Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Bobb, they are from Oregon. Pretty good odds that they would both be willing.
    ​​​​​​
    Um, NO and NO. They are from Washington. And you obviously don't know Oregon well (or Washington it appears).

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      Everything you said here was spot on. But as to your being fair comment, the locker rooms were very bad. However, the locker rooms had nothing to do with Rainbolt driving a new vehicle.
      "Very bad" isn't sufficient. I wouldn't use those shitters in the 90s when we used the Cessna pitch and locker rooms. I'd choose to pinch a turd for a full 90 minute match, rather than come within 10 foot of those bacteria brownhouses (but really, we'd just run over to Jabara Hall if we had the squirts or something). Those locker rooms were disgusting beyond all comprehension _25 years ago_. An embarrassment to our favorite U.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Everything you said here was spot on. But as to your being fair comment, the locker rooms were very bad. However, the locker rooms had nothing to do with Rainbolt driving a new vehicle.
        Oh sure. I might have misread post that I quoted. I sensed criticism of kid complaining about locker room. Taking another look, it does appear that connection was made between locker room condition and Bolt’s vehicle. No, those two should not be related. I do hope that Bolt threw in a little towards that project though, which I’m sure he did.
        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
          Reading some of these reviews really gives a glimpse into this generation. One track athlete reported that the track locker room is awful, but the head coach drives A BRAND NEW CAR! Guess he or she thinks the coach should be donating his entire salary to locker room renovations. Or maybe the coach could keep his salary, but he should drive an old beater to work, so the feelings of the athletes won’t be hurt by the fact that somebody has a nicer car. Entitled little snot.
          Reading this post gives a glimpse into older generations. This has nothing to do with entitlement it’s a disconnect between equating college athletics and a job and to take it a step further, budgets and spending. This athlete shows up to “work” in a dump every day and the “CEO” shows up in a new car. Try to see things through more than one lens.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

Reading this post gives a glimpse into older generations. This has nothing to do with entitlement it’s a disconnect between equating college athletics and a job and to take it a step further, budgets and spending. This athlete shows up to “work” in a dump every day and the “CEO” shows up in a new car. Try to see things through more than one lens.
            We didn’t have an athletics locker room at my school and the couch drove a 15 year old Chevy Luv. The key to happiness is equal suffering for all.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              I guess kids think adults aren’t allowed to work hard to have things
              "You've made enough money..."

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

Disconnect?

Who's paying for those unhappy kids' education? What is the $$$ of that free education?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                    ******* is off a day - the Athletic's article came out on October 8 :)
                    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

******* is off a day - the Athletic's article came out on October 8 :)
                      Typical rash journalism. It's not hard to detect is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Disconnect?

Who's paying for those unhappy kids' education? What is the $$$ of that free education?
                        You have 18 scholarships to divvy up among 60 or so women athletes on the women's track team and 12 scholarships to divvy up among the 60 or so men on the track team. Most of these kids are pretty good students so I imagine many have some academic scholarship help although how much I wouldn't know. The Track and Field teams are by far and away the closest thing to student-athletes on campus. BTW, the women's track program accounts for 2 of the 3 AAC championships Wichita State has won since joining the conference.

That said I don't begrudge Coach Rainbolt having a new car. But the track and field facilities have been crap for decades until the most recent addition. Kudos to Coach Rainbolt for being able to compete in the ACC and stay at or near the top of the Valley for two decades with such crappy facilities.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 9, 2020, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Typical rash journalism. It's not hard to detect is it?
                          I think *******'s tired of pimping podcasts and talking about scheduling.
                          Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                            "all hell broke loose" ... it did? because it seems like AT WSU ... it was business as usual ...

Comment

• ******* is right, seems longer

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                ******* is right, seems longer
                                Well he is a little (no a lot) like a dog with a bone. He's wants Marshall's ass, and he's not going to give up. I won't give him a complement even if I agree with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X