X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go....

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

Yep, I was ready to side with the university until I saw the $$. Athletic dept is covering their own ass.
      Assuming the buyout has the same mitigation clause, it's very likely WSU never pays the 2nd half of that buyout. Spreading a smaller amount over 6 years means as soon as he gets a job paying 1.3 million or more, then WSU is off the hook.

Comment

• If Marshall loved the city and university so much why did he extort almost 8 million just now to resign for things he did? He definitely tarnished what is/was left of his legacy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

My HS aged daughter had to read The Crucible this year in her English class for this very reason.
          I'm glad it hasn't been banned yet and they're still reading it in schools. This generation needs it along with 1984.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
            If Marshall loved the city and university so much why did he extort almost 8 million just now to resign for things he did? He definitely tarnished what is/was left of his legacy.
            I'm not going to fault a man whose career may or may not be over for trying to get what he can on the way out. He loves the city and university ... he just loves his family and their stability more .. I can't fault him for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
              I've heard from very good sources that a major problem with Golden was his lack of support for the Innovation Campus. If so, I don't know why that wouldn't have been discovered during the interview process.
              Because he was a snake.

In the discovery process he was all about the IC and continuing Bardo’s vision. That all changed once he stepped actually walked through the door.

I cannot 100% give substantiated proof of all this, but I guess in 2020 we don’t have to. I trust the places I hear it from though.

I have heard other stories as well too.
              The Assman

Comment

• I am so angry about this that I don't even know where to begin.

Comment

• The fact Marshall came out and denied everything from day one had me believe WSU knew about the event 5 years ago, And had already had some sort of discussion or small disciplinary action (who knows maybe even signed a NDA not to talk about it and that’s why 3G was so confident enough to deny it). The fact WSU is paying out half of the buy out only proves to me that they knew this entire time and had come to an agreement.

The most troubling realization for me are not the accusations but that it seems the students and faculty and the major money supporters behind WSU are in completely different spheres of perception. The students and faculty see the school one way, the donors want it another way. The problem is, the donors lost on this one. I don’t see how after their support for Marshall and he gets canned why they would want to pour any money into a university that no longer feels like “their” university. Right or wrong.

I have trouble seeing a future where these same donors open up their bank accounts for a top tier coach when they feel like they already had their guy. And now WSU is on the hook for over a mil for the next 6 years to Marshall on top of whatever they pay the new coach. I’m guessing it doesn’t go well and we end up in the cellar for the next decade. I suppose it’s a good thing we’re in Kansas, with all the tornadoes we should be used to living in the cellar.

And then the bitter cherry on top of the $hit pile, I do very much believe Marshall, with all his competitive nature, will definitely look for another job. And when he lands a great gig and he has that team in the tourney every year, everyone will have already forgot about the accusations and will be praising his name nationally. These are dark days for WSU but I believe the darkest days are still to come.

Anyone can attack me all they want for not being sensitive enough or what ever, but all I know is I hope I didn’t piss off the wrong person 5 years ago, because in this day in age where people want “change” they don’t care if some one can change. They just want something different.
                  I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                  If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm not going to fault a man whose career may or may not be over for trying to get what he can on the way out. He loves the city and university ... he just loves his family and their stability more .. I can't fault him for that.
                    I definitely will. The city and university has more than paid him what’s owed. He made $3.5 ish million a year and is plenty well off for his results. This should sting a lot of people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Assuming the buyout has the same mitigation clause, it's very likely WSU never pays the 2nd half of that buyout. Spreading a smaller amount over 6 years means as soon as he gets a job paying 1.3 million or more, then WSU is off the hook.
                      I believe any income he makes will reduce the amount WSU owes. If fHCGM gets a job paying $700,000 then I believe WSU is only obligated to pay $600,000 per year?

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                        Dingleberry Dan weighs in:

LOL this effen guy...no axe to grind though.

Comment

• Jeff ******* can't even be happy that he got Gregg fired, he has to be salty about the buyout. What a pathetic excuse for a journalist.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                            If Marshall loved the city and university so much why did he extort almost 8 million just now to resign for things he did? He definitely tarnished what is/was left of his legacy.
                            I disagree.

It was up to the university to prove they could fire him for nothing and they apparently failed.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post

I believe any income he makes will reduce the amount WSU owes. If fHCGM gets a job paying $700,000 then I believe WSU is only obligated to pay $600,000 per year?
                              That's correct. I just used 1.3 million because i have a feeling Marshalls ego wont allow him to accept a job that only pays 700k.

Comment

• I’m curious when the statement from previous players will be released.

Comment

Working...
                                X