Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Maybe, I can certainly understand Cold gettin his azz beat
    One time all she could find was a bucket and that went on my head.

Solid parents though. I had a Leave it to Beaver type of upbringing. Even Beaver got his ass beat at times (it was during the commercial breaks).

I'm just a special case. VERY special.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Could Boatright be Randy from Trailer Park Boys? You decide . . .

Jim Schaus (The Gregg Marshall whisperer), wherefore art thou? We need you to bring the hulk in.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Chances are lawyers on both sides are simply running the meter
        Yeah, that;s a given. They must have a class in law school on meter running strategies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Perhaps, but perhaps each kid is different and require different methods of teaching. Especially comparing a kid who is brought up with a mom and dad involved in their life to a kid whose dad was hardly in the picture, mom was busy working to put food on the table, so there was no oversite. Then they go to college and get a coach who cares about them but has trouble reaching their sole.
          Why would he be reaching for the sole of his shoe?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

Why would he be reaching for the sole of his shoe?
            Too soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
              I think Coach Marshall really believes he did nothing wrong. If he hasn't been fired yet, then maybe he's contemplating what to do next. I know he's said many time that he loves Wichita and it's fans and it's probably hard on him that this is happening. If it's still possible to save his job, then I think he should accept whatever discipline he is given, no matter how hard it may seem or how embarrassing it may feel. I believe the current players will back him 100% it he would accept any discipline.
              We need the Chairman of the Board to raise his finger. Too many middle-managers are involved at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

We need the Chairman of the Board to raise his finger. Too many middle-managers are involved at this point.
                Who the hell is in charge at this point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

If it had been as bad as media makes ggg sound, I doubt Ron, fred, shaq or any of those guys would have stuck around 4-5 years. But they did, why??
                  this is always the dumbest response to allegations of abuse. imagine saying this about the huge USAG scandal - "if all these underage girls were getting sexually abused, why'd they stick around for so long????" i mean come on dude, get your head out of your a**. obviously i can't speak for any of those guys, but in those kind of situations people feel trapped because the abuser has power over them in some way. again, i know the two situations are vastly different in terms of scale and severity but its essentially the same concept.

plus, look at how fans bashed the guys that did transfer. yeah we'll love you here at wichita state like no other, until you decide to make a decision for yourself that we don't like

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Any idea how long he is allowed for the response?
                    I don't remember seeing anything called out in there .. so no idea

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Who the hell is in charge at this point?
                      Why... the fella that organized the majority of Coach Marshall's current pay structure, that's who. He also happens to be a pretty good friend of the Marshall family.

Comment

• If Gregg goes so should ADDB. If these events occurred, there is no way he either didn’t know or hadn’t heard about it. He could have mitigated the damage through counseling and perhaps saved Gregg’s job.

Comment

• Quick hot takes:

1. In re Marshall - there ain’t no way the absence is COVID. Gut is that it’s meeting with $1500/hr lawyers with a strategy of “how do I extract maximum payout from the university with further optionality to **** up other people 55 ways from Tuesday”. I wish it were different. But that’s what I would do. That Beamer chick better start reading about civil court procedure unless her cats are going to represent her. And Shaq needs to set up an LLC.

2. In re Sterling - as always I will defer to someone who has either parented or been themselves a high major D1 recruit recently, but... that kid’s future earning power is going to be dictated by his college exposure. Multiply that during a pandemic with little way to impress other high major coaches against (pains me to say it being from there but) lackluster HS competition compared to other major metros, and you have to open the recruitment even if you love the school AND the coach. Furthermore I think Marshall would say the same - whether he stays or goes.

3. In re Baker - I don’t fault the guy. Don’t know him, but if he were my son or brother I would absolutely be telling him that business or politics is absolutely a future a la Jim Ryun and he needs to start playing the game now unless it is a true incontrovertible unqualified injustice against Marshall and he feels compelled to speak out... which it is not. From any angle. Bros before hoes... and coaches if necessary.

4. In re the general sentiment of the “assaults” - I’ve stated publicly before that the other student athlete had to be the big story of the investigation. But I still have a problem with a young person telling a top-of-field successful older person “I don’t GAF who you are” when confronted on something that they should not have done. Show me that the parking spot was unmarked or ambiguous in some way, otherwise I want every single one of you people who worked in a company to say that you parked in the CEO’s parking spot intentionally and then were willing to say that when confronted. And then I will laugh at you. The “punch” is a separate matter - depending on if/how it happened. You know damn well that Coach K would have ripped that kid’s ass - if you don’t, then look up how he cussed out the student newspaper staff for writing an unflattering article about the team in the 80s.

5. In re TBT 2019 - I remember thinking it was really really crazily odd that Marshall joined late and didn’t seem to be that thrilled to be there. Not any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

this is always the dumbest response to allegations of abuse. imagine saying this about the huge USAG scandal - "if all these underage girls were getting sexually abused, why'd they stick around for so long????" i mean come on dude, get your head out of your a**. obviously i can't speak for any of those guys, but in those kind of situations people feel trapped because the abuser has power over them in some way. again, i know the two situations are vastly different in terms of scale and severity but its essentially the same concept.

plus, look at how fans bashed the guys that did transfer. yeah we'll love you here at wichita state like no other, until you decide to make a decision for yourself that we don't like
                            Marshall was always known as the guy that had his player's backs; the guy that propelled his assistant coaches on to bigger and better things; the guy that made men out of mice. Recruits would come to campus, spend some time with Ron or Fred and BAM! They signed on the dotted line. Then overnight Gregg Marshall is an abuser and now being compared to rapists.

If I were him.... lol

LOLOL!

******* we are righteous!

We deserve exactly what we get.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Marshall was always known as the guy that had his player's backs; the guy that propelled his assistant coaches on to bigger and better things; the guy that made men out of mice. Recruits would come to campus, spend some time with Ron or Fred and BAM! They signed on the dotted line. Then overnight Gregg Marshall is an abuser and now being compared to rapists.

If I were him.... lol

LOLOL!

******* we are righteous!

We deserve exactly what we get.

Yeah of course he was known as that, and I'm sure in many ways he did have guys' backs. Lol but what did you expect, Shaq to go to media day and tell the story? Lindsted to post it on his Facebook status? Let's also not pretend like GM's reputation was all roses and lillies. Literally no one was surprised when this news first broke.

And yeah, recruits would spend time with Ron or Fred and then BAM out the door two years later. See Austin Reaves and Jamarious Burton.

Nor did I compare him to a rapist. "the two situations are vastly different in terms of scale and severity" were my exact words.

Also I'm not sure what the point of the video is? We saw several of those this past season before 3/4 of the team left.
                              Last edited by shockersx; November 13, 2020, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Looks like all these experts sources amounted to jack****.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X