No announcement yet.

2020-21 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys are super defensive when it comes to a KU fan on this board. Actually I liked the Valley...maybe WSU felt it had to leave the Valley after Creighton left but I still question the decision. Great idea to throw away a 70 year membership in the Valley and join what amounts to a big city meatgrinder of a conference at the top... Houston, Memphis, and Cincinnati. The only school in the AAC with a smaller local recruiting base than WSU is East Carolina. Funny how everyone here puts down the Valley when discussing the AAC but when the discussion turns to KU the Valley was wonderful.
    Last edited by N Crestway; September 26, 2020, 02:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
      Funny how everyone here puts down the Valley when discussing the AAC but when the discussion turns to KU the Valley was wonderful.
      What are they saying about the Valley on phognet?

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        The 'superiority complex' will never cease; there's a lot of 'crimson and blue' in my lineage... and some of them have even seen the light.

Move along, nothing to see here...

There's some crimson and blue in the other forums on this board too. The superiority complex gives 'em away.

Comment

• I agree with Crestway. The Valley was great . But not because the teams beat KU like a stepchild. That’s easy.

Comment

You guys are super defensive when it comes to a KU fan on this board. Actually I liked the Valley...maybe WSU felt it had to leave the Valley after Creighton left but I still question the decision. Great idea to throw away a 70 year membership in the Valley and join what amounts to a big city meatgrinder of a conference at the top... Houston, Memphis, and Cincinnati. The only school in the AAC with a smaller local recruiting base than WSU is East Carolina. Funny how everyone here puts down the Valley when discussing the AAC but when the discussion turns to KU the Valley was wonderful.
            Thank you for showing us that you are a typical ku fan. As usual a chickenhawk fan can talk smack but can't take the facts. When confronted with the truth that MVC teams have dominated Big 12 teams in the NCAA basketball tournament, you try and change the subject by saying you liked the MVC and that shocker fans are defensive. Bullsht. We all know what you posted about the Shocks 30 win seasons and we know what your intent was when you said the Shocks played in the MVC. Many of us have seen and heard this story before.

Time for you to run home to mama phognet and ask for a group hug and some cookies and milk. That will make you and your pathetic fan base feel better about your failed claim that you are superior. Free chickenhawk spiedini for all shocker fans.

Comment

You guys are super defensive when it comes to a KU fan on this board. Actually I liked the Valley...maybe WSU felt it had to leave the Valley after Creighton left but I still question the decision. Great idea to throw away a 70 year membership in the Valley and join what amounts to a big city meatgrinder of a conference at the top... Houston, Memphis, and Cincinnati. The only school in the AAC with a smaller local recruiting base than WSU is East Carolina. Funny how everyone here puts down the Valley when discussing the AAC but when the discussion turns to KU the Valley was wonderful.
              Super defensive?

You were the one who interjected something completely irrelevant to the conversation. WSU achieved those 30-wins because they were good, NOT because they were in the Valley. And that was proven over and over again in the NCAA Tournament.

If you don't want people to get "super defensive" about KU and the Valley, then DON'T bring up the Valley when taking a subtle jab at WSU. Gimme a fudging break.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Trevin Wade is listed at 5'10"? Dude has some SERIOUS hops!

27 likes, 3 comments - tiffanysellsatlanta on September 26, 2020: "Wichita State Shockers are not ready! @wade_ballin 🚀 Always flying! Who is ready for some college basketball 🙋🏽‍♀️!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                  Trevin Wade is listed at 5'10"? Dude has some SERIOUS hops!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFnj-QUg...d=14qe07nj20w2
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                    Trevin Wade is listed at 5'10"? Dude has some SERIOUS hops!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFnj-QUg...d=14qe07nj20w2
                    Yes indeed. That is some SERIOUS hops. But we have had guys in the past that had serious hops but did not make much of a contribution to the team success. For example Eric Hamilton and C.J. Keyser come to mind. What I like to know as a point guard is if Trevin Wade is able to play defense? Can he shoot a better percentage from the free throw line compared to what he has shown in the past? Can he run the offense without turning the ball over? I guess time will tell us the answers to these questions. But I am really hoping that he is able to put that outstanding athleticism to better use than some of the players in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Yes indeed. That is some SERIOUS hops. But we have had guys in the past that had serious hops but did not make much of a contribution to the team success. For example Eric Hamilton and C.J. Keyser come to mind. What I like to know as a point guard is if Trevin Wade is able to play defense? Can he shoot a better percentage from the free throw line compared to what he has shown in the past? Can he run the offense without turning the ball over? I guess time will tell us the answers to these questions. But I am really hoping that he is able to put that outstanding athleticism to better use than some of the players in the past.
                      I just hope he can keep his head up and see the whole floor when dribbling the ball.

Comment

• Trevin Wade highlights for anyone wondering what he can do in a game......

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I just hope he can keep his head up and see the whole floor when dribbling the ball.
                          Does he have a reputation for putting his head down while dribbling in the past or is there another reason for this speculation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Trevin Wade highlights for anyone wondering what he can do in a game......
                            Yeap that is really impressive and I have seen that video before. But as they say, that is juco basketball. I am not suggesting in any way that he will not be good at WSU. But I have yet to see any juco player signed by the shocks come in do what they did in juco in their first year. This is Division 1 basketball in a very athletic AAC. I truly hope he makes a contribution this year because the Shocks need him and all the other juco players signed by WSU to raise their game in this first year. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Yeap that is really impressive and I have seen that video before. But as they say, that is juco basketball. I am not suggesting in any way that he will not be good at WSU. But I have yet to see any juco player signed by the shocks come in do what they did in juco in their first year. This is Division 1 basketball in a very athletic AAC. I truly hope he makes a contribution this year because the Shocks need him and all the other juco players signed by WSU to raise their game in this first year. Go Shocks.
                              The talent is there. And if he's at all like his brother... The effort and attitude will be there too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Does he have a reputation for putting his head down while dribbling in the past or is there another reason for this speculation?
                                Reread my post. It contains a qualifier and not a scant of speculation.

Hope this kid can give us good minutes while A. Gilbert is sitting, or injured. We can go with Porter at the point too, if needed. That's a good luxury to have for GGG, because he knows one can never have too many guards that can see the whole floor. It's been proven time and again to be the primary template for successful D1 teams (guard play).
                                Last edited by ShockingButTrue; September 28, 2020, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X