Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by giskard View Post

Not sure how SE High fans would respond to him coming back either. Wasn't it right after he arrived at Colorado that Colorado cracked down on the SE buffalo for being too close to the Colorado buffalo?
    Who would be surprised if indeed the head coach of the Buffalo basketball team was behind this? What self-respecting ChickenHawk has ever felt any degree of affection for Wichita? It's. Not. In. Their. DNA...

WSU doesn't need anyone affiliated with ku to maintain success with the basketball program.

Comment

• I am in agreement that D Manning, et al KU tied people need not apply. I'm not saying I would rather lose without them, but 1 KU grad in our coaching history is plenty. Those were desperate times. We were lonely.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
        I am not sure why some of you all keep mentioning names of coaches or players that played for the cheating chicken hawks as possible candidates for the WSU job.
        Actually for most people in the community - the news reported he was going to be fired. So that is what they know. The population of shockernet is very small relative to the fan base (only 421 active members here).

I was asked by some (who are not shockernetters) this last sunday who I thought WSU would hire. I had to explain to them that he had not actually been fired yet. They didn't know that.

Comment

• Didn't Isaac Brown interview for some head coaching jobs the last year or two?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Who would be surprised if indeed the head coach of the Buffalo basketball team was behind this? What self-respecting ChickenHawk has ever felt any degree of affection for Wichita? It's. Not. In. Their. DNA...

WSU doesn't need anyone affiliated with ku to maintain success with the basketball program.
            I can assure you that I hate the Beakers as much as the next Shocker fan...but if you think Mark and Tad hold no affection...absolutely none whatsoever at all...for the Air Capital...well...

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              1 KU grad in our coaching history is plenty. Those were desperate times. We were lonely.
              Actually, I believe Ralph Miller was a KU grad as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Now we just sound like sluts.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Chance to double his salary with rabid fanbase. Believe me no one cares about basketball in the people's republic of boulder. I'd consider him if the time comes.
                  I got a real chuckle out of that.

As far as Boyle, I don't know is he'd be interested (or us), but he is one Beaker I actually like and his impact while here should not be undervalued.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

Now we just sound like sluts.
                    Thank you for that.

Comment

Miller built the program in the first place over a period of 13 years. He was a multi sport athlete at KU. Regarding Manning, question whether he would be a good fit for WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Miller built the program in the first place over a period of 13 years. He was a multi sport athlete at KU. Regarding Manning, question whether he would be a good fit for WSU.
                        Manning will never be a coach for WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I got a real chuckle out of that.

As far as Boyle, I don't know is he'd be interested (or us), but he is one Beaker I actually like and his impact while here should not be undervalued.
                          I heard that he is a conservative and wants to get away from the suffocating cancel culture in Boulder.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Ralph Miller was like Turgeon, had maybe one good year and bailed out shortly after. Look at the numbers, fact are facts. I'm tired of Miller, blah blah blah.

Comment

Ralph was a Phog Allen protege - Phog's Big Three: Dean Smith, Adolph Rupp and Ralph Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

Ralph Miller was like Turgeon, had maybe one good year and bailed out shortly after. Look at the numbers, fact are facts. I'm tired of Miller, blah blah blah.
                                Seriously? IMO there is stupid, then stupidity and then your post!

Comment

Working...
                                X