Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post
    Holy smokes. 48k every two weeks is not a bad payday.
    He might have to stick to hamburgers instead of cheeseburgers though ...

Comment

• Do these payouts continue even if he excepts a new coaching position in a year or two?

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
        Holy smokes. 48k every two weeks is not a bad payday.
        There's a 2nd agreement called the Release of ADEA claims and it mentions a one-time $250,000 payment. It doesn't say when the payment happens though, but I imagine it's the first payment and right away, and then the remaining 7.5 million will be paid out in the 156 equal payments starting December 11.

Edited to add that the ADEA document allows him to revoke it up until 7 days after he signed it, so I imagine the 250K payment won't happen until after those 7 days are up.
        Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; November 19, 2020, 12:43 PM.
        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

There's a 2nd agreement called the Release of ADEA claims and it mentions a one-time $250,000 payment. It doesn't say when the payment happens though, but I imagine it's the first payment and right away, and then the remaining 7.5 million will be paid out in the 156 equal payments starting December 11.
          They must have learned something from Butler's separation agreement because it had both agreements in one document vs split into two like Marshall's. The main thing is with the ADEA claims waiver, if the person is over 40, they have 21 days to sign it. Since Butler's had it in one agreement, he had 21 days to return the entire agreement. By splitting it out for Marshall, he has 21 days to sign it, but he signed it on 11/17/2020, probably because of the 250K payment, but the 21 day thing doesn't appear in the other agreement.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarryShlonghofer

The thing is. A lot of you are posting strikingly similar thoughts that are almost as inane as what I've put out there. I had hoped seeing viewpoints so ridiculous and offensive that it would wake up some of the crazy takes on here, but no, they just keep coming from many of you. Furthermore, I've had many ridiculous posts liked by users on here. How crazy.

It's been a good run, but I've done all I can do for now.

Sincerely,

Harryjohnson
            Harry.Johnson
            HarryJohnson.
            HaroldJohnston
            RonaldSwanson
            RonaldMcDonald
            LarryJohnson
            MiloPeterjohn
            HarryShlonghofer
            C0|dB|00ded

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
              Do these payouts continue even if he excepts a new coaching position in a year or two?
              I'm not 100% positive, but I think so. The way I read it, I didn't see anything in the agreement that says the payments stop based on him taking on a new job. His contract said that, but the agreement means the contract is terminated.

Maybe someone like Taylor can contact the sports attorneys he talked to and ask them.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                Marshall could have stayed if he chose. He made the choice to resign because he didn’t want himself, his family and the team to have to deal with the negative media attention. This is from a very accurate inside source.
                Gregg Marshall just retired. He's always been a smart dude, but this was a very slick exit. Not planned per se, but the ultimate example of making lemonade out of lemons.

Shaq will definitely be getting a Christmas card.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Gregg Marshall just retired. He's always been a smart dude, but this was a very slick exit. Not planned per se, but the ultimate example of making lemonade out of lemons.

Shaq will definitely be getting a Christmas card.
                  Are Christmas cards usually hand delivered in Manila envelopes?
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Cold = Harry Johnson?

Comment

The separation agreement between WSU and Marshall is available at https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...og/entry/1000/

The main agreement is 16 pages and has a lot of legal mumbo-jumbo, but is still a good read. Here are some of the more interesting things:

1(A) - 7.5 million to be paid over 156 equal payments of roughly $48K per payment. First payment is December 11. Payments continue after that every 2 weeks. The other 250K is covered in the release of ADEA claims agreement.

10 - Marshall will never apply for another job with WSU, ICAA, their affiliates, and subsidiaries

11(B) - WSU will continue to pay the memberships for Crestview and Flint Hills National through December 31, 2020

12(F) - Marshall was allowed to speak and say farewell to the players at 9 a.m. on November 17 with the AD present, but any statements had to stick with talking points outlined in Appendix A

13 - non-disclosure and confidentiality parts - part B states anything leading to the separation agreement will remain confidential, including the identity and testimony of any person who provided information as part of the alleged abuse

15(F) - since the university is a public entity, they will release the separation agreement if there's an open records request for it.

16 - mutual non-disparagement - basically says neither party will say anything to humiliate or harm the other party

I imagine the above and probably other things will be covered in more detail by media outlets. Just remember though, you can always fact check what they say by looking at the agreement yourself.
                      Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; November 19, 2020, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• I think the moderators need to change the way people sign up. Allow them to sign up like normal, but don't allow them to post for a specified amount of days, weeks, whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                          I think the moderators need to change the way people sign up. Allow them to sign up like normal, but don't allow them to post for a specified amount of days, weeks, whatever.
                          Yeah, let's make Shockernet a safe space!

Comment

I'm not 100% positive, but I think so. The way I read it, I didn't see anything in the agreement that says the payments stop based on him taking on a new job. His contract said that, but the agreement means the contract is terminated.

Maybe someone like Taylor can contact the sports attorneys he talked to and ask them.
                            I read it that way too. I think he's guaranteed it as long as he doesn't breach a clause in the separation agreement

Comment

• A reporter from the WSU Sunflower put in a request for Marshall's calendars from October and November - https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...log/entry/998/ Pretty bare though as far as what was recorded - zoom call with Nate Pomeday of the AAC on October 12, meeting with Muma on October 16, coaches meeting on October 21, and nothing in November other than a scheduled head coaches meeting on November 18

Comment

The main agreement is 16 pages and has a lot of legal mumbo-jumbo, but is still a good read. Here are some of the more interesting things:

1(A) - 7.5 million to be paid over 156 equal payments of roughly $48K per payment. First payment is December 11. Payments continue after that every 2 weeks. The other 250K is covered in the release of ADEA claims agreement.

10 - Marshall will never apply for another job with WSU, ICAA, their affiliates, and subsidiaries

11(B) - WSU will continue to pay the memberships for Crestview and Flint Hills National through December 31, 2020

12(F) - Marshall was allowed to speak and say farewell to the players at 9 a.m. on November 17 with the AD present, but any statements had to stick with talking points outlined in Appendix A

13 - non-disclosure and confidentiality parts - part B states anything leading to the separation agreement will remain confidential, including the identity and testimony of any person who provided information as part of the alleged abuse

15(F) - since the university is a public entity, they will release the separation agreement if there's an open records request for it.

16 - mutual non-disparagement - basically says neither party will say anything to humiliate or harm the other party

I imagine the above and probably other things will be covered in more detail by media outlets. Just remember though, you can always fact check what they say by looking at the agreement yourself.
                                Section 12 has substantial detail how he must comply with any investigation by university, NCAA, American or ICAA. If he fails he will be in breach of contract. I expect this probably normal, but it does make me wonder if there is a NCAA investigation going on in light of what we know has been going on with shoe companies and that we know that Fred was taking money.

Comment

Working...
                                X