No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF, and that’s a big if this is true...you would have to think that there is already a succession plan in place being this close to the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
      Look, if there’s proof he punched Shaq. He painted himself into a corner in about 50 different ways.
      If this is true, he could have saved himself back then by coming forward, admitting his demons, and asking for professional help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
        IF, and that’s a big if this is true...you would have to think that there is already a succession plan in place being this close to the season.
        There is a very bad succession plan in place.

Comment

• Originally posted by hardyhar16 View Post

Uh, I don’t think so. He didn’t have P5 schools after him when he was going to Final Fours and having undefeated seasons. He had too much baggage and now it’s going to be so much worse.
          Most fake news ever. What an idiot. Alabama, Arkansas, etc. ?

Comment

• Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
            Very sad if true. Whatever the case, he doesn’t deserve to be sent off in the dark. I hope there is an outpouring of appreciation from fans that he won’t be able to help but notice.
            Is it possible the outpouring of support was the ad and the letter from Devlin?

Comment

• I guess I don't understand. I am not sure what the investigation will show, but if the allegations are true, why is WSU not having Marshall participate in some kind of therapy to help him with these issues. The Coach has shown loyalty to WSU and to Wichita . And Coach has a good reputation with the City and the community seems to support the coach. Instead of having the coach leave why not suspend him for some games with orders to participate in treatment.

The decision to remove the coach does not help the coach, the team, the program and our community. Instead it seems only to benefit our enemies. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Go shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Is it possible the outpouring of support was the ad and the letter from Devlin?
                He’s gotten the outpouring from big time donors. We’re not all on that level. Donors throwing in their support is great. I think it would be better if the every day fans could show him their continued appreciation as well.
                Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

I'm not buying it. Insiders took a full-page ad in the Eagle. More importantly than the cost of the ad, they signed their names to it (at least that's what I read). Those guys have enough influence and have supported the athletic program enough through the years. They have sources and can get information.

Taking out and signing the ad was not an empty gesture.

I'm not making any conclusions until I see something formal (or someone posts the report the law firm is rendering).
                  I am not overly familiar with all the names on the ad. Were the Marshall 15, (or how every many met when Marshall was being wooed by Alabama,) accounted for in the ad? I think the gesture could be interpreted as a "thank you" as Marshall exits stage left.

I hope the allegations are not true, or at the most, a miniature version of what has been alleged, But if mostly true, isn't a resignation about as good an outcome as could be delivered?
                  Last edited by mattdalt; November 10, 2020, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• This "pending resignation" should be fairly easy to verify; if true, I would suspect Marshall won't be around for practices. Can anyone check on this?

Comment

• See what Brown can do for you

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                        I wonder if he heard something similar?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                          There is a very bad succession plan in place.
                          Kellen taking over?

Comment

• Is that John Beilein's music I hear? Realistically, I doubt any college coach with a job would dare to leave two weeks before the season starts. Probably Isaac Brown this year if Marshall is out.

Comment

• Who's making the call? Can't be Boatright can it?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                                Who's making the call? Can't be Boatright can it?
                                As Bill Burr would say “you were sitting in the hot tub with me!”

Comment

Working...
                                X