Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Ehhhhhh. That is a stretch. He left WSU for his home town, and now coaches the premier basketball team in his home state, which happens to be an easy commute from his home town. Tad has punched his ticket and will be there until he retires.
    Chance to double his salary with rabid fanbase. Believe me no one cares about basketball in the people's republic of boulder. I'd consider him if the time comes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Chance to double his salary with rabid fanbase. Believe me no one cares about basketball in the people's republic of boulder. I'd consider him if the time comes.
      I’m not saying we don’t reach out and I’m not saying he doesn’t pick up the phone, but how many time have we heard the same thing when someone came calling on Marshall?
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Ehhhhhh. That is a stretch. He left WSU for his home town, and now coaches the premier basketball team in his home state, which happens to be an easy commute from his home town. Tad has punched his ticket and will be there until he retires.
        Not sure how SE High fans would respond to him coming back either. Wasn't it right after he arrived at Colorado that Colorado cracked down on the SE buffalo for being too close to the Colorado buffalo?

Comment

• Originally posted by giskard View Post

Not sure how SE High fans would respond to him coming back either. Wasn't it right after he arrived at Colorado that Colorado cracked down on the SE buffalo for being too close to the Colorado buffalo?
          If that’s true, that is dumb. High schools should be allowed to copy any college/pro logo they want.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
            What's the big deal with the numbers transferring out. There are too many possible reasons for a kid to want to transfer, but the main one is generally playing time. If they aren't playing enough, it means either they're not good enough or not fitting the team chemistry. Let them go and find a replacement.
            After the Houston game, it was obvious the Shox needed more athleticism and length. The transfers (imo) have addressed those issues. Whether the decision to part ways with those guys was mutual, or not, it was obvious to outsiders it needed to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post

After the Houston game, it was obvious the Shox needed more athleticism and length. The transfers (imo) have addressed those issues. Whether the decision to part ways with those guys was mutual, or not, it was obvious to outsiders it needed to happen.
              I’m not sure it’s athleticism and length first and foremost. I think it’s grit and toughness. Marshall went after the best he could get but they lacked the grit and toughness needed to compete with teams that outmatched them. I think the players he went and recruited will bring that. It doesn’t hurt they they are also rangy players.

Comment

I’m not saying we don’t reach out and I’m not saying he doesn’t pick up the phone, but how many time have we heard the same thing when someone came calling on Marshall?
                Difference being fan support. I've been a Colorado resident for 6 years now and it's difficult to express the level of disinterest in boulder even with a successful program. Let's just say those folks are occupied with other things.

Comment

I’m not sure it’s athleticism and length first and foremost. I think it’s grit and toughness. Marshall went after the best he could get but they lacked the grit and toughness needed to compete with teams that outmatched them. I think the players he went and recruited will bring that. It doesn’t hurt they they are also rangy players.
                  I'm simply seeing different athletes combined with basketball skills, especially big men.

Comment

• With all that is being said...it sure seems odd how Coach Marshall quickly filled those scholarships with upgraded athletes back in the spring. It was speculated back then that there might've even been some interference from a certain family from the Pacific NW and yet still a bunch of new players signed the dotted line to come play for Coach Marshall. Odd....
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I’m all for Tad being considered. I just don’t think we’d “double” his salary. If hired, he isn’t starting at $3.5m because there’d be nowhere to go from there. I could foresee maybe around $2m for him, which would be a pay increase if you also consider cost of living differences. Whether $2-2.5m is enough to convince Tad remains to be seen.
                      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Yeah, that guy is Exhibit A of typical red-neck Texas ignorance. Makes me conjure up a picture of the 'drills' the Corps of Cadets at A&M seem to get in trouble for every few years. Abusing people neither makes the abuser or the abusee tougher.

Perhaps he needs a shrink to deal with the experiences he had with his DI, since he wants to go on endlessly about it. He certainly doesn't seem like my departed Gunnery Sargent Marine friend. He might have laughed a little about his basic training or DI, but he didn't go on and on about it. The Marines made him tough, but they did it in a way (evidently) that did not include abuse, especially since he really did not talk about it much.

My Navy buddies the same. They talked about how physically exerting and psychologically taxing the exercises and drills they had to endure were, but they did not talk about their DI's punching, kicking and laying hands on recruits.
                        Bobb and revenge, in the interest of restoring the subject of this thread and defending my honor, I invite you to read this link. https://scholar.lib.vt.edu/VA-news/R...e%20his%20hand. My point of the true story I told was that a coach sometimes has to use harsh methods of teaching on some players. Many basketball players come from fatherless homes where mother's were busy working 2 jobs to put food on the table. Some of these kids have only learned life lessons through their buddies on the streets.

I admire ggg for affording SM the chance to improve his life's path.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I’m all for Tad being considered. I just don’t think we’d “double” his salary. If hired, he isn’t starting at $3.5m because there’d be nowhere to go from there. I could foresee maybe around $2m for him, which would be a pay increase if you also consider cost of living differences. Whether $2-2.5m is enough to convince Tad remains to be seen.
                          I did say chance to double his salary. What I really meant was chance to double his salary over time if he's wildly successful.

Comment

Difference being fan support. I've been a Colorado resident for 6 years now and it's difficult to express the level of disinterest in boulder even with a successful program. Let's just say those folks are occupied with other things.
                            I don’t entirely disagree with you, however, here’s some context. Before Boyle got here CU would literally give away tickets to home games. I mean, that’s more embarrassing than Creighton’s groupons. In the past few years, though, interest has increased markedly. A few games have even sold out at Coors. It’s difficult to compare fan support and excitement between WSU and CU, as CU will never be in WSU’s league. But I’ve never seen it higher and for a school not known to be good in basketball, it’s pretty good.

But I don’t think fan support would be something that would draw Boyle away from CU. As Shock said, this is his home and CU is his dream job.
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I am not sure why some of you all keep mentioning names of coaches or players that played for the cheating chicken hawks as possible candidates for the WSU job. But here is my answer. A triple hell no to all these pu$$ies. Fuk all of them and they can bend over and stick their heads between their legs and kiss their own ass. That would include D. Manning, Tad Boyle, M. Chalmers and any other piece of garbage associated with that piece of a sht school. PS. F Bomb the wildkittens and their people too. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Isaac Brown, Adrian Griffin, I would be open to someone like Matt McMahon, but I'm guessing that would have to wait until next season
                                Last edited by ShockerPrez; November 16, 2020, 01:29 PM.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X