Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    Sometimes you have to truly break someone down, in order to get through to them and build them back up.

It's not PC or well liked by some in today's society, but it's true.

That's not an endorsement, just an observation.
    Yes, and Competitive sports are one place where that is important. That said... it's not the military. Being on the same page and connected isn't life and death. You can't hit your players. Some of the stuff that is out there and people are willing to put their name to is Military-esque

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      Shaq stayed 2 more years after the alleged incident. Why?
      Perhaps because in Shaq's world it wasn't that simple, especially during a time of emotional turbulence.

Just found out his mom had cancer.
      It was the day of Shocker Madness, beginning of the season and a bad time to transfer.
      Fred being Fred, probably talked Shaq into staying. (Right or wrong in this instance - no judgement - I think Fred is the type of motivator you can't ignore if you spend every day with the man.)

What I think doesn't matter, as I'm not him, but it sounds like it would have been best for Shaq to have left right then.

Comment

• If someone is saying that about my wife to “motivate” me...the only motivation will be to kick their butt. If that’s motivating to you...good? I guess?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
          If someone is saying that about my wife to “motivate” me...the only motivation will be to kick their butt.
          Maybe that's the kind of anger he was trying to trigger. Pure and raw emotion.

Again, I'm not getting into the morality of it, but I'm not saying there wasn't a tactic involved in his alleged comments.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            Common loyalty and respect seem to be a lost art in a lot of our society today, on many levels.

Love this quote from Cle:

When contacted by Outkick for further comment, Early said: “I tweeted my feelings on the subject. GM is my guy.”
            Shaq had a reputation amongst the teams he was on. Not that it makes what might have happened to him right, but credibility is king.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I think the 95% of the crap ******* spewed is fluff that would never see the light of day normally. The problem is the 5% is probably bad enough on it's own to get coach fired (punching a player and choking a coach). The rest is just really good filler that if it never gets proven, it's not a big deal. It draws attention though to that 5% with someone willing to back it up.
              Rob Dauster's comment about "everyone knows the Koch brothers are the only reason Gregg Marshall's still in WIchita" comment always pisses me off. I hear this $hit all the time from beakers and puddy tats. Sure, the Koch's helped, but that's an insult to numerous other 'big money' individuals and families in the Wichita area.

I better...
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• You can't punch a player, even if he was being a punk. You can't choke a coach. You shouldn't call a player's girlfriend a C***. Poking fun at a player's gut is.... Hey, you're supposed to be in shape, dude. If you didn't like it, do something about it.

I think it's been mentioned before, but if this happened in a office, you're gone. I understand it's a different environment, but at what point is it abusive and at what point is it motivation?

Is this the kind of coach that we want at WSU? I agree with him that I think he has the best intentions for the kids. And some of these kids need that discipline.

I guess it's just one big gray area of crapola. But if you saw Shaq hard foul Zach on purpose to try and hurt him and in the heat of the moment you jumped on him and smacked him in the head, is that sticking up for Zach or abusive to Shaq? What if Shaq broke Zach's leg or something as a result?

What were the circumstances regarding him putting his hands on Lindstead? That one is peculiar to me. I am curious as to that. I would love to know what led to that altercation. I mean, there is a scenario in my head that would excuse that. And Lindstead not wanting to comment, kind of raises my suspicions that it could be the case. Maybe the circumstances surrounding that make Lindstead look bad?

I dunno. Just keep thinking about all of it. It's a mess. Like the team needed more distractions going into the season.

Or maybe they all bond together and Marshall steps up and says, 'Guys, I'm class A *****. But I'm on your side. Let's stick it to everyone!'
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Rob Dauster's comment about "everyone knows the Koch brothers are the only reason Gregg Marshall's still in WIchita" comment always pisses me off. I hear this $hit all the time from beakers and puddy tats. Sure, the Koch's helped, but that's an insult to numerous other 'big money' individuals and families in the Wichita area.

I better...
                  Plus .. it's not the "brothers" at all. just one. especially now .. all things considered ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

I think ******* is pedaling extra hard on social media because he got scooped big-time. A guy who has fallen from ESPN to CBS Sports to Stadium knows the next stop is, metaphorically speaking, the California Penal League.
                    This... ^

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• That’s like saying the only reason OsU has night facilities is because of T. Boone. Who gives a s***? It’s their money.

Also, if Koch REALLY cared, he could make T. Boone look like he was living off food stamps with the amount of $$$ he could pour in.
                      The Assman

Comment

I better...
                        See, with guys like Rob...it’s political. Not sure about *******. Regardless of where you stand politically, I’m sure you realize some people revel in hearing this news because the tie between WSU and Koch.

Comment

I better...
                          Dauster is insanely liberal, as are Norlander and Parrish. But I felt like Dauster went there more quickly than anyone. He’s a punk and it’s no wonder why he is currently unemployed.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• If anyone is listening to Lutz and Luther - can you post a recap? I want to know what they say, and do not really care to hear them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                              If anyone is listening to Lutz and Luther - can you post a recap? I want to know what they say, and do not really care to hear them.
                              +1

Won't listen to those hacks. My guess is it will be nothing new.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Perhaps because in Shaq's world it wasn't that simple, especially during a time of emotional turbulence.

Just found out his mom had cancer.
                                It was the day of Shocker Madness, beginning of the season and a bad time to transfer.
                                Fred being Fred, probably talked Shaq into staying. (Right or wrong in this instance - no judgement - I think Fred is the type of motivator you can't ignore if you spend every day with the man.)

What I think doesn't matter, as I'm not him, but it sounds like it would have been best for Shaq to have left right then.
                                Perhaps to all of it. But perhaps there is more than what is being told. I get tired of everyone who automatically make judgements on scant or at least incomplete information. How many here say, “where there is smoke there is fire?” That’s a pile of crap. I just think that Shaq isn’t the best character witness and physical acts would include everything from pushing/shoving to striking Shaq in the back. Shaq may hold a grudge. Who knows for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X