Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Depends how those first three years go.
    If we have to fire him after 2 years, the buyout is 3-3.5 million basically ... If the program is in such shambles that we are firing a coach 2 years into a contract .. I'm sure we can come up with that from donors.

Most likely we wouldn't make a move until year 4 or 5 anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If we have to fire him after 2 years, the buyout is 3-3.5 million basically ... If the program is in such shambles that we are firing a coach 2 years into a contract .. I'm sure we can come up with that from donors.

Most likely we wouldn't make a move until year 4 or 5 anyways.
      Exactly.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I posted this in a different thread a few days ago - https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...92#post1284992 - so just reposting it here given some of the recent posts wondering about the offer:

They added a bunch of records to the open records request log Saturday afternoon, including a Letter Of Intent (LOI) signed by Coach Brown on March 4, 2021, to become head coach. It mentions in the first paragraph that the LOI will be incorporated into an employment agreement at a later date. It states the term of employment will run from May 1, 2021, to April 30, 2026. Coach Brown will receive one million the first two years, 1.25 million in years three and four, and 1.5 million in year five.

The LOI doesn't include any incentive payments - that will probably show up in the formal employment agreement later on. It does have the amounts if he's fired without cause in section 13 of the LOI. How much varies depending on the year of employment - if it happens in years 1-3, he gets whatever remains on his contract still. If it happens in years 4-5, he gets half of whatever remains. Compensation is reduced if he takes another job. Section 14 covers what happens if he terminates the contract, which he can only do in years 4-5. If he quits in year 4, he owes half of his remaining pay, and if he quits in year 5, he owes 25% of his remaining pay.

The last two pages outline his duties as head coach.

Link to request and LOI - https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...og/entry/1336/
        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
          I posted this in a different thread a few days ago - https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...92#post1284992 - so just reposting it here given some of the recent posts wondering about the offer:

They added a bunch of records to the open records request log Saturday afternoon, including a Letter Of Intent (LOI) signed by Coach Brown on March 4, 2021, to become head coach. It mentions in the first paragraph that the LOI will be incorporated into an employment agreement at a later date. It states the term of employment will run from May 1, 2021, to April 30, 2026. Coach Brown will receive one million the first two years, 1.25 million in years three and four, and 1.5 million in year five.

The LOI doesn't include any incentive payments - that will probably show up in the formal employment agreement later on. It does have the amounts if he's fired without cause in section 13 of the LOI. How much varies depending on the year of employment - if it happens in years 1-3, he gets whatever remains on his contract still. If it happens in years 4-5, he gets half of whatever remains. Compensation is reduced if he takes another job. Section 14 covers what happens if he terminates the contract, which he can only do in years 4-5. If he quits in year 4, he owes half of his remaining pay, and if he quits in year 5, he owes 25% of his remaining pay.

The last two pages outline his duties as head coach.

Link to request and LOI - https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...og/entry/1336/
          So Based on that buyout (assuming incentives don't factor in)

After Year 1 - 5 Million
          After Year 2 - 4 Million
          After Year 3 - 1.375 million
          After Year 4 - 750k.

Seems like a reasonable buyout structure

Comment

• I've come to my senses after watching last night's game and now I'm fulling in the corner with the the group that that never wanted Coach Brown hired as our Head Coach, and now because of last nights game, wants to get rid of Coach Brown immediately.

After all, any decent coach worth his money, who can't shoot worth a damn, and can not make one single shot to win the game for his team, has no business whatsoever being a Div 1 Coach.

And by the way, how many shots did Coach Brown take and miss last night?

For those of you who have a problem recognizing written Sarcasm, Wikipedia defines it as, "The use of words usually used to either mock or annoy someone, or for humorous purposes. Sarcasm may employ ambivalence, although it is not necessarily ironic. Most noticeable in spoken word, sarcasm is mainly distinguished by the inflection with which it is spoken and is largely context-dependent."

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
              I've come to my senses after watching last night's game and now I'm fulling in the corner with the the group that that never wanted Coach Brown hired as our Head Coach, and now because of last nights game, wants to get rid of Coach Brown immediately.

After all, any decent coach worth his money, who can't shoot worth a damn, and can not make one single shot to win the game for his team, has no business whatsoever being a Div 1 Coach.

And by the way, how many shots did Coach Brown take and miss last night?

For those of you who have a problem recognizing written Sarcasm, Wikipedia defines it as, "The use of words usually used to either mock or annoy someone, or for humorous purposes. Sarcasm may employ ambivalence, although it is not necessarily ironic. Most noticeable in spoken word, sarcasm is mainly distinguished by the inflection with which it is spoken and is largely context-dependent."
              No, but not having a disciplined team is a direct reflection of the coaching.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                No, but not having a disciplined team is a direct reflection of the coaching.

“Attitude reflect leadership, Captain.”
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

“Attitude reflect leadership, Captain.”
                  Great movie.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                  X