Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
    Media members hold story because they can't get players on record: criticized by fanbase

Media members go ahead with story but players off record: criticized by fanbase

Players go on record: criticized by fanbase

If anyone wants to know why no one said anything 5 years ago, or why this story was so long in the making, they just need to read this thread.
    Yeah, but the stuff would have leaked out slowly instead of dropping on our nation like an atomic bomb. Very similar to when Marshall got suspended up in Canada. You address the first issue and you deal with it. In this situation we have an entire almanac of Marshall abuses land on our desks. That's not normal. There should have been more transparency. I mean, he's swinging on students for parking spaces? What in the holy **** dimension am I living in?

People don't want to believe the allegations because they are unbelievable in the volume and context that we received them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Personally I think if there's abuse involved, knowing about it 5 years ago and not doing anything and allowing it to continue, in this case 4 years of incoming freshman to be exposed to the abuse as well, that's morally reprehensible and goes beyond just sitting on a story and those people should be held accountable for not doing their job.. But that's just me.
      Translated: BoatHouse should have dropped his resignation right next to Marshalls.

Comment

• I think it's pretty obvious at this point that a lot of people knew about it. Boosters, reporters, administrators, recruits, etc. I'm not condoning the actions of the coach, the decision or anything or criticizing it either. I am just pointing out some observations. Thus far you have the players who knew they couldn't handle the atmosphere or chose not to and bolted quickly. Then you have the rock solid competitors who endured it, sucked it up and were rewarded with championships and adoration from the fans. These are the players who were not touted coming out of high school, the juco guys and anyone else who had to fight and scrape to get where they ultimately ended up and appreciated the opportunity. They came in when WSU was trending up or at the bottom, and had a lot of work to do to build up the program and in fact took the program to the pinnacle. These guys may not have accepted coach's behavior, but their attitude is "keep it in the locker room or within the program". So you didn't hear anything at the time. Then you got the guys that came in as maybe the higher recruited guys. They had the expectations of getting the star treatment and perhaps a bit of entitlement. They came into the program at the pinnacle and rode the train with the great views. Maybe didn't have the work ethic or the drive, or the mentality of a killer. No chip on their shoulder, etc. These are the guys that seem to be the ones that are getting most vocal about coach's antics. They were probably pressured by some of the old guard to suck it up, but after they got out, still held the grudge.

Coach never changed.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Goodbye BoatHouse!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            I think it's pretty obvious at this point that a lot of people knew about it. Boosters, reporters, administrators, recruits, etc. I'm not condoning the actions of the coach, the decision or anything or criticizing it either. I am just pointing out some observations. Thus far you have the players who knew they couldn't handle the atmosphere or chose not to and bolted quickly. Then you have the rock solid competitors who endured it, sucked it up and were rewarded with championships and adoration from the fans. These are the players who were not touted coming out of high school, the juco guys and anyone else who had to fight and scrape to get where they ultimately ended up and appreciated the opportunity. They came in when WSU was trending up or at the bottom, and had a lot of work to do to build up the program and in fact took the program to the pinnacle. These guys may not have accepted coach's behavior, but their attitude is "keep it in the locker room or within the program". So you didn't hear anything at the time. Then you got the guys that came in as maybe the higher recruited guys. They had the expectations of getting the star treatment and perhaps a bit of entitlement. They came into the program at the pinnacle and rode the train with the great views. Maybe didn't have the work ethic or the drive, or the mentality of a killer. No chip on their shoulder, etc. These are the guys that seem to be the ones that are getting most vocal about coach's antics. They were probably pressured by some of the old guard to suck it up, but after they got out, still held the grudge.

Coach never changed.
            I agree with your sentiment. I thanked you for this post.

I have a favor to ask.....
            Could you please have this same conversation with your weak, spineless neighbors who think COVID lockdowns cause mental illness?

And remember: Winners never quit and quitters never win. AND Tough times don't last, but tough people do.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Goodbye BoatHouse!
              This should be a bannable offense.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

This should be a bannable offense.
                Why don't you go over to Parler and whine about it like the rest of those Ted Cruz types.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

I agree with your sentiment. I thanked you for this post.

I have a favor to ask.....
                  Could you please have this same conversation with your weak, spineless neighbors who think COVID lockdowns cause mental illness?

And remember: Winners never quit and quitters never win. AND Tough times don't last, but tough people do.
                  Can you please keep that crap out of the basketball section?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

Get used to it. There’s 4 years coming.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Translated: BoatHouse should have dropped his resignation right next to Marshalls.
                      Actually my post was regarding media members. There's a certain code of ethics journalists should follow - this is a good list https://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp - and it seems like that code is slowly going out-the-window by some.
                      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• what is a journalist anymore? Any kid with a twitter following and keyboard can become a journalist. It's all pay per click now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          what is a journalist anymore? Any kid with a twitter following and keyboard can become a journalist. It's all pay per click now.
                          True. Unfortunately too many actual journalists are becoming that kid vs the other way around.
                          Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

Seriously. This belongs in the Covid Political Thread. Move it please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Personally I think if there's abuse involved, knowing about it 5 years ago and not doing anything and allowing it to continue, in this case 4 years of incoming freshman to be exposed to the abuse as well, that's morally reprehensible and goes beyond just sitting on a story and those people should be held accountable for not doing their job.. But that's just me.
                              Fair criticism when it comes to the media.

When it comes to players, the responses on here regarding what Ron (especially) and Rashard has said, but also what Fred/Landry/Conner/etc. haven't said, makes me cringe.

I'm sure many of us look back on some decisions we've made in our lives with the advantage of hindsight, knowing we should have handled the situation differently. It's difficult when you're in the middle of a situation to completely understand the gravity of it and how you should respond to it. That's especially so when you're 18, 19, 20 years old. Not to mention these players no doubt felt they were supposed to suck it up, or deserved what they were getting, etc. (Assuming, of course, the allegations are true--hope that clarification is a given by now in these discussions)
                              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Your premise depends on whether Marshall would have accepted a very public reprimand. It also depends on whether there were any previous private reprimands we are not privy to.

You say he resigned because the AD can't fire him for cause.

I'm saying that may be true, but there also may be another explanation that we have to consider. So we can't jump to conclusions.

There is A LOT of jumping to conclusions on this thread.
                                Frankly I've not really put that much thought beyond what we do know. I'm staying away from hypothetical's.

Comment

Working...
                                X