Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

No, but... surely you aren't equivalating high school kids fighting on a playground to a teacher hitting one of the kids involved in the fight out of anger? Cause it kinda sounds that way.
    The fact that you see them as kids says everything.

Gregg did not punch a kid. He punched a grown ass man. Man-child, but still a man.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I look forward to Coach Marshall taking over at the University of Washington next year. (oh that would be amazing irony)

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

If (and I'm TOTALLY making this up so don't read anything into it) Evan Wessel got into a fist fight with Cle and both guys bloodied each other and a team brawl ensued until the coaches broke it up, should they all have been (or if it happened yesterday) dismissed?
        I know this is made up because Cle still walks the earth and Wessel is not in prison.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Gregg did not punch a kid. He punched a grown ass man. Man-child, but still a man.
          There was one person in the confrontation who had the authority. They are always, and should be, the ones held to the higher standard.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Gregg disciplined a man, for which he is very much responsible, in a manner on which we can only speculate. That it did or did not step over the line depends on 1)facts not in evidence and 2) your personal values.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1989 View Post
              I'm sorry, but did you just say "almost any mistake among the powerful or wealthy is dealt with harshly while others get a pass? "That's literally the opposite of true. If an assistant did what coach is accused of he would be out of here without 8 mill in his pocket.
              Apples and oranges. HCGM had an iron clad buyout in his contract and the university failed to act when the alleged incident took place. Five years later you are not getting out of that contract for less than half if it goes to court. I can guarandamnty you that. If it went to court, he would have received nearly all of that buyout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                I look forward to Coach Marshall taking over at the University of Washington next year. (oh that would be amazing irony)
                Oh he would too. He's that petty...in a good way. Eric would leave as a grad transfer to go to Winthrop just to spite him. Man that's some salt. Someone get me a Sprite.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Gregg disciplined a man, for which he is very much responsible, in a manner on which we can only speculate. That it did or did not step over the line depends on 1)facts not in evidence and 2) your personal values.
                  I agree in most part. I don't have all of #1 so can't say what happened. However, #2 doesn't always determine if something went over the line. Beating a child to an inch of their lives is always child abuse even if your values say it is good hard discipline.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Not sure I understand. The Doc didn't say there was no winner. If he did, I would have agreed. Instead, he said political correctness and a perceived shift to the political left of university administration benefits no one, which by default insinuates the allegations under investigation are untrue and that HCGM resigned merely because of political correctness. That's what I'm challenging.
                    'Clearly it's been an unmitigated disaster as a whole, but if you can document a winner, anywhere, I'm interested.'

That was the bigger point I felt, and I agreed. I didn't pick up on the insinuation you asserted at all.

If they could have fired GGG for cause and saved $$$ they would have, but they clearly couldn't. Did the current political climate play a part? Who knows, although Shaq's tweet of a cop chasing down a black man (who was innocent?) with a gun was rather telling, along with his insulting comment associated with it, in light of current events, for whatever that's worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Apples and oranges. HCGM had an iron clad buyout in his contract and the university failed to act when the alleged incident took place. Five years later you are not getting out of that contract for less than half if it goes to court. I can guarandamnty you that. If it went to court, he would have received nearly all of that buyout.
                      The point that I am making is that less powerful people don't get bigger breaks. Its literally the opposite. Let's take money out of it.

If a student manager for the team punched Shaq, choked Linstead, and tried to throw a punch at another student athlete of a different sport, would he have lasted years after he did those things? Probably not. He would be gone.

Same above circumstances for a walk-on. They would probably be gone no question and no one supporting them.

If Fred during his Shocker prime did any of the above? Honestly there is a real debate to be had that he may have been allowed to stick around because he had power.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1989 View Post

The point that I am making is that less powerful people don't get bigger breaks. Its literally the opposite. Let's take money out of it.

If a student manager for the team punched Shaq, choked Linstead, and tried to throw a punch at another student athlete of a different sport, would he have lasted years after he did those things? Probably not. He would be gone.

Same above circumstances for a walk-on. They would probably be gone no question and no one supporting them.

If Fred during his Shocker prime did any of the above? Honestly there is a real debate to be had that he may have been allowed to stick around because he had power.
                        You can't take money out of it. It is literally all about the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

So we've gone from he put his hands on an assistant coaches neck to choking and now to strangulation?

...stay woke America
                          We'll stated mikek

Comment

• As expected

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              As expected
                              Yep

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                                I've heard from very good sources that a major problem with Golden was his lack of support for the Innovation Campus. If so, I don't know why that wouldn't have been discovered during the interview process.
                                Some truth to that, but was coming around

Comment

Working...
                                X