Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Those parents can also call Ramon, Cle, Ragland, Chadrack, and others.
    They sure can. Just like Burton reached out to Ron, got positive feedback about GM, still didn’t work out and JB left. I get it goes both ways, just an example.

Comment

He called Wichita State a small time school desperate for success. He seems like he has an agenda to fulfill with jabs like that.

Maybe WSU needs to go back to the IDGAF players that rebuilt this program into a perennial winner. I doubt those players care what some snarky writer with a podcast has to say.
      About what I’d expect from an old Big East alum... first thought it was a tweet, but you mentioned his belittling comment, so I went back and read the article. Of course he mentions the “Koch brothers”.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I think you need to take a step back and see how things develop. You’re ready to make an early move without thinking (and understanding) about ALL of the unintended consequences. This reporter very well could have an agenda against us and CGM.
        What...? What early move am I ready to make? I said this level of bad publicity has consequences. It’s not the be all end all of our success, I understand that. But it isn’t good.

Also do you have reason to believe Pete freaking Thamel has an agenda against WSU or Marshall?
        Last edited by shockersx; October 9, 2020, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• I need a gajillion beers.

Comment

• During my first week or two of USMC boot camp, a drill instructor got in my face while I was standing at attention. The brim of his campaign cover tapping on the bridge of my nose as he stood on his tiptoes in an attempt to go eye to eye with me. All I could think about was homer and Sgt carter, which put a smile on my face.
            the DI was yelling at me to get that #@&+ ing smile off of my face, but it only made me smile bigger while trying to contain the laughter in my head. Untill suddenly I felt the heals of his two hand hit me right in my lowest rib on each side. He literally knocked me off the floor untill I slammed my head into the block wall behind me. He then straddled my body bent over and screamed at me for falling out of attention, while I was just trying to catchy breath from the blow I took.
            Guess what, I never smiled at attention again. I instantly learned that lesson. Did I consider it a use? Absolutely not! That was his job and he did a great job as discipline is a major component of teamwork.
            I am not justifying that this method should be used by a basketball coach, I could see something a little less being used in order to make a player understand. Anyone whose played basketball past jr high knows there is plenty of major contact in the course of a game, and a coach will often show a player, especially bigs, how to use elbows and arms to hold a position. Sometimes it can be hard contact just as in a game.

​​​​​​I know men are supposed to succumb to the wussification process these days, but I sure wish that wussification process would do an about face and these kids would grow some cahonas

Comment

• It really boils down to this: Are the players lying or did it actually happen? What do you believe? Unless video comes out, we will probably never know the full truth. If the players are lying, shame on them. If they are telling truth, we obviously have a problem. The university is in a terrible spot. Either they discredit the student athletes or they fire 3G. You pick.

Comment

• I may have dogged on Shaq, but I at least give him credit for having the chutzpah to put his name behind his comments.

It's easy to throw stones into glass houses when you're hiding in the bushes.
                The Assman

Comment

• I think there was an issue but it was 4 years ago. And there were motivation issues with the alleged victim. We also live in a time where digital media exaggerates the victim hood while covid has given a break to achieving results. Marshall is an all to convent victim that deserves better.
                  Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                    This guy is a ***** and way too gleeful, but 90% of what he says is accurate.
                    This is the article some of us have feared would eventually be written due to the behavior of HCGM and his entourage. It hurts. Any enablers still present will need to be cleaned out if HCGM falls....

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

What...? What early move am I ready to make? I said this level of bad publicity has consequences. It’s not the be all end all of our success, I understand that. But it isn’t good.

Also do you have reason to believe Pete freaking Thamel has an agenda against WSU or Marshall?
                      Maybe it’s just me, but his comment that the university is propped up by Koch Brothers money seems to be a dead giveaway that he’s got something against WSU. It’s completely untrue and irrelevant to the story but that’s always the go to jab for “journalists” with ulterior motives.

Comment

I may have dogged on Shaq, but I at least give him credit for having the chutzpah to put his name behind his comments.

It's easy to throw stones into glass houses when you're hiding in the bushes.
                        100 percent agree with this. I give him credit for that. I also wish he would have talked to the lawyers... really having a hard time understanding that part of it.

I think anyone with a brain can surmise that this happened... now does 3G automatically get fired for this offense/how does the buyout and prior knowledge of said offense factor in?

Not sure if I know the answer to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post

Maybe it’s just me, but his comment that the university is propped up by Koch Brothers money seems to be a dead giveaway that he’s got something against WSU. It’s completely untrue and irrelevant to the story but that’s always the go to jab for “journalists” with ulterior motives.
                          HCGM is long gone to Alabama without Koch $$$. It is nothing to be ashamed of...

Comment

• It seems to be the general assumption that the athletic department hasn’t done anything to address these issues with Coach Marshall, but what if that is not the case. 4 years have transpired since the known, alleged physical contact incidents. Suppose the university did have him go to some kind of counseling or therapy. In my opinion, it seems that since joining the American, Marshall has seemed less confrontational than in the past with players and officials. I have read this forum for years, and I know I have read many posts saying we don’t play angry like we used to and comments that Marshall doesn’t coach like he used to. I think he has changed his approach at least somewhat. So, what if the fans find out that he has received counseling? How does that affect things? As a business owner of 30 years, I can say for sure that if I was able to handle a similar situation privately that I sure wouldn’t go public. The injured parties did not go public so why would the university? There are privacy and contract considerations.

First post of a 40+ year season ticket holder.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

HCGM is long gone to Alabama without Koch $$$. It is nothing to be ashamed of...
                              It wasn’t just Koch money. He may have called the meeting, but other parties brought something to the table.

And, like I have said before, Koch could make T. Boone look like Oliver Twist if he really wanted to spend on athletics.

Funny how none of these reporters say anything negative about Phil Knight and Nike boosting up Oregon athletics.
                              The Assman

Comment

• I see Knight mentioned all the time connected to Oregon. Honest question, do these sports reporters truly say negative things about Koch or simply mention the support of WSU?

Comment

Working...
                                X