Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

That teacher was one of the great influencers of thousands of young people. That one lesson taught us not to disrespect our nation's flag. Something not taught these days.
    sometimes a hard delivery of a message is the best and longest lasting, where as running laps just kind of blends in with normal routine.
    He sounds like a snowflake. Most WWII vets came home and quietly built the greatest country the world has ever seen. This guy was smacking around hippies in public school.

I like people that weren't captured.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Went to Kapaun from 1968 to 1971; and KMC in 1972.
      We had an ex-Marine sargeant as principal.
      We had a couple of really strong, short-tempered priests.

It was Old West justice, you could do anything you wanted, but if you got caught, the teacher was judge, jury and executioner and there was no appeal.
      Punishment was swift and painful.
      Paddles, size 13 tennis shoe across the rear end.
      I watched a guy sitting in front of me get slapped across the face so hard that he and his desk tipped over.
      But before he fell completely over, the priest was nice enough to slap him on the other side of his face and sit him back upright.
      You could have taken finger prints off this guy's face.

And yet somehow, we all survived.

One classmate is on the Kansas Court of Appeals. Several are lawyers like me. Several are doctors. Several are successful businessmen.

I say again, what a bunch of pansies we have become.

Believe me, today's college kid who is triggered by a comment he disagrees with would not have made it a week at Kapaun.

And now, Coach Marshall is a bad guy, despite turning out hundreds of fine young men because he yelled too much at a couple of players and their feelings were hurt.
      Give me a break.
      Last edited by David Rahm; October 21, 2020, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Rahm View Post
        Went to Kapaun from 1968 to 1971; and KMC in 1972.
        We had an ex-Marine sargeantnas principal.
        We had a couple of really strong, short_tempered priests.

It was Old West justice, you could do anything you wanted, but if you got caught, the teacher was judge, jury and executioner and there was no appeal.
        I watched a guy sitting in front of me get slapped across the face so hard that he and his desk tipped over.
        But before he fell completely over, the priest was nice enough to slap him on the other side of his face and sit him back upright.

And yet somehow, we all survives.

One classmate is on the Kansas Court of Appeals. Several are lawyers like me. Several are doctors. Several are successful businessmen.

Believe me, today's college kid who is triggered by a comment he disagrees with would not have made it a week at Kapaun.

And now, Coach Marshall is a bad guy, despite turning out hundreds of fine young men because he yelled too much at a couple of players and their feelings were hurt.
        Give me a break.
        Priests? Lucky he only got a size 13 shoe on the rear end and not something else. I guess once you're past puberty violence is their only outlet.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
          He sounds like a snowflake. Most WWII vets came home and quietly built the greatest country the world has ever seen. This guy was smacking around hippies in public school.

I like people that weren't captured.
          most respected and loved teacher I knew. Students loved and respected him. And yes feared misbehaving. This is a link to the man who has impacted so many lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

most respected and loved teacher I knew. Students loved and respected him. And yes feared misbehaving. This is a link to the man who has impacted so many lives.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...PL0tPs&ampcf=1
            Fair play. Trying to push your buttons. I still think smacking people around is never a way to build respect. People think they turned out right because they were hit but more likely in spite of it.

Comment

• Whatever. I have heard from teachers that behavior in schools was much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                Whatever. I have heard from teachers that behavior in schools was much better.
                “Our sires’ age was worse than our grandsires’. We, their sons, are more worthless than they; so in our turn we shall give the world a progeny yet more corrupt.”

Book III of Odes, Horace
                circa 20 BC

Comment

• Honest question. In today's new BIG liberal media....would any of this...any of this be attached to Wichita St's big donors??? One persons name comes to mind...and his name is stamped on the arena.

P.S. - call me a conspiracists wearing tinfoil hat kinda guy...but remember it is 2020 where the world we know it is 100% completely upside down still. In other words...it seems kinda political.
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Give me a break.
                    This

Comment

I'm looking for your integrity down here.
                      ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Comment

“Our sires’ age was worse than our grandsires’. We, their sons, are more worthless than they; so in our turn we shall give the world a progeny yet more corrupt.”

Book III of Odes, Horace
                        circa 20 BC
                        Oh spare us please, god**mn hypocrite.

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; October 22, 2020, 05:26 AM.

Comment

• Clearly this issue is getting heated. Imagine what’s happening behind the closed doors, it’s probably 100x worse. These times we live in are not the same as the 1970’s and if you think you can just say “deal with it”, well get ready to go down with the ship. If 3G gets let go, we need to rally behind the team and the new coach. This is not Marshall State University. He has brought a lot of great things to our school, but it’s the school we need to support and I entrust that the smart people and others of influence (who are all very smart and astute people) will make the right decision. Let’s try to be civil and stop making assumptions either way until the verdict is read.

Comment

• Just curious if some of you would support bringing back public lashings?

Comment

Give me a break.
                              I grew up in Newton. We had a FBHC who dangled a student out of a 2nd story window by his ankles in the early 70's.

If he'd done that today, he'd be in jail and would never be able to teach again. Probably would be charged with 1st degree wanton endangerment.

I see that as an improvement in our society.

Just because we had to put up with it doesn't mean today's kids have to.

BTW, do you remember all the bull$h!t your folks fed you about having to walk 2 or 3 miles in knee-deep snowdrifts to school? And how much fun we made of them behind their backs?

Being tough is more about strength of character and less about surviving abuse. We should all aspire to raise our children with strength of character because that is what actually makes them tough.

Comment

• Unless the old timers still have eligibility and can hoop, it doesn't matter what the old timers think about corporal punishment with respect to the WSU basketball program. I don't think corporal punishment is popular with the players we are trying to recruit so I'm not sure what all these "we survived" stories have to do with the topic at hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X