No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is SM’s behavior being excused here and why is he being supported as a victim? His hard foul on Brown was out of spite and frustration! What did he expect? A friggn’ atta boy and slushy from the locker room? No! He had a hard nose coach slap him on the head to let him know he’s not king schit. Abusing your own team mates is not the way. Do not give SM a pass on trying to hurt his own team mate. Yah, he should’ve gone home with a black eye. But ZB is better than any of us.
    When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• What do we think is the odds of him staying/leaving? From the beginning, I've been thinking he was toast, but now, I'm starting to lean back into him staying. Do you think it's possible that the admin has wiggle room to go either way and that decision is hinging on who the replacement could be? That seems stupid, but IDK....

Or is it just dotting i's and crossin ts with lawyers on termination?

I dont think anything non-physical rises to termination at all.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        I would be interested to hear from JR Simon. Not only did he pay his own way to be in such a volatile environment, he stayed on as a graduate assistant. He was as well respected as anyone on that team.
        Good thought Dan... I believe they played high school together and were good friends. You’d think he’d have a birds eye observation and opinion on the matter.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

What if you are a girl recruit?
          These days, the statement holds true. Look at those top college players, many are more masculine than their universities male student population.
          remember, I am basing this on what I see in austin. I hope WSU is not the same!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            What do we think is the odds of him staying/leaving? From the beginning, I've been thinking he was toast, but now, I'm starting to lean back into him staying. Do you think it's possible that the admin has wiggle room to go either way and that decision is hinging on who the replacement could be? That seems stupid, but IDK....

I find the quote that Sterling Chapman's dad gave very interesting.

“I know the way things are being perceived and I was disappointed to hear a lot of the things I heard, but he really does have a reasonable explanation for these things that are going on. That’s why we’re still behind him.”
            What do you suppose his explanation was?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I find the quote that Sterling Chapman's dad gave very interesting.

What do you suppose his explanation was?
              battered husband syndrome?

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Good thought Dan... I believe they played high school together and were good friends. You’d think he’d have a birds eye observation and opinion on the matter.
                This is from the infamous 'I use him and he uses me' article at https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...205373009.html (a good read for anyone who hasn't read it yet):

"Growing up he had always been so dominant because of how big he was," said WSU graduate assistant J.R. Simon, who played on the same traveling team with Morris and against him in high school at Putnam City North. "In Oklahoma high schools, it was pretty easy for him to do whatever he wanted."
                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

What do we think is the odds of him staying/leaving? From the beginning, I've been thinking he was toast, but now, I'm starting to lean back into him staying. Do you think it's possible that the admin has wiggle room to go either way and that decision is hinging on who the replacement could be? That seems stupid, but IDK....

It's really difficult to get a fix on which way the wind is blowing. The fact that Coach Marshall stepped away from practices this past week just adds another layer of WTH is going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

It's really difficult to get a fix on which way the wind is blowing. The fact that Coach Marshall stepped away from practices this past week just adds another layer of WTH is going on.
                    I guess it’s possible that Marshall is currently serving a suspension and the University is trying to keep everything tightly wrapped. Then they can say they have handled the situation internally when Marshall is seen on the sidelines during game 1. I don’t think that’s exactly likely, but I’m allowed to be optimistic.
                    Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

I think the line in the sand was drawn. I don't think WSU is able/willing to accept to just move on as is. I expect there was an offer made that if Marshall accepted the conditions he could stay on. The big question is whether Marshall is willing to accept anything beyond just moving on as if nothing happened. I'm not sure if he will.

Comment

• Originally posted by KSUUWSU View Post
                        Why is SM’s behavior being excused here and why is he being supported as a victim? His hard foul on Brown was out of spite and frustration! What did he expect? A friggn’ atta boy and slushy from the locker room? No! He had a hard nose coach slap him on the head to let him know he’s not king schit. Abusing your own team mates is not the way. Do not give SM a pass on trying to hurt his own team mate. Yah, he should’ve gone home with a black eye. But ZB is better than any of us.
                        Where did you get the motivation for the hard foul? Where did a witness say Shaq was slapped?

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Please excuse me if this has not been pointed out already, but this type of behavior nowadays would get the DI bounced.

True, but lobbing your penis off and changing your name to Cindy won't.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                            Spare me the "my coach/DI roughed me up so it's okay" (and this is coming from a vet). You think today's recruits give 2shits what happened to you badassses back in your day?
                            So you were a vet and probably one of the country club ones. And do you really think I give 2 shits about what todays recruits think about me or what even you think? Just wondering for a friend because I don't care. I know you weren't in the Marine Corp because we are former Marines not vets.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Where did you get the motivation for the hard foul?
                              Didn’t somewhere I read that the foul was referred to, as a cheap shot foul?

What motivation would a player to take a teammate (in practice) who is taking the ball to the hoop for a dunk or lay in and is driven into the wall/floor to stop it? Was he just trying to stop his teammate from scoring 2 points (during practice), and making him make 2 free throws instead (for the 2 points)? In a game, that would draw a flagrant/technical foul because of possible injury.

Comment

• I dunno. The only witness on the record is Shaq.

Comment

Working...
                                X