Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Can they go to Afghanistan or Iraq and into battle?
    The only on that couldn’t was Markis
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

I always thought Kyles had one of the more interesting and rewarding careers for a Shocker under GM. Ironically, kinda similar to Shaq. He seemed to have some motivational, off the court type issues going on early in his career. And everyone saw the nuclear athleticism he had but there wasn't necessarily a lot of production or reliability. Then his junior and senior years he just really turned it on. Shot the crap out of the ball and made a pretty significant leap.

But to your point, yeah I agree he definitely seemed to have some off-court issues holding him back early on. Almost certainly dealt with the uglier side of GM because of it.
      DK never came close to reaching his potential. He did become a good defender and spot up shooter, but he never had the mentality to put forth the effort to become more, to become a complete player. He had the physical tools to be fantastic, but could never be completely relied on to dial it in or consistently give forth the effort expected. I was big on DK during his recruitment and seeing what he could have become as a JR and SR and was disappointed that he settled for less.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• We need to recruit Hugh Glass, now that guy was tough

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          We need to recruit Hugh Glass, now that guy was tough
          I prefer Hugh G. Rection. He was always at his best against stiff competition.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

DK never came close to reaching his potential. He did become a good defender and spot up shooter, but he never had the mentality to put forth the effort to become more, to become a complete player. He had the physical tools to be fantastic, but could never be completely relied on to dial it in or consistently give forth the effort expected. I was big on DK during his recruitment and seeing what he could have become as a JR and SR and was disappointed that he settled for less.
            Oh yeah I wasn’t saying he turned out to be a world beater by any means, but there was a pretty obvious leap between I think his sophomore and junior seasons. He finished his career a lot stronger than he started it IMO. I’m not saying he was an all conference type dude, thought he could’ve been.

But he was named to the All MVC Most Improved team as a junior and won the team’s most improved player award though. According to GoShockers, he canned 74 threes that year which (at the time, maybe it’s changed since then) was second all time for 3s in a season behind Ogirri in 06.

Comment

• I’m curious as to why Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, Arizona, Creighton and Illinois State aren’t all looking for new coaches this week. They have all done worse things than Marshall ever did.

Comment

• Basketball Attendance Tidbit: This is probably the wrong thread for this info, but this appears to be the most active thread so I will post it here. Sedgwick County is capping Koch arena at 100 people per game for live attendance until December 31st due to Covid. There will be an official announcement on this with 48 hours. Many games this year will on ESPN+, so look into getting that if you do not have it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

I'm saying I know the personalities and Shocker careers of the players.

That players who were difficult or a headache to coach (for whatever reasons), are the players that are more than likely the players to receive the Mr Hyde coaching style from Marshall.

I don't recall Kyles being remembered for being one of the most coachable or hardest working players in the Marshall era..
                  Heck ya. If they aren't willing to work hard, do whatever you gotta do. Nothing's off limits. If you aren't able to reach them, kick them to the curb. That's why we have had so many transfers recently. Kids are getting too soft anymore. Guess it probably was time to move on from GGG. He just wasn't made for these times. It's tough to find a group of guys who work hard without name-calling or a smack to the head. Sad times we live in

Comment

• Originally posted by MiloPeterjohn View Post

Heck ya. If they aren't willing to work hard, do whatever you gotta do. Nothing's off limits. If you aren't able to reach them, kick them to the curb. That's why we have had so many transfers recently. Kids are getting too soft anymore. Guess it probably was time to move on from GGG. He just wasn't made for these times. It's tough to find a group of guys who work hard without name-calling or a smack to the head. Sad times we live in
                    Adios efftard.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Marshall could have stayed if he chose. He made the choice to resign because he didn’t want himself, his family and the team to have to deal with the negative media attention. This is from a very accurate inside source.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiloPeterjohn View Post

Wow. Banned as Xmancometh, came back and just couldn’t help yourself.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                          Marshall could have stayed if he chose. He made the choice to resign because he didn’t want himself, his family and the team to have to deal with the negative media attention. This is from a very accurate inside source.
                          If true, what a truly sad end.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                            Marshall could have stayed if he chose. He made the choice to resign because he didn’t want himself, his family and the team to have to deal with the negative media attention. This is from a very accurate inside source.
                            probably couldn't bring himself to accept the conditions

Comment

• The separation agreement between WSU and Marshall is available at https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...og/entry/1000/

Since the university is a public entity, they release the separation agreement if there's an open records request for it. See 15(F) of the agreement for more information on that part.

Edited to add: Check out https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view-request-log/ if you want to see all the places requesting stuff since the resignation announcement on Tuesday.
                              Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; November 19, 2020, 11:17 AM.
                              Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Holy smokes. 48k every two weeks is not a bad payday.

Comment

Working...
                                X