Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
    My personal favorite is Beilein.

His teams at Michigan played smart and hard. Hopefully it's doable.
    I definitely wouldn't complain if we landed him.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Fred Hoiberg comes to mind. Dan Majerle at GCU. Eric Musselman. Avery Johnson has proven he can recruit and has had some success in a couple of years at Bama. Bobby Hurley at Az State. Larry Krystkowiak at Utah. Bryce Drew and Dan D'Antonio (Marshall).
      ShockingButTrue asked "Can anyone come up with a list of NBA coaches who have moved down to the D1 level with no prior experience, in any form, and had success?".

The only coaches on your list to meet that criteria are Avery Johnson and Fred Hoiberg. Johnson barely had a overall winning record at Bama, and was fired after four seasons. I do not believe Hoiberg ever coached at any level before the Iowa State job. All the other NBA coaches you list, at some point in their careers had D1 assistant coaching experience. Hoiberg did well at ISU. Musselman has been very successful. The rest have overall winning percentages in the 55 - 60 percent range, with very few NCAA Tournament appearances.
      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post

ShockingButTrue asked "Can anyone come up with a list of NBA coaches who have moved down to the D1 level with no prior experience, in any form, and had success?".

The only coaches on your list to meet that criteria are Avery Johnson and Fred Hoiberg. Johnson barely had a overall winning record at Bama, and was fired after four seasons. I do not believe Hoiberg ever coached at any level before the Iowa State job. All the other NBA coaches you list, at some point in their careers had D1 assistant coaching experience. Hoiberg did well at ISU. Musselman has been very successful. The rest have overall winning percentages in the 55 - 60 percent range, with very few NCAA Tournament appearances.
        My bad. I didn't catch the very specific and detailed qualifications set forth in the question by SBT. Sounds like a question set up so specific that nobody would meet the criteria.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

He ain’t no Bobbo.
          Three key differences - Compensation, Conference in which they coach and age. IMO no way is a coach of a successful P5 conference school interested in moving to WSU, especially when Iowa State has as rabid a fan base as the Shockers and pays their coach big bucks. Bob Richey (and a few other successful mid tier coaches like Jans) makes less than a million dollars a year, coaches at a school that seldom if ever is on television and said school lacks a large, rabid fan base. Try extracting your head from rectum defilade and objectively look at the facts facing the Shockers hiring a new HC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Three key differences - Compensation, Conference in which they coach and age. IMO no way is a coach of a successful P5 conference school interested in moving to WSU, especially when Iowa State has as rabid a fan base as the Shockers and pays their coach big bucks. Bob Richey (and a few other successful mid tier coaches like Jans) makes less than a million dollars a year, coaches at a school that seldom if ever is on television and said school lacks a large, rabid fan base. Try extracting your head from rectum defilade and objectively look at the facts facing the Shockers hiring a new HC.
            Did Golden or Boatright ever get back to you? Just wondering.

Comment

Did Golden or Boatright ever get back to you? Just wondering.
              Yes but ADDB needed a size 12 boot up his a** from Golden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Yes but ADDB needed a size 12 boot up his a** from Golden.
                You are creepy dude.

Comment

You are creepy dude.
                  What is creepy? I am a fan of Shocker Sports and willing to communicate directly with WSU Administrators responsible for said sports. Nothing about WSU Admin needs to intimidate anyone; they put their pants on just like we do "one leg at a time".

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                      Dookies are here to help ...

We’ve talked before about how puzzling it was to see Gregg Marshall really dazzle at Winthrop and never get hired by an ACC team. Marshall was at Winthrop from 1998-2007 and made the NCAA...
                      Duke is protecting their 5 Star committed recruit from decommitting.

Comment

You are creepy dude.
                        Creepy yes. Not so sure on the 2nd part

Comment

• I like the up-and-comer guy, like McMahon, or Richey (yeah I know), Moton, or the kid from Stephen F Austin

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            I like the up-and-comer guy, like McMahon, or Richey (yeah I know), Moton, or the kid from Stephen F Austin
                            If we are gonna pull from the mid major ranks, I like McMahon. He seems to get some studs to go to Murry St, which is what we need. And he is a winner.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post

Can you imagine the positive publicity if we hire him and his son backs our from DUKE for Wichita State? That alone would open plenty of eyes. Throw in his prior playing career, NBA, assistant coach, NBA ring, and i'm guessing a glowing endorsement from FVV.
                              ...or the negative publicity if the current allegations are proven true? This is my huge hangup with the guy. All other things say, "hire me!" but this climate WSU finds itself in doesn't necessarily lend itself to hiring Griffin right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post

...or the negative publicity if the current allegations are proven true? This is my huge hangup with the guy. All other things say, "hire me!" but this climate WSU finds itself in doesn't necessarily lend itself to hiring Griffin right now.
                                Yeah, this is my issue with Griffin. I did a little Googling, to see if the NBA was conducting any sort of investigation to determine whether any of it is true, and all I found was that the Raptors asked him about it, and he denied it. If he was dragging his pregnant wife across the lawn, I’d think somebody would have called the cops — her, a neighbor, a passerby. Anybody check police reports? If he was sleeping with teenage ball girls, did that get reported to the organization at the time by the girl, her parents, the wife? If he gave the wife an STD, does she have testing and treatment records to back that up? If he’s not paying alimony or child support, that is undoubtedly going to be in a court file. If the NBA’s position is, “Well, hey, we asked him about it, and he said no way,” that seems lacking in interest or diligence necessary to figure out whether the ex is telling the truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X