Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    After agent fees and taxes and pension payments, probably around 13 million take home. If he's managed to save half of that (hopefully more, obviously) he should be able to get 250-300K per year without touching the principle. He should be able to do ok with that and start a business if he wants. Then he's looking at a 6 figure pension (around 100k or so) if he waits until he's 62 to start taking his NBA pension. And that's assuming he doesn't get another check, which, reading the room, seems unlikely as he brings good experience to the table.
    And he’s still young enough that he should get great money playing overseas if he doesn’t get another NBA shot this upcoming season.
    78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

They're going to list last attended. Period. The end.
      So does he consider himself a Shocker? Maybe not. Could be when people ask him, he says the school he attended last.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

And he’s still young enough that he should get great money playing overseas if he doesn’t get another NBA shot this upcoming season.
        I could see him jump into coaching.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Unfortunately, his biggest challenge has been the injury bug… ankle injuries have plagued him during his college and pro career.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Someone will give Landry $3-$4 mill for 2 years if he’s healthy. Can’t go wrong with a reliable shooter on the bench.
            Last edited by Dan; July 7, 2024, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Europe?

Comment

• TBT?

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Wishing LS could return and play those 2 more years for the Shockers. His performance against Kentucky proved he would also excel in the NBA. One summer at 21st. and Hillside, I first witnessed him scrimmage. WOW!
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

Wishing LS could return and play those 2 more years for the Shockers. His performance against Kentucky proved he would also excel in the NBA. One summer at 21st. and Hillside, I first witnessed him scrimmage. WOW!
                        He absolutely made the right decision to leave when he did. He needed to help his family. Being picked in the first round helped him do so.

My “what if” is burning his freshman season by playing him in the 2016 NCAA Tournament, ala Ron Baker in 2013. Imagine having Bake, Freddy, Conner, AND Landry all at our disposal.
                        78-65

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                            RIP. Good player. Always remembered his unique free throw style.

Comment

• My thoughts and prayers are also with the Carr family. My fond memories of Henry as a faithful Shocker remember his solid efforts, understanding and following his team role. His Senior year was his best I thought.

Jesus and Mrs. Carr were awaiting Henry in heaven to welcome him to his new home with embracing arms opened wide at our Heavenly Father's house.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• KWCH Story on Henry Carr:
                                Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Working...
                                X