No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe the instructions were to throw at them when they stood in that spot, not hit them, and certainly not in the head, but whatever

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      One thing I wonder about is Shaq’s motivation for coming forward now. Seems interesting that he didn’t say a word while continuing to play for Marshall and get better and get exposure. Then continued to stay quiet while he was able to play overseas presumably at least in part because of the exposure he received from WSU and Marshall. Then all of a sudden when WSU couldn’t do much more for his playing career he comes forward. Seems odd that he would move back to Wichita also and try to start camps and put down roots when it carried so many bad memories. That is a question I would like to ask.
      You ask this to many past Marshall Shocker fans too. They were great fans when we were on top, basking in the glory, and run for the hills and pretty much abandon things when things aren't so.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
        One thing I wonder about is Shaq’s motivation for coming forward now. Seems interesting that he didn’t say a word while continuing to play for Marshall and get better and get exposure. Then continued to stay quiet while he was able to play overseas presumably at least in part because of the exposure he received from WSU and Marshall. Then all of a sudden when WSU couldn’t do much more for his playing career he comes forward. Seems odd that he would move back to Wichita also and try to start camps and put down roots when it carried so many bad memories. That is a question I would like to ask.
        He made the decision last year. My assumption is that the alumni were hearing from current players about repeated incidents and decided “enough was enough.” Social media points to a breaking point about 1 year ago...

Blaming anyone other than Gregg and those in power whom left Gregg unchecked is a waste of time. As Ron stated, Gregg would have had support if he shown a willingness to embrace change. As Ron said the only two program rules were: Don’t steal/Don’t lie. In Ron’s opinion, Gregg broke a program rule.

Gregg did an unimaginable number of good things while he was here, but he ran hot and was unchecked. It went too far and we all need to move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

He made the decision last year. My assumption is that the alumni were hearing from current players about repeated incidents and decided “enough was enough.” Social media points to a breaking point about 1 year ago...

Blaming anyone other than Gregg and those in power whom left Gregg unchecked is a waste of time. As Ron stated, Gregg would have had support if he shown a willingness to embrace change. As Ron said the only two program rules were: Don’t steal/Don’t lie. In Ron’s opinion, Gregg broke a program rule.

Gregg did an unimaginable number of good things while he was here, but he ran hot and was unchecked. It went too far and we all need to move on.
          Too bad we weren’t still in the Valley right now. We’d be in really great shape.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The only proof I’ve heard and seen of this is Patty Beamer. I’ve seen more alumni who spoke in a letter in the Eagle that supported the opposite of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Come on. How many times have WSU pitchers hit a hitter during warmups in Kemnitz career. If he taught his pitchers to hit the batter during warmups, he sucked at that instruction - because it only happened one. The fact is his quote was taken out of context that he teaches his pitchers to be aggressive and to pitch inside.

Well then you are not a baseball fan and not very well informed.
              You don’t know what you are talking about. I never said he told them to hit them. Pitching inside has nothing to do with beaning a player that isn’t even in the batters box. I guess you think it was ok for him to be hit. That’s pretty sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The only proof I’ve heard and seen of this is Patty Beamer. I’ve seen more alumni who spoke in a letter in the Eagle that supported the opposite of this.
                Go search alumni social media post from this time last year. I am not sure why you have to find a boogie man...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Too bad we weren’t still in the Valley right now. We’d be in really great shape.
                  We had a NCAA Cheat Code; unfortunately, the administration and fans were too damn cocky to realize it.

Being the big fish in a small pond makes it pretty damn easy to sustain NCAA success - the ability to PROMISE Recruits they will play in the tournament every year is a huge recruiting advantage.

Bottom line - we are unlikely to see the sustained success we had prior to the conference switch.

With that stated - American games are more fun to watch.

Comment

We had a NCAA Cheat Code; unfortunately, the administration and fans were too damn cocky to realize it.

Being the big fish in a small pond makes it pretty damn easy to sustain NCAA success - the ability to PROMISE Recruits they will play in the tournament every year is a huge recruiting advantage.

Bottom line - we are unlikely to see the sustained success we had prior to the conference switch.

we also were in danger of not making the tournament if we lost only 1 game to a bad team. There were too many variables out of our control playing in such a weak conference. The AAC gives us much more cushion, better TV coverage, access to higher profile recruits, etc. Not even debatable.

Comment

Go search alumni social media post from this time last year. I am not sure why you have to find a boogie man...
                      Patty Beamer went to Golden or nothing would have happened after 5 years. Are you PB?

Comment

Lmao, delusional.

If we were in the Valley right now after this debacle, we’d truly be effed. Our pool of candidates would’ve ranged from your mom to Steve Eck.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• What I don’t miss about playing in the Valley, winning games and losing ground in the ever changing metrics used to calculate NCAA tournament entrance and seeds. I also don’t miss having to win every game just to be given a crummy tournament paring or losing a game or two in the conference to be shown the NIT. Bottom line is that after Creighton’s departure the Valley’s goose was cooked. WSU’s departure was the final nail in the coffin for the once great conference.
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• And yet still Ben Jacobsen gets brought up as a potential coach for schools like WSU. The guy can’t dominate the Valley, he’s right where he needs to be.

Comment

• Let me state the obvious of how far the program progressed under Gregg Marshall. The fact that national basketball pundits are mentioning Beilein, Motta, and other high-major D1 coaches like Tad Boyle and Mark Turgeon is astounding.

Comment

You mean about the time I posted I "had my fill" of Marshall?

Comment

Working...
                                X