Speculation on the future will be interesting.
            Hey Dude!

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
              Is it possible he was “universally loved” because he was an assistant and that was his job, to be the players friend?

I’m not trying to imply he’s going to flip a switch and become an asshole now that he’s head coach.

It’s also possible that he’s a great coach who is more in tune with how kids nowadays want to be coached and takes the baton from Marshall and doesn’t miss a beat.
              That often does not translate into long term success. There are lots of assistants, in all sports, who are universally loved by their players, who do not translate that rapport into W/L success.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post

That often does not translate into long term success. There are lots of assistants, in all sports, who are universally loved by their players, who do not translate that rapport into W/L success.
                Romeo Crennel

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Romeo Crennel
                  Ding, ding, ding!

Comment

Who is Isaac Brown?

Yeah... umm... let's not test the fragility of the program that Marshall has built on a dude that has spent his entire coaching career rolling balls out at practice. We ain't Duke folks. We could go straight back into the shitter in a blink of the eye. Don't believe me? Ask all the big money from the 80's if they thought in a million years we wouldn't win another NCAA game for 25 years after they dumped Smithson. Stay REALLY lucid Shocker fans.

People on here thinking we've joined some sort of permanent high-major club. ROFL! That confidence you have is due to a top 15 coach spending 13 years shedding blood, sweat, and tears for us.

The Program needs to be working feverishly day and night looking for the big hire. I mean no sleep until the ship is secure again. If we just let it ride for a season with Eric Brown, we triple the probability of a deep slide backwards.

It's time for our competent and wise athletic director to work his magic... oh wait.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                      Who is Isaac Brown?

Yeah... umm... let's not test the fragility of the program that Marshall has built on a dude that has spent his entire coaching career rolling balls out at practice. We ain't Duke folks. We could go straight back into the shitter in a blink of the eye. Don't believe me? Ask all the big money from the 80's if they thought in a million years we wouldn't win another NCAA game for 25 years after they dumped Smithson. Stay REALLY lucid Shocker fans.

People on here thinking we've joined some sort of permanent high-major club. ROFL! That confidence you have is due to a top 15 coach spending 13 years shedding blood, sweat, and tears for us.

The Program needs to be working feverishly day and night looking for the big hire. I mean no sleep until the ship is secure again. If we just let it ride for a season with Eric Brown, we triple the probability of a deep slide backwards.

It's time for our competent and wise athletic director to work his magic... oh wait.
                      Is WSU *really* happy with ADDB??

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                        Who is Isaac Brown?

Somewhat true. But, you have to keep some normalcy with the players on the roster. You don't want to hire someone new less than two weeks prior to the season and risk losing half of your talent. That would set back a new coach two years minimum. Also, let it play out and see what candidates will be available in the spring that aren't available now. Right now you have slim pickins for candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Somewhat true. But, you have to keep some normalcy with the players on the roster. You don't want to hire someone new less than two weeks prior to the season and risk losing half of your talent. That would set back a new coach two years minimum. Also, let it play out and see what candidates will be available in the spring that aren't available now. Right now you have slim pickins for candidates.
                          Slim is being generous. Your only real options would be someone out of work right now. And that hire would kill this season before it began.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Slim is being generous. Your only real options would be someone out of work right now. And that hire would kill this season before it began.
                            Welcome back Sub...u were missed.
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

The money says we won't lose (if you get my drift).
                              Guess I spoke too soon. I'm still a little surprised this tourney is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

You sign the best coach you can sign and it doesn't matter when you do it. If Thad Matta shows interest you light the entire arena on fire if necessary. Eric Brown and the entire Marshall Legacy is a sunk cost at this point. We must be looking at the next 7-10 years and that requires a VERY solid hire.

Only an amateur would worry about the current recruits and what happens this year. This year is SHOT. Thad Matta could sign tomorrow and field the team with his neighborhood kids and I wouldn't care. Big picture folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X