No announcement yet.

Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about Andy Toole from Robert Morris, just a thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock-Til-U-Drop View Post
      I'm an acquaintance of a fairly sizable booster who still happens to know Chris Jan's cell phone #. I can tell you there are no loyalty issues from Jan's perspective - Chris Jans is ABSOLUTELY interested in the job. The unfortunate part of the scenario is that same booster, who knows ADDB on a personal basis, indicated that our illustrious AD leader has hinted that Jans will not be a candidate. Hopefully the latter is a smoke screen!
      It's been hinted at multiple times by multiple posters that there is some barrier (on the Wichita side of the equation) for Jans returning to Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

It's been hinted at multiple times by multiple posters that there is some barrier (on the Wichita side of the equation) for Jans returning to Wichita.
        I agree with them. Let’s not hire a guy who patted a female in a momentary lapse of judgment, but instead let’s hire a good ol boy like Scott Thompson.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Garry Parrish said to watch for Steve Prohm (Iowa State). He has a relationship with the AD.

Comment

• With names like Steve Prohm and Danny Manning being thrown around, I continue to feel less confident in the administration to hire a good coach. I know those rumors may not be of any substance, but please god don’t F this up. There are a lot of good coaches out there that we have ties to. My only regret is that if GM was going to be asked to leave that it would’ve happened sooner so we coulda called Forbes before Wake Forest came calling.

Even if you go a different route, it’s not hard to evaluate a basketball coach’s track record of success.

Prohm or Manning would be...so underwhelming. Maybe, juuust maybe, we can work around whatever the issue with Jans is to get him here next spring. Or, hell, I wouldn’t even be upset with Adrian Griffin. He can just point to his NBA resume and the recruits will line up. Plus from an Xs and Os standpoint, I think the college game is trending more towards what the NBA is doing. Earl Grant is another dude I wouldn’t hate.

idk. If we hit on this hire, I feel 100% confident in our program’s ability to win at the highest level and regain our national relevance.

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
              How about Andy Toole from Robert Morris, just a thought.
              Too many first names going on there. And WSU can't hire someone named Toole. Might scare the snowflakes at just the sight of his name.

Comment

• What's wrong with Steve Prohm?

Comment

• Nothing is wrong with Steve Prohm except he makes $2.5 million at Iowa State. Last season was a tough one for Prohm but his HC coaching record at Murray State and Iowa State are impressive.

Comment

• Chris Jans is the obvious choice unless you are the moron that employs the title AD at Wichita State
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                      Nothing is wrong with Steve Prohm except he makes $2.5 million at Iowa State. Last season was a tough one for Prohm but his HC coaching record at Murray State and Iowa State are impressive.
                      He ain’t no Bobbo.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Dookies are here to help ...

We’ve talked before about how puzzling it was to see Gregg Marshall really dazzle at Winthrop and never get hired by an ACC team. Marshall was at Winthrop from 1998-2007 and made the NCAA...

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                          Dookies are here to help ...

We’ve talked before about how puzzling it was to see Gregg Marshall really dazzle at Winthrop and never get hired by an ACC team. Marshall was at Winthrop from 1998-2007 and made the NCAA...
                          I don't want anyone from Duke near our basketball program unless they're coming to CKA to play against us. The smug sense of superiority can get out of here.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I don't want anyone from Duke near our basketball program unless they're coming to CKA to play against us. The smug sense of superiority can get out of here.
                            Agreed. Not to mention the names they listed are all underwhelming to say the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I agree with them. Let’s not hire a guy who patted a female in a momentary lapse of judgment, but instead let’s hire a good ol boy like Scott Thompson.
                              I think it actually was a "smack", not a "pat".

I don't believe very many comments about what the AD is thinking on here. He isn't going to have a conversation with very many people (probably no one that would mention it to a person on this forum) about this subject. It's way to early to be getting any information of substance.

Comment

• My biggest fear is we hire some extremely "nice guy" to make all the people that were offended by Gregg but he barely can get to .500 every year
                                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                                X