No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Kyle’s on Twitter now: “@espn @ESPNSAS @RealSkipBayless i went there form 2008-2012 and the things I with through surpass any of these stories with Gregg at @GoShockersMBB but no one believed me! Glad to see karma come around!!”

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Frankly I've not really put that much thought beyond what we do know. I'm staying away from hypothetical's.
      That's probably the best approach
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
        David Kyle’s on Twitter now: “@espn @ESPNSAS @RealSkipBayless i went there form 2008-2012 and the things I with through surpass any of these stories with Gregg at @GoShockersMBB but no one believed me! Glad to see karma come around!!”
        Garrett Stutz (who was there the EXACT same years, mind you):

Originally posted by Stutz’s Facebook
        “This wasn't the ending anyone was hoping for. It doesn't take away the impression he made on the city. It doesn't take any of the wins or banners away. It definitely doesn't take away the impact he had on so many players transforming them from teenagers into men.”
        Again, I look at the players in Marshall’s camp and those who aren’t and I know which side I would go to battle with.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Garrett Stutz (who was there the EXACT same years, mind you):

[quote​​​​​​]​“This wasn't the ending anyone was hoping for. It doesn't take away the impression he made on the city. It doesn't take any of the wins or banners away. It definitely doesn't take away the impact he had on so many players transforming them from teenagers into men.”
          Again, I look at the players in Marshall’s camp and those who aren’t and I know which side I would place my goodwill with.
          [/QUOTE]

Where there is smoke, there is fire. The silence from Ron, Fred, frankamp, etc speaks volumes.

Comment

• NM
            Last edited by pie n eye; November 18, 2020, 05:44 PM.

Comment

David Kyle’s on Twitter now: “@espn @ESPNSAS @RealSkipBayless i went there form 2008-2012 and the things I with through surpass any of these stories with Gregg at @GoShockersMBB but no one believed me! Glad to see karma come around!!”
              Can someone offer their interpretation of this?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Can someone offer their interpretation of this?
                I believe he is saying that he has worse stories than what has been reported and if you are ESPN, Skip Bayless, or WSU Mens basketball contact him for more details.

Comment

• Those in glass houses shall not throw stones

Comment

Again, I look at the players in Marshall’s camp and those who aren’t and I know which side I would place my goodwill with.

Where there is smoke, there is fire. The silence from Ron, Fred, frankamp, etc speaks volumes.
                    So you disregard all of the good statements from a good number of great guys and focus on the bad, and those who remain silent. You think one is true and the others not.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      Those in glass houses shall not throw stones

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

So you disregard all of the good statements from a good number of great guys and focus on the bad, and those who remain silent. You think one is true and the others not.
                        Perhaps all are true

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I'm saying I know the personalities and Shocker careers of the players.

That players who were difficult or a headache to coach (for whatever reasons), are the players that are more than likely the players to receive the Mr Hyde coaching style from Marshall.

I don't recall Kyles being remembered for being one of the most coachable or hardest working players in the Marshall era..
                          Last edited by Shock Top; November 18, 2020, 07:38 PM. Reason: grammar
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

I don't recall Kyles being remembered for being one of the most coachable or hardest working players in the Marshall era.
                            bingo. From what I can tell, players think he picked on certain guys and let other guys get away with more. Lemme guess, he picked on the guys that were harder to coach, didn’t always put forth full effort, made bonehead decisions on the court, etc.

Comment

• I definitely think some took his coaching and used it as motivation, others not so much (ty Taylor, shaq, etc). I also believe he was not free of guilt or that he did things that are not acceptable in today’s day and age,

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Probably quite a few. I ran across this article last week - https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/wic...s-01epv56g6zkh - and the guy said the following: "Five years ago I heard rumors about Marshall abusing players and staff. I didn't have anything concrete, but it was enough to be concerning. Then when I covered the 2017 Maui Invitational, beat writers from several teams were openly discussing his conduct, as if everyone knew and had just accepted that was the way things were done in the program."

It seems like the media has moved on a little from the investigation to complaining about the buyout and how college athletics works. It's amazing how the media can't seem to look into the mirror and realize they're part of the problem too. In the article above, the guy blames the university for not doing anything. Maybe all the media people who are saying they heard stories in the past should start figuring out a way to do their jobs and get individuals to come forward.

It seems like the media is also moving into the whole 'we're going to try to find out more about the investigation that took place because it's something you should know'. I have a feeling they think what I should know probably has more to do with ratings and clickbait articles than anything else. But hey, if they want to spend time trying to get information from an investigation that was confidential and thus make it hard for people to do future confidential investigations because the media will just expose it, then be ready to take some blame for that as well. Finally, media members, please get a clue and know what you're talking about or do like Taylor and interview people who do, like he did with the sports attorneys. Otherwise you just look stupid and hurt your credibility. This morning on the radio Shane Dennis brought up the fact Marshall's contract was a rolling contract, and Jacob Albracht had no clue what a rolling contract was and Shane had to keep telling him to read Taylor's article. Get a clue Jacob.
                                I like Jacob, but he was babbling this morning; for some reason he had a ‘big bug up his butt’... guess we all do sometimes.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X